Wind Mill Wiring Help

• The problem is that if you have cables that are more than 4 long you will loose 1 EU. And if the windmills are only delivering 1 EU/t all the power will be lost.
    Remember that the EU produced is not combined in one big package but 5 small ones. That means that each will try to send 1 EU/t but they will not because of the cable loss.
    Try reducing the cable length :)

• don't exactly mean to necro this, but i have an interesting problem.
    version 1.22
    windmills at max height with only 2 cable below.
    Using tin wires, the windmill will sometimes burn the cable out, is it possible that these windmills are producing more than 3eu packets?

attached pic of problem area
    Note: replaced areas of burnout with copper cable so far, no issues except for some power loss.

• Ye i noticed later windwills can produce more than 3 eu (varies between 2-4 eu or something based on wind). Unless you build your windmills lower or they are obstructed tin wires wont work unfortunaly but not a real problem through. So use copper and if you are really rich and dont care about costs anymore make glassfiber (through if distance is less than 4 blocks it wont make a diference.

• Official Post

Windmills are supposed to be useable with tincables. Apparently i failed the math on EU generation. If windmills can generate 4EU, Tincables will be capable of transporting 4 EU, as well.

• Windmills are supposed to be useable with tincables. Apparently i failed the math on EU generation. If windmills can generate 4EU, Tincables will be capable of transporting 4 EU, as well.

Actually if doing this can you make it 8? That way each cable type is a 2^2 power distant from another. 8, 32, 128, 512, 2048. This would also be nice if at some later point cables handle watts instead of volts and if a new lower grade of transformer is made things would make more sense.

• might i inquire as to this being fixed in the next version. and if so what is the traditional update schedule? once weekly, on a weekday, whenever it is ready?
    typing on phone is slow and difficult.

might i inquire as to this being fixed in the next version. and if so what is the traditional update schedule? once weekly, on a weekday, whenever it is ready?typing on phone is slow and difficult.

Ooh... Because you're on your phone, you probably haven't noticed this post: http://forum.industrial-craft.…read&postID=2478&post2478

Asking for release dates = Ban
    Serious.
    No joke.
    Ask for any sort of release date, regardless for which part of IC² and you will be outright banned. No exceptions.
    We will tell you when you got to exspect a release date. Or we won't, then you'll just have to wait.

I like to think that this policy was written in bad temper after a ton of unwarranted harassment, and I hope you won't be banned in this case!

In my own attempt to answer your question, 'when it's ready' seems closest. A lot of people work on this mod basically unpaid for the fun of it, and it's not fun trying to meet deadlines. If they set any expectations, it can only go bad for them. People become ungrateful and whiny if you set expectations and then deliver your free, insanely fun mod a day or two late.

• awesome. well i will plan on a donation soon anyway. love this mod. hate to seem winey.

You didn't seem whiney to me, I'm just letting you know that the management unfortunately has a harsh policy on such questions. When I say 'whiney' I'm thinking of the nonsense that engulfs every minecraft forum when Team Mojangles misses a forecast release date of the base game.

• yeah i know what you mean, those comments were like 85% of the thread in the old forum posts.
    i can understand why they want to keep it to a minimum.