Help With Steam Generator

• I have searched the forums and cant find a reference to my problem I have built a reactor first time for me, using the 5x5 system, got the set up in the reactor working it doesn't over heat or anything but my problem is the steam generator, I have the fluid going to the LHC which is working at 100/100 and then to a steam generator, but.... NO water? how do I put water in this, I have made 3 of them so far and cant figure it out, I am going for a steam generator to a kinetic steam generator. but nothing is working past the Steam Generator cause I cant figure out how to get water in the system? can someone help me figure out what im doing wrong here? starting to bang my head against the wall lol :P

• Official Post

If you have any mods which add pipes, you could pump it in, otherwise, universal fluid cells used to work (but might be broken) or the fluid regulator.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Only mods I have are NEI and IC2 industrialcraft-2-2.2.647-experimental if needed I can submit screenshots I am so lost reading the guides they all say the water is already in the machine, if I need another to put it in (already tried clicking with distilled water everywhere including outside the GUI and ended up with water flowing all over the place) what machine puts it in? and thank you very much for the quick response

• I finally figured it out... i think. but now its trying to get the superheated steam from the steam generator. im using the fluid regulator Chocoahead mentioned, I just took forever to find out that the output was on the block and then had to play with other blocks to get them facing properly, the steam gen is now full of water, and got it producing steam only.... but then I get these explosion effects and my dirt is destroyed all around my gen but im getting power, and gotta play with it to figure out the superheated steam to get proper power levels thank you for everyones helm

• I finally figured it out... i think. but now its trying to get the superheated steam from the steam generator. im using the fluid regulator Chocoahead mentioned, I just took forever to find out that the output was on the block and then had to play with other blocks to get them facing properly, the steam gen is now full of water, and got it producing steam only.... but then I get these explosion effects and my dirt is destroyed all around my gen but im getting power, and gotta play with it to figure out the superheated steam to get proper power levels thank you for everyones helm

there is a video i made.. about 50 mins long to make a full nuke..

you need 2 heat exchangers on the boiler.. both 100 hu/t

Boilet set to 221 pressure and 1 mb/t
    when it reaches 375 C it will be superheated!

• Are Steam Generators bugged at the moment?
    I cant for the life of me get water into the Generator...
    I've been tinkering with this problem for the last 4 days (in between the festivities...), and no matter what i do, the water wont go into the Generator....

• Official Post

They work for me, how are you trying to get the water in?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I´m using fluid Regulators to pump water into the Steam Generator. And have also tried using BC pipes and engines to pump the water through. With no luck...
    I´ll be back after new year with some pictures....