Cannot figure out how to download IC2

• Hi guys,

I'm using an Asus with Windows 8, running 1.8.1 for MC. I've tried everything and can't get IC2 to run. Am I doing something wrong?

I opened the winrar file for 1.8.1 jar in adobe, then clicked and dragged all the files for IC from the winrar file I created into the 1.8.1 mod winrar. Still not working. I honestly have zero experience with doing minecraft mods and could use some help. Thanks!

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    There is no ic2 for 1.8, however there is for 1.7.10, what you need to do is this:
    -Install 1.7.10.
    -Download forge for 1.7.10 from here : *
    -Double click in the installer, and install.
    -You have 2 options, install the old ic2 port from 1.4.7 to 1.7.10 from here ic2-classic-1.7.10-6.jar , or you can download the Ic2EXP build from here industrialcraft-2-2.2.654-experimental.jar .

-Now go to create a folder called "mods" (make sure of copy "mods" without the " because it needs to be called exactly "mods"), then place the ic2-version file that you select in that folder.
    -Go to your launcher, select version, 1.7.10-forge, accept, play game.
    -Get fun, and welcome sir to the community.

• HI there,

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out with this. I"m all but desperate to start playing this mod, it looks like so much fun.

I just want to make sure I understood your instructions; I might be hitting some roadblocks.

1. Do you mean to download Minecraft 1.7.10, as in that version of minecraft, or do you mean only Forge 1.7.10?
    - I went to https://mcversions.net/ and downloaded the jar for 1.7.10. Now it resides on my desktop while I figure out what to do with it.

2. I attempted to install the forge mod, it seems to be 1.7.2. I could be wrong though! WHen I attempt to run it it says that I need to run 1.7.2 client manually at least once.

Soooooooo where do I go from here? THanks! :)

• You need the launcher of minecraft, you download and when you open it you will see a interface, somewhere there IS (or must be) an option to select the version, select 1.7.10, press accept, and launch the game.
    Also, 1.7.2 is an old version, install the 1.7.10 forge, simply download the installer and open it, then an interface will open to your eyes and you select install, DON'T TOUCH OR MODIFY ANYTHING, because you will break the things, is important to be carefull when you are start learning how to make something.
    When you finish all this steps you open the Minecraft launcher again, select the version of forge that you recently install, accept, and launch game.
    Good luck, if that doesn't helps, there are more than millions of tutorials all over the internet.
    Also, sorry for my bad english, i'm from argentina and i speak spanish.

• Once again, thank you for your help. I got everything installed as directed and am now able to launch the game in Forge. The only problem is that when I try to launch it, the game just closes. I tried it 5 times (so it's statistically significant!) and it still hasn't worked.

Any advice?

• Maybe that is a Crash, crash is a problem created when you make something wrong, what you need to do is go to .minecraft -> crash reports -> and open the last txt file, copy all what it says and paste it here, i'll see the problem and help you.

• I'm looking around and can't find a folder called Crash Reports. I'm running on windows 8 if that helps. Is it possible ths my computer just can't run it? I'm going to build a desktop soon, then I'll do all my minecraft on it. It'll be much better than this laptop I'm using.

• Official Post

It would be called crash-reports if you're searching for it. It will be in the same place the mods folder is in.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Not in the mods folder itself, but in the same folder that the mods folder is it.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.