IC2 Crops... and the IC2 wiki.

• Is anyone updating the official ic2 wiki? HOw would I go about helping out with that? It seems there is a huge team of gt people working on the gt wiki, but IC2 has a bunch of 'new' things that dont have much documentation.

Specifically, ic2 crops are still pretty rare knowledge. Today I set up some crops and had ALL of my potatoes yield poisonous potatoes. Then later, somehow they all turned to weeds. In 2 years of playing, i have never had this happen. So the thing is, there is really nowhere I can go to find out of new mechanics were added to ic2 crops. One guide I found said that they needed to be in direct sun light to grow, but I am growing them fine by torchlight.

Is there some way to get solid information or do people have to just post here. Is there anyone else here interested in updating the ic2 wiki with me? Or is it restricted to only certain people...?

• Actually I'm just looking for regular ic2 info. You're making a GT guide. GT info IMO is easier to get.

• Official Post

You get poisonous potatoes from leaving them too long.

GregTech info is arguably easier to get simply because IC2 on it's own is a rare thing now (still lots of fun though).

Crop info wise, there's some here, but it's just basic information: http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Crop_…g_%28IndustrialCraft_2%29

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

There is not much secret unless you want super powerful crops (high gain and growth stats).
    If you do, get a swamp biome, a 4 dirt deep farm (including the farmland) , height 128 and sunlight. That will provide your crops the best environment. It is also advised to use cropmatron with water (which is very cheap) for another boost.
    Crossbreeding crops is easy as you probably know. Not leaving empty (includes doublesticks) should keep weed away. Unless you have a plant with growth >24 or a venomilla with growth > 8 . Those will act like weeds (the venomilla does that on a certain stage, but still, weed at some point).