adding buildcraft to vanilla IC2

• So i am seeing that i will eventually have to add buildcraft for pipes for things.. making alot of options easier .. so my question is..

Buildcraft.. and oil! and thats all i am seeing.. so ..

my goal is to NOT change the world .. IE i don't want to start a new world.. :) i enjoy what i have so far..

Does the lack of oil present ANY issues for powering buildcraft things? IE can i use IC2 EU to power with the converter player made?

What am i missing without oil/fuel?

Is there any way to add oil to a sand biome already ? ( IE with MC edit if thats possable or if its possable to delete the area and let it respawn ( for areas i am not using)

• Oil isn't nessesary for anything, but it's a good power source. If you really want it in your current world, you could use MCEdit to retrogen your current chunks, and you *might* get some oil. No guarantee.

Now you see me, now you don't...

• Official Post

You can use EnetBridge (see pending addons, i'm too lazy to link it now) for conversion.
    But i guess not now, you might want to wait until BC 6.something (which uses RF) is out, since EnetBridge works better with RF conversion.

• You can use EnetBridge (see pending addons, i'm too lazy to link it now) for conversion.
    But i guess not now, you might want to wait until BC 6.something (which uses RF) is out, since EnetBridge works better with RF conversion.

i was thinking that.. so its just oil and i would be ok with that :)

• For piping and so you dont need oil at all. Only for higher tier automatization (with gates and so) you need lasers to create them, and then you need good source of BC power. The best is combustion engine with fuel, but you can power it (and everything else in BC)also only with stirling engines with coal or lava, that will be less efective, but you can do it without remaking the world.

And always you can go explore new chunks to get oil. Then it is on you if you can use some transportation system (long pipes, a lot of buckets, rails etc) or you can make some teleport devices and just have second base for mining oil. :)

• For piping and so you dont need oil at all. Only for higher tier automatization (with gates and so) you need lasers to create them, and then you need good source of BC power. The best is combustion engine with fuel, but you can power it (and everything else in BC)also only with stirling engines with coal or lava, that will be less efective, but you can do it without remaking the world.

And always you can go explore new chunks to get oil. Then it is on you if you can use some transportation system (long pipes, a lot of buckets, rails etc) or you can make some teleport devices and just have second base for mining oil. :)

true a teleporter option would work.. will have to look into that.. and as i understand that option keeps a chunk loaded in memory though?