Seeking Some IC2 Experimental Help 2.2 -- FTB Monster

• So I've been poking around the forum and to be honest, I'm totally lost. :(

I've been fiddling around in IC2 for awhile and have made most of the machines, gens, etc but haven't taken the plunge into nuclear because, well, I have no idea HOW to! I watched some great videos from Direwolf but it seems his nuke video is on a different version as most of the components he used I couldn't even find poking around in creative.

I then went to the wiki and found data that said to use a uranium cell.... and... cant find that item in creative either.

I'm guessing I'm just not finding 2.2 info? So... looking for any good guides [videos or written] on how to get started with nuclear engineer in IC2!

Appreciate the help. :)

:Nuke TNT:

• According to http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Monster, FTB Monster uses build 2.0.397 of IndustrialCraft 2, so I'm a little confused that you're looking for 2.2 info. However, the basic item for a nuclear reactor is now called "Fuel Rod (Uranium)", and is similarly named in that build as well.

For a guide, I suggest you start with this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2yEQkjW0s8

For designs, you can look at this post: [Official] New Reactors design thread. (I didn't come up with those designs, but I provided codes for my newer reactor planner)

• Thanks MauveCloud

Ya that's weird. The exact mod name I show in the loader is:

Industrialcraft-2_2.0.397-experimental which... as I type it out... I realized my mistake! It's IC2 - 2.0.397 not IC2 2.2.0 :love:

I think that should get me going in the right direction now that I'm looking up the correct version!! I appreciate the links, will check them out right now!

Edit: I just realized you made the reactor planner! Very cool tool! I'm off to make either something cool or a giant crater. :Nuke TNT:

• Dumb quasi-related IC question. EU meter. Right click to start reading right? Mine doesn't do anything. :(

In happier news, got my first reactor up and running! Also learned quickly the stage at which uranium becomes lethal the hard way. Hazmat suit quickly followed. :)

:Nuke TNT: