[Remake][1.6.4|1.7.10|1.10.2][Patreon][IRC|#IC2-Classic|EsperNet] IC2 Classic by Speiger

• Official Post

I am to lazy to type everything again since i make a copy paste normally.

If you want to see the changes you find them above the download at github.

For the lazy:

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

People are more likely to read it if they don't have to go looking :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Gonna test your requests, also, could you try to release the fusion reactor next build ? ( a simplified version of the already simple old Rocket Science fusion reactor, which will fuse D+D to produce a steady 100 eu/tick, at the cost of a starting cost of 100 000 000 eu, then you only need a supply of D ).

EDIT: Deuterium would be produce by putting electrolysed water cells in an extractor, and adding coils ( in the same shape as the old GT fusion reactor, extremely expensive ) will reduce the initial fusion firing cost to 90 000 000 eu/tick and make 10 more eu/tick when working.

• Gonna test your requests, also, could you try to release the fusion reactor next build ? ( a simplified version of the already simple old Rocket Science fusion reactor, which will fuse D+D to produce a steady 100 eu/tick, at the cost of a starting cost of 100 000 000 eu, then you only need a supply of D ).

Next Build is trying to say that the Version is stable. After the Stable build we can think of adding new stuff.
    At the moment i am really focusing on 2 things in programming:
    First: get IC2 Classic stable so that people do not need to be scared to use it at public modpacks.
    Second: get my own mod stable. Because i changed 1 thing which broke my whole mod ^^" Well i did simply copy the Packet System from 1.7.10 to 1.6.4 because its cleaner in codestyle. Well that broke my old unclean system (it was really a mess).

^^" Also the future where i have not much time anymore (for about 30-50 days in a row) is coming closer and closer^^" And there coding... Do not know. Maybe.

• Official Post

First: get IC2 Classic stable so that people do not need to be scared to use it at public modpacks.

Does stable count as working with experimental addons or not?

I see this too much.

• Does stable count as working with experimental addons or not?

Well that is a thing for itself. Things like Nuclear Controll should since the last update no longer crash for the basic stuff (like EnergyCounter and co), but as soon it goes into Nuclear stuff or more deeper stuff which is not really checked / adjusted to addons it will be hard to not cause a crash...

But to answer quick: For basic addons like compact Solar and other like that yes, everything else maybe.

Ill be sure you can also install now Nuclear Controll with 1.0.6 version and use it as long it has nothing todo with the Reactors stuff and maybe even some cards^^"

EDIT: Deuterium would be produce by putting electrolysed water cells in an extractor, and adding coils ( in the same shape as the old GT fusion reactor, extremely expensive ) will reduce the initial fusion firing cost to 90 000 000 eu/tick and make 10 more eu/tick when working.

Well first i know how rocket since work because i talked a lot with a friend about it who really got into it and also had the fitting knowledge to understand the thinking behind...

But to answer your question. I was thinking to implement the fusion reactor into it.
    After thinking of it i decided to say no to the directly implementation into IC2 classic, that does nothing against this mod.

But to explain: IC2 is nothing about rockets / reactors or something like that. Like the Name says Industrial Craft. Its all about industrialisation, which rockets are but in a differend way. Its already a step higher then IC2 goes.
    Also thinking of that some people would not like it to have it directly implemented... Which is totally ok. I can understand it and also think that this is a better way then force everything to be contained.

My solution to this problem is a bad one. A really bad one. I planned anyways to make rocketsince back to life but that would stay at 1.6.4. Thats why its a bad solution....

Another thing: The idea of implementing Adv Machines & Compact Solars are fitting better into IC2, simply because its only additions to the already exsisting things which is partly added. I am still asking myself why IC2 Exp did not implement more then a Induction furnace to the game.
    That would by the way go rather quick because the basment files exsist i can easy add the stuff, and the logic is also not that hard to create, the only missing part would be Textures. Gui & Block Textures. ^^"

Just as last words. These things will not join the game instantly but over time, because to much adding stuff through one release is not a good way, you know bugs and co and me togehter you how that would end x)

I hope that you understand that Minesasha...

• I don't understand why suddenly you don't want to implement fusion reactor anymore ;P but otherwise yup :thumbup:

Messing around with IC2 classic to try to fork it atm, but don't have much time, need to go now ;P ^^

• I don't understand why suddenly you don't want to implement fusion reactor anymore ;P but otherwise yup :thumbup:

Messing around with IC2 classic to try to fork it atm, but don't have much time, need to go now ;P ^^

Thats totally ok. I just try to relax in that time :D

To the other thing well most features i implement in IC2 Classic will be implemented in 1.6.4 and updated to 1.7.10 then.
    Reason: 1.6.4 will be tested as it get created on a testserver where i and other people play. And the updating takes maybe 1/20-1/200 of the creating time and most bugs are already fixt which could be in there...
    And the reason why i changed my mind is this: clickMe
    And there it is not usefull to have it twice...

• Official Post

The main thing I want is IC2 Classic to be stable, and the (updated) addons that were in Tekkit Classic to work with it, so we could actually have Tekkit in 1.7.10.

I see this too much.

• The main thing I want is IC2 Classic to be stable, and the (updated) addons that were in Tekkit Classic to work with it, so we could actually have Tekkit in 1.7.10.

You got the point. If you find something that does crash/not work just tell it i can look if i can make compatiblity. (Some things are not possible to fix since i have to change TileEntityClass names for that is impossible)...

• Tekkit classic 1.7.10, so that was your evil plan all along... ( joke ), I am also waiting for IC2 classic for finishing my modpack, which is finished btw ;P ^^ :thumbup:

• That version i gave should be stable and even more compatible to addons as the one before.
    If you find nothing that could prevent it from modpacks (crashes and co), i will just add 2 missing recipes and then well stable release... (and also bugfixes if they exsist)

• Official Post

Nuclear Control crash:

Duplicate recipe with Rubber Tree Saplings:
    Crash with AtomicStryker's Advanced Machines:

I see this too much.

Edited once, last by Chocohead ().

• Official Post

Crash with Immibis Advanced Machines, it works fine until you try and process something, at which point there is a volume function based crash:

Advanced Solar Panel's Molecular Transformer works fine, appart from the transforming recipes from and to IC2's Silver Ingot: And, the energy acception limit is 0 EU/t, meaning you can't power it.
    The only other Advanced Solar Panels thing I notice is that it's Uranium Ingot is made from , or .

I see this too much.

Edited 3 times, last by Chocohead ().

• Duplicate recipe with Rubber Tree Saplings: 2015-05-04_18.47.53.png

I can check that really easy.

Crash with Immibis Advanced Machines, it works fine until you try and process something, at which point there is a volume function based crash:

Ok that is fixable. Should not take that long...

Nuclear Control crash:

Also fixable and also fast since i can copy it from Exp.

Advanced Solar Panel's Molecular Transformer works fine, appart from the transforming recipes from and to IC2's Silver Ingot: 2015-05-04_20.06.58.png And, the energy acception limit is 0 EU/t, meaning you can't power it.

Well thats a little bit hard. Classics Silver Ingot exsist but the ItemNoUse (thats the name i should print that properly) making still trouble since i did not register that it already exsists... But that should be easy to handel... To that 0 EU also need to check the sourcecode... Could be a Adv Solar pannels & Exp bug. Because IC2 Exp do not look how much energy is really needed. And because the molecual Transformer accepts infinite eu they used that... (I can make a workaround for that but they should fix that if it is the case)
    The problem here is that this what i added is a bugfix (which causes your problem) to the problem which some ic2 addon machines have (api users have), they say i need 23 eu,
    ic2 exp just say you get 500 EU use as much as you want. Now the modder think the number they said get directly injected, and drain everything.
    That simply means if your machine requires only 32 eu but the modder did not make a safe check they drain the x times more and a lot of energy get loss, which you can not even call powerloss anymore... I had that problem with exp in 1.6.4, sadly i was injecting 2048 EU (and it required only 10), you can guess how horrible it was...

Crash with AtomicStryker's Advanced Machines:

That is sadly not fixable since its a baseclass from Exp which classic do not have. For that i have to copy exp code and then hope that they did not use that much exp code required... (Basicly its a luckgame here but i say its not fixable)

But it is anyway planned that classic will have internal AdvMachines so that would resolve that problem when it is implemented... Use immibis version in the next fix...

The only other Advanced Solar Panels thing I notice is that it's Uranium Ingot is made from Refined Uranium Ingots, or item.null.name.

Yeah the reason of that is simply because i exp has now a differend uranium (i am not joking), and because of classic uses a completely differend i try to solve that that you convert it back to the classic version with that. Its dirty solved i know... But it works fine...

Ok thanks Chocohead i will start to fix that stuff.

Good that you uploaded the crashes (i asked on the github page for that).
    Now it takes way less time to make the fixes :D

• Official Post

IHL startup crash:

Also the Molecular Transformer is still using item.null.name not the Silver Ingot you added.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

ElectricalAddition does load, but both the Wireless Energy Sender and Wireless Mega Sender have max EU inputs of 0 EU/t (like the Molecular Transformer). We could also do with an UV/IV transformer to down convert the Awesome Producer's 250M EU/t packets :P

Ztech has the same startup crash as Advanced Machines :(

I see this too much.

• Actually, for some reasons, item.null.name is OD with silver... Instead of the silver ingot... Derp ? xD

Gonna test your batbox thing, although I don't really understand what was the problem ( MFR cables ).