Does a miner still need a pump?

• I ran a miner (at 9x9) probably a dozen times and never had the pump suck up liquids. I checked underground and saw the mining pipe just go through water.

Does the miner not need a pump anymore?

Also the info on the wiki for the advanced miner seems old, does it just do a 9x9 faster or is it 14x14 like I heard in a video? I also read that it needs no pump. Maybe all miners were changed like this?

• Official Post

The advanced miner 100% doesn't need a pump, as it teleports blocks up, pretty sure it's a 15 or 16 block radius that it does it, the holes it makes are huge.

As for the normal miner, all I can think is that the pump mechanic overhaul made it no longer need it.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Aww the advanced miner teleports the blocks? I really like the pipes and stuff of the original Miner. Oh well.

What pump mechanic overhaul?

• Official Post

Before, the pump was kind of useless, with it only really being able to remove the liquid block from directly underneath it. It was reworked so now it can suck liquids from any side, and will work like the Buildcraft pump to be able to take any source block from the lake of fluid it's pumping from.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Whoa that is nice. So it always sucks up source blocks then? That makes a modpack with the only pump being from BC and IC2 pretty interesting, no way to just make an infinite source of water and pump 10 gazillion buckets out of a 3x1 pool. (BC has to be configured to suck up source blocks though)