Posts by Bratzi

I think that a few recipes could use a little adjustment. Namely, the electric furnace.

Would make more sense if it required a coil:

x :Resin: x

:Glass Fibre: :Advanced Furnace: X

:Copper Dust: :Electronic Circuit: :Copper Dust:

Where :Resin: = coil, :Glass Fibre: = tin cable, :Advanced Furnace: = iron furnace, :Copper Dust: = Redstone, :Electronic Circuit: = circuit

The MV transformer could use coils too:

X :Cable: X

:Resin::Advanced Machine::Resin:

X :Cable: X

Where :Resin: = coil, :Cable: = copper cable, :Advanced Machine: = basic machine casing

EDIT: not quite finished yet

Pumps have a weird recipe. Why use pistons when IC2 has motors?

LV-Pump

:Iridium: X :Iridium:

:Cable::Sticky Dynamite::Glass Fibre:

:Iridium: X :Iridium:

where :Cable: = copper cable, :Iridium: = iron item casing, :Sticky Dynamite: = motor, :Glass Fibre: = small bronze pipe

MV-Pump

:Intergrated Plating: X :Intergrated Plating:

:Intergrated Plating: X :Intergrated Plating:

where :Cable: = gold cable, :Intergrated Plating: = steel item casing, :Sticky Dynamite: = motor, :Glass Fibre: = medium steel pipe

Also i suggest a HV-Pump to make full use of the large steel pipe with 9600mb/sec

X :Industrial Credit: X

X :Electronic Circuit: X

where :Cable: = iron cable, :Industrial Credit: = steam turbine blade, :Sticky Dynamite: = motor, :Glass Fibre: = large steel pipe, :Electronic Circuit: = circuit

I installed Forge with the

forge-1.12.2-14.23.5.2854-installer

and I'm running

industrialcraft-2-2.8.203-ex112

In most cases just take the reccomended file for the version you're trying to play on and you should be fine.

Ahh ok now I understand it. I enabled advanced tooltips already and I was trying things like appliedenergistics2:material#certusQuartzDust

With and without underscores. Also tried dustCertusQuartz etc.

with @3 it works for me too. Already implemented the recipe for normal quartz which would be

appliedenergistics2:material@0 = appliedenergistics2:material@2

if someone wants to add it too.

thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT: imagine all the customization possibilities now that I understand the whole system. :D

no but for real i dug through the appliedenergistics jar aswell and found all the recipe files. I really learned a tiny bit about modding or atleast about how these things are arranged and how they work in the progress. thanks for that too!

This is great, thank you.

With 7Zip I see it too. The compiler didn't show the assets folder.

I was able to add the charcoal to coal dust recipe that I copied to validate the method. Works.

But now I need to find out the ID of certus quarz, certus quarz dust and nether quarz dust.

I tried the following so far but didn't work:

minecraft:quarz = appliedenergistics2:nether_quarz_dust

minecraft:quartz = appliedenergistics2:dust#nether_quartz

minecraft:quartz = appliedenergistics2:#4772/3

How can i find out the ID's?

So I know now that I have to copy the macerator.ini file from the IC2.jar and put it in a folder in the config and add the recipe to the file. Like

minecraft:coal@1 = ic2:dust#coal

for making coal dust from charcoal.

But under what path can I find macerator.ini in the jar? I clicked through all folders that seem to make sense but I havn't found it.

This post seems related to my problem:

I can't turn Nether Quarz and Certus Quarz from Applied Energistics 2 into dusts in the macerator.

I think it worked back then.

Is it supposed to not do that? And more importantly: how can I add the recipe quarz->dust ?

Hi,

I'm playing 1.12.2, great that you guys still developing this mod.

I've seen theres pipes now, which is awesome. (the ol' fluid distributors were a bit clunky to be honest)

The tooltip says "make connections with a wrench", but it seems like I'm too stupid. Or am I ?

Is this a buggy thing or am i doing something wrong? I can't connect my pump to the ore washer. Is there a special trick or key that i have to press to make connections work?

Thanks and have a nice weekend everybody.

No I have a similar setup. Hopper above a Dust Funnel and a chest beneath. Takes several seconds (4 is a good estimate) till 72 of theses µ piles are processed.

Even when you hand-feed it. I remember feeding all the sluice-juice-piles from the dryer into it. had to wait a few seconds between every stack.

seems like the funnel takes around 50 Milliseconds to process a single "thing". No matter if its a 1/9 or 1/72

uhhhhh they are somewhere on there. Things I definitely want to get done include Nuclear, Fusion and a Multiblock Crucible thing.

Yes please :D

I think you had fusion reactors already in.. GT 4? 5? I heard of them once but wasn't really playing the mod back then.

I remember building huge facilties with several completely self-sustaining Nuclear Heat Reactors with IC2 and AE. Part of the energy was used to UU-Matter-produce new Uranium (with a positive energy yield because what are laws of conservation right?)

Depleted uranium cells were automatically processed into new ones and the fuel change worked autonomous as well.

It was fabulous. I'm thrilled for nuclear reactors!

Oh, another thing:

I need silicon now to make a boule. Can i find silicon via silicon bearing rocks in the overworld or am I wasting my time looking for a vein?

I looked up the Gregtech 6/Stones and Minerals section of the FTB forum but Silicon isn't mentioned once I think

EDIT: found ways to make silicon via silicon dioxide. Still, is there silicon ore in the game at all? I see the recipes but I wonder if all the stuff (silicon dioxide seems to have it's own ore too) can actually be found or if these recipes are just auto-generated recipes?

I presume you used the cheap Drums that cant handle Acid? I would like to know what exactly happened there. ^^

No, I didn't. I read the tooltips! :D

However I have put the stainless st. drum below and above the HCl Pipe. With no effect.

A few minutes later I realized that I haven't tried to put the drum on the same height aka next to the pipe- which worked. That's why i deleted the post.

I think it was on auto-output. Is that why putting it above does not work?

Why does putting it below not work? Because HCl is lighter than air?

I found workarounds but I don't really understand the drums and their behaviour completely.

No the Extruder takes Solids.

But the Molds can handle Fluids if you want to use Smelter + Mold.

I assume i can automate that, right?

Smelter outputs the molten Bronze into a fluid pipe and i place molds along the line (can pipes interact with molds? how?)

A hopper below these molds will empty them when the plate has cooled down -> 3. Profit

Is this the way to automate smelting? I assume GT won't force it's players to stand next to a crucible to make 200 Plates every now and then till endgame.