small ammount of OCD reguarding macerators and such

• So i am trying to setup a factory i like.. and find that my OCD is preventing me from setting things up

1. electronic sorters can't have multiple outs IE Ideal would be if you have 2 sorters sending 1 item down it would know to keep the two blanced 1 in each or one then the other.

2. macerators take 10 seconds to run.. if it took 2x as long this would not be a issue, but because its in essence 5 seconds per ore ( 1 cycle = 10 seconds) you will get a backup unless you use alot of power with upgrades.

solution.. have macerators take 2x as long and balanced.. or make electronic sorters smarter for balancing loads.

is there a config option to change the speed or can the sorters be given more brains?

• yeah, 10s per ore, but you get 2xmacerated ore, so 5 seconds per macerated ore.

my tip: use twice as much washing plants to compensate or use hopper and a chest ontop to compensate big amaouts of backup. :D

• yeah, 10s per ore, but you get 2xmacerated ore, so 5 seconds per macerated ore.

my tip: use twice as much washing plants to compensate or use hopper and a chest ontop to compensate big amaouts of backup. :D

sadly you can't .. the sorting systems can go up down left right backwards forwards.. there is no send to two outputs equal option, or a hey this one is full send to the other one as overflow ( this would be acceptable as well)

Or simply enjoy some overclocking to match the time.

then it uses like 655.36% power and thats 209.7 eu/t which is alot each and would be doable but annoyingly so... and thent he thermal centerfuges would have to be done as well to go to that speed and they use 128 eu/t which would be 838.8 eu/t which gets silly

• I guess you could use the ejector upgrade as "send to first valid side" when on two sides there are two ore washers.

hmm did not think of that.. but.. getting water to each of them automatically is hard. a line of 8 washers will fill from one pump but you can't interupt it. unless the macerator can pass water through it :)

or do the washers on top and bottom and 2 lines of sorting machines.. but that leaves the problem of thermal centerfuges and there is no overflow for them ( stone dust and tiny specs can't pass through them? )

if the item buffer worked smarter it would be good ( i know i am missing the point of this device) right now if i use a item buffer with a ejector and a electronic sorter they fight on sending items to each other and wont send to a macerator at the other end of a item buffer.

Item buffers seem to have no point in existing as well.. it goes into one.. and prefers to go out the same way it came.. so it can't access as a tube/shuttle

maybe i just need to bite the bullet and install buildcraft? but i feel 2 things this is a fundemental problem that needs fixing witht he electornic sorters.. and i don't feel buildcraft has it better... or does it?