Posts by Bratzi

No I have a similar setup. Hopper above a Dust Funnel and a chest beneath. Takes several seconds (4 is a good estimate) till 72 of theses µ piles are processed.

Even when you hand-feed it. I remember feeding all the sluice-juice-piles from the dryer into it. had to wait a few seconds between every stack.

seems like the funnel takes around 50 Milliseconds to process a single "thing". No matter if its a 1/9 or 1/72

uhhhhh they are somewhere on there. Things I definitely want to get done include Nuclear, Fusion and a Multiblock Crucible thing.

Yes please :D

I think you had fusion reactors already in.. GT 4? 5? I heard of them once but wasn't really playing the mod back then.

I remember building huge facilties with several completely self-sustaining Nuclear Heat Reactors with IC2 and AE. Part of the energy was used to UU-Matter-produce new Uranium (with a positive energy yield because what are laws of conservation right?)

Depleted uranium cells were automatically processed into new ones and the fuel change worked autonomous as well.

It was fabulous. I'm thrilled for nuclear reactors!

Oh, another thing:

I need silicon now to make a boule. Can i find silicon via silicon bearing rocks in the overworld or am I wasting my time looking for a vein?

I looked up the Gregtech 6/Stones and Minerals section of the FTB forum but Silicon isn't mentioned once I think

EDIT: found ways to make silicon via silicon dioxide. Still, is there silicon ore in the game at all? I see the recipes but I wonder if all the stuff (silicon dioxide seems to have it's own ore too) can actually be found or if these recipes are just auto-generated recipes?

I presume you used the cheap Drums that cant handle Acid? I would like to know what exactly happened there. ^^

No, I didn't. I read the tooltips! :D

However I have put the stainless st. drum below and above the HCl Pipe. With no effect.

A few minutes later I realized that I haven't tried to put the drum on the same height aka next to the pipe- which worked. That's why i deleted the post.

I think it was on auto-output. Is that why putting it above does not work?

Why does putting it below not work? Because HCl is lighter than air?

I found workarounds but I don't really understand the drums and their behaviour completely.

No the Extruder takes Solids.

But the Molds can handle Fluids if you want to use Smelter + Mold.

I assume i can automate that, right?

Smelter outputs the molten Bronze into a fluid pipe and i place molds along the line (can pipes interact with molds? how?)

A hopper below these molds will empty them when the plate has cooled down -> 3. Profit

Is this the way to automate smelting? I assume GT won't force it's players to stand next to a crucible to make 200 Plates every now and then till endgame.

What is the fastest/easiest way to avoid crucible smelting? Aka how can i transform my copper into plates automatically without having to stand next to the curcible and measure temperature for hours?

Also, as I'm slowly moving towards electricity, I was wondering about plastic.

The only way to produce it is in the mixer with ethylene/propylene, MgCl2 and TiCl4, right?

Ok, that brings me directly to my next question. Why is a steel steam boiler unable to drive a saw?

This is my Setting:

Steel Burning Box: 32 HU/t

Steel Boiler: 32HU/t -> 64 Steam/t

Bronze Turbine : 64 Steam/t -> 64/3 (21,33) RU/t ( within rated specs of the bronze turbine which is 24 to 96 Steam/t and 8 to 32 RU/t)

The Bronze Saw (16 to 64 RU/t) is unsuccessfully trying to cut Birch Wood Beams, which is a Tier 16GU operation and should require 16GU/t

EDIT:

Tried the setup with just bronze parts. Now it works fine. So I even have to pay attention to not drive machines with too much steam?
    If that is true, when will i ever need a Steel Boiler with its weird output of 64 Steam/t (which converts to 21,33 RU/t?)

Cassiterite. Tetrahedrite is best for copper.

I just noticed that the smelter has a fluid input and a solid output. Why? It only takes solids and turns them into liquids.

Ah, perfect, thank you.

Unfortunately I don't know the answer but I have yet another question

Can I (and how) store steam in a tank (for example small invar tank made out of main valve and wall) ?

It says it can handle gasses, but when i connect a pipe with steam to the tank i hear a hissing noise as if the steam leaks out somewhere.

Obviously I'm loosing the steam. But why? Am I missing something? Does it even make sense to store the steam? I thought I'd use it like a buffer for my machines.

Ok, I see...

Well so it's more like

appliedenergistics2:material@4357 = 1000

or

appliedenergistics2:material@4357/0 = 1000

or

appliedenergistics2:material@#4357/0 = 1000

even tried

appliedenergistics2:material@[4357/0] = 1000 ?

But none of them worked. At least now the game doesn't crash anymore, but i still can't scan Certus Quartz.

If i hover over the item it says "Certus Quartz Crystal (#4357/0) 4357"

Do you have another idea what i could put in there to make it work?

Thank you for the answer,

I tried that already, but it throws me this error

"The game crashed whilst there was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail

Error: net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoaderExceptionModCrash: Caught exception from IndustrialCraft 2 (ic2)"

The section in my config looks like this:

; Additional initial uu values, a value of 1 equals cobblestone.

; Recipes may cause the final value be lower than the one specified here.

; Format: <name>[@metadata] = <value>

[balance / uu-values / predefined]

IC2:misc_resource#iridium_ore = 12000

IC2:misc_resource#iridium_shard = 1333

appliedenergistics2:material#certus_quartz_crystal = 850

Any ideas?

Hey there,

I'd like to add certus quartz crystal from applied energistics 2 to the UUM system of ic2.

as of right now it seems to not be scannable and thus not replicatable, which is unfortuante because I can replicate everything I need but certus quartz.

Is there a way to make it work on the scanner?

Oh thank you, that helped. :D

and how to figure out what <name>[@metadata] for CertusQuartz or any other item is?
    I tried AppliedEnergistics2:itemCertusQuartzCrystal = 350 , but it seems not to work?

Hey everybody,

is there a way to copy Certus Quartz from Applied Energistics 2 via UU-Matter? I can't put it in the Scanner, so i think the UUM-System works for Vanilla MC/ IC2 items only. But is there a way to add recipes from other mods?