[16x][IC2, GT5u/6, AE2, more!] Zederrian Technology 1.4.0

• Those textures are fantastic! Great work.

You held true to the Unity style; I could have easily mistook them for my own. :)

The man himself. I take GREAT appreciation for your work friend. I feel like I need to work a bit more on my blocks, but I really like the items. There are just SO MANY GT blocks that all look similar to the default, and I wanted to keep the default GT 'theme'.

• Hold the phone...are you Zerren from FTB forum? This looks a lot like your old work on the FtB painterly pack, and it's great to see parts of it back. I do wish it survived though, but great work anyways!

Now you see me, now you don't...

• Hold the phone...are you Zerren from FTB forum? This looks a lot like your old work on the FtB painterly pack, and it's great to see parts of it back. I do wish it survived though, but great work anyways!

You would be correct. I fell off the face of the planet for a year+ and unfortunately abandoned a few things. Extrafirma for TFC and that pack were two unfortunate casualties.

I'm making everything I do now open source or free distribution so it can't happen again. I learned a lot about pixelart in the time in between so I'm trying to use it here.

• I'm really pumping out the updates. Sorry to make you guys keep downloading :P

-Added new gems, screws, bolts, large ingots, large plates, dense plates, lens.. probably more things. Last update for a few days/whenever I get around to GUIs.

• I think I'm doing going over the older textures. A few didn't have some highlights and overlay portions which made the darker materials (rubber, Naquadah, etc) REALLY dark. Nothing should be completely dark any more.

Screws and bolts got the shaft because they were kind of hard to distinguish when they were stacked.

• I do have a complaint, I cannot distinguish visually between some dusts like, stone dust, tin and iron dust looks identical.
    Do you mind making stone dust color to stand out more?
    And make tin brighter and iron slightly darker, otherwise telling them apart aren't easy.

• I don't have any control over the colors. They use the same texture file and Greg colorizes them in his code. I asked in the thread and he won't expose the colors via config because some of them have special effects.

EDIT: well. Actually yes I can do this but they won't be different colors. The dusts were the first things I ported over from Greg's texture revamp and dull, metallic, shiny, and powdery dusts got unique textures. Give me a few hours and I'll make the dusts look different. Good catch.

• Update again (more of a fix). Dusts are slightly visually different. Stone dust has little rocks, metallic dust is shinier, shiny dusts are.. better. It's nothing crazy but at a glance you should be able to tell the difference between tin, iron, and stone (as an example). There isn't' a huge one but it's there.

• Yeah. I kinda abandoned it for a few reasons, but the main one is the spaghetti code that I didn't want to release lest people learn horrible things from. Half of it was copied old TFC code which is HORRENDOUS. Their newer TFC code is much better but there are some things that remain deep within.

I really didn't want to do a rewrite from the ground up either. I learned a lot from that project and projects in the time between so it might get a revival someday. Maybe 1.8 when the model stuff gets sorted out. It would be open source on github from the start if I even do it.

• Keep up good work on it.
    PS:Some of my friends have seen this for the first time,they think the machines' texture is more like TEish.

GregTech SHALL rule the world !

• Keep up good work on it.
    PS:Some of my friends have seen this for the first time,they think the machines' texture is more like TEish.

They partially are, for a few reasons.

The original Unity pack has most of the block textures already done and I've simply recolored them/shined/bolted to fit GT materials. The machine faces (some) are heavily edited Unity TE textures, (ore washing, furnace/smelter) which are already based on TE anyway. The machine input/outputs are DIRECTLY inspired by TE. Things like the Laser Engraver are built from the ground up.

I thought CyanideX's TE style looks great for GT and it clearly shows you what each thing is doing. Big red or green rings around I/O, drains, etc.

The items are mostly original from myself build and textured pixel by pixel from the ground up, though. Some are edited but most are unique to this pack (or my old painterly FTB work).

• BTW Cyanide posted what his textures looked like and they don't seem to "compete with yours" in any way. He wasn't going to Retexture IC2 so he decided to do GT in the IC2 style:

• Honestly they look really good and match what Ic2 is, which is what he does with Unity (match the original).

I'm just not a fan of pure 32x textures. Some of the textures in the pack are 32x or a select few are even 64x, but they are only for offsetting pixels (the frost warning sign is 64x). I tried it with the diesel generator's top texture and I dont like it so I'm changing it. It will remain 32x because there are 6 pistons and you can't center them with 16x only.

ALSO, I'm going to be changing the machine body textures to not look like the TE textures. Bottom/sides/top will be different from each other still though. I just need some inspiration on what I want them to look like and hope they look good in a purple tint because greg somehow and some reason shades all machine hull textures with a slight purple tinge.