Some questions, and looking for suggestions on which mods I should use now.

• I would not use windows 10, it has serious issues with collecting data and even allows microsoft to look at your pc and download and use everything on there. Cooler and powersupply I don't know about, just don't know the manufacturers, the rest looks okay. If I pick a powersupply, I always pick one from beQuiet, that is the best one I know of, I might be wrong there thought. If it's in the budget I would try for a bigger hdd, 1tb is full fairly fast with the size most games already have, put a few videos or music there and it's full to the brim. Also a good idea is to get an additional ssd, even if it's just a small one for the operating system, the pc will boot within seconds with one.

Daenara

Presuming Drago892 plans to play other games like Skyrim Special Edition, Fallout 4, or Battlefield 1 as well as Minecraft, upgrading to Windows 10 (or possibly 11 once it comes out) will eventually be necessary (extended support for Win7 ends in 2020), so one might as well take Win10 it while getting a new computer anyway. It's possible to turn off the data collection options, though IMO privacy is an illusion to begin with (especially online).

From what I've read, installing Minecraft on a Linux distro isn't too hard, but getting games that are more "mainstream" to run decently under Linux could be a nightmare.

As far as power supply, I consider Seasonic to be the top of the line. They don't make any bad psus. beQuiet is a good brand too, but a little hard to get in the US.

Bigger HDD and added SSD might be good, but let's wait until Drago892 provides a specific budget, and possibly more usage details, like what other games he/she has (or plans to buy). Even better would be filling in a copy of the template from the Tom's Hardware sticky about asking for new build advice:

http://www.tomshardware.com/fo…2-31-build-upgrade-advice

• Well, games on Linux is a bit problematic since it works with some, but not all. I myself use Windows 7,I even updated to Pro a few weeks ago and hope Microsoft will get its shit together. There won't be a Windows 11, at least it was not planned. The data collection can be turned down, but if you don't have the education version and use it in a domain you can't block everything. They still are allowed to do whatever they want with your data (on the PC) and even with your software (mandatory updates). In Germany there is even debate if it is allowed to be used in university settings because by default if you type a paper on it Microsoft has rights on that, too. The best I see for after 2020 right now is to use Win7 for gaming and Linux for everything else. If I don't get a security patch it won't matter much if I only game on it

• There won't be a Windows 11, at least it was not planned.

Maybe it won't be called "Windows 11", but I'm sure Microsoft is already planning some sort of successor to Windows 10. They'd be stupid not to.

In Germany there is even debate if it is allowed to be used in university settings because by default if you type a paper on it Microsoft has rights on that, too.

Okay, that's a controversy I was previously unaware of.

• Maybe it won't be called "Windows 11", but I'm sure Microsoft is already planning some sort of successor to Windows 10. They'd be stupid not to.

Microsoft plans to only update Windows 10, most likely they will take money for an upgrade and without the upgrade the PC won't work anymore, or will be as bad off as a Windows 7 without support because of the mandatory update policy in Windows 10.

• Microsoft plans to only update Windows 10, most likely they will take money for an upgrade and without the upgrade the PC won't work anymore, or will be as bad off as a Windows 7 without support because of the mandatory update policy in Windows 10.

I'm curious where you get that information. Looking at https://support.microsoft.com/…dows%2010&Filter=FilterNO I see the extended support for Win10 is scheduled to end in 2025 or 2026 (depending on exact edition), and the only way that could work is if there is an eventual successor version of Windows, rather than just an update/service pack.

• I got that information from one of the biggest computer magazines in Germany. They cited Microsoft announcements that stated just that before Windows 10 came out. Since then they reported on every change they made (and quite a bit of the data debate around it). If I remember right there should be a end of service for major patches instead of versions now. I think they even extended the support when the anniversary update came out. My guess is, that they just display the farthest end of support there and drop people who managed to not update quietly.