Advanced solar panel uncraftable for me in ic2 #645

• Hello,
    As i have run into many problems playing minecraft, none have been as severe as using ic 2 and now advanced solar panels. Just when i think i find a solution to the crafting recipie, a bang hits my head and there is no way for me to craft it... okay so iridium ore is scearce and cant be mined but only found... fine... guess ill never find them big deal... now what bothers me is that yet another thing i run into is sunnarium... never heard of it... dont know how to get it... okay back onto the net... find some crafting recipie... hook up my mass fab... oh wait... its now in liquid form... i cant use it as a crafting recipie to create sunnarium... now you need to actually have an item to scan it onto a disc that will then be used in the replicator to create the item with the uu liquid... iridium ore or sunnarium...
    Could someone please tell me how can i get sunnarium IN survival mode since im really starting to think to kick ic2 in the... whatever it has... frustration after frustration...
    I usually dont strike forums with my pleads for help since very rarely i belive i get results... but this case might be different... i at least hope it is...

One thing i dont understand... WHY do they have to make things so complicated to make my head explode??? it explodes from much less...

• you can go into the config folder and turn on the easier recipie.. but imho i recomend compact solar.. its decent and works well :)

• Official Post

If you just want the recipes, the FTB wiki has all of them there: http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Advanced_Solars and compact solars is downloadable here: http://files.minecraftforge.net/CompactSolars/

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• yeah i dont have much problem finding the recipies cause i got the recipie guide... the porblem i have is the parts that are required... insane to aquire by normal means... like sunnarium... i dont know how to get it...
    im gonna give the compact solars a try tho... so maybe i can bury the idea about sunnarium :D

• hmm took a quick look on how to make the compacts...
    interesting yet logical...
    but creating solar panels is rather pain in the butt... especially the generator part....
    so... creating 308 solar panels to get the hv compact... not sure about the efficiency increase rather than space saving... i guess ill give it a go nontheless...

• Official Post

like sunnarium... i dont know how to get it...

http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Sunnarium <-Sunnarium page ;)

creating 308 solar panels to get the hv compact... not sure about the efficiency increase rather than space saving... i guess ill give it a go nontheless...

Compact solars is just crushing either 8, 128 or 512 solar panels into one block, efficiency isn't increased at all past lagging less

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• wish i would have found that page while i was browsin the web for answers... thank you chocohead :D

quick off topic, could you point me towards a working forestry addon... the ones i get from jenkins crash each time i click on the automated farm... whatever it is...

• Official Post

Not only future cable losses, but aswell saving in energy network complexity (as in wiring 512 solars is much harder than one single panel that does the same).

Also, Advanced Solar Panels and Compact Solars have two different play routes. The Adv Solar Panels focuses on panels that are expensive by using rare, hard to acquire, energy intensive materials while Compact Solars are expensive by using great amounts of cheap materials.

• Not only future cable losses, but aswell saving in energy network complexity (as in wiring 512 solars is much harder than one single panel that does the same).

Also, Advanced Solar Panels and Compact Solars have two different play routes. The Adv Solar Panels focuses on panels that are expensive by using rare, hard to acquire, energy intensive materials while Compact Solars are expensive by using great amounts of cheap materials.

yep bpth have a balance to it.. one req a long set to make and costly the other requires knowing how ot put a factory together