[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• ya see that is where I feel I play hardcore, I want to mine my metals not grow them or breed bees to do so, I may breed the crops or bees to that level but only to say i did it or add a tiny piece to a large whole.

thanks for the suggestion though. I am actually thinking about drilling core samples randomly in the hills to find hidden veins with a BC mining well. But that's extreme measures for my play style.

I am a tunnel rat and explorer for resources. stone and gem pick axes all the way, till I can make an IC2 drill. I'd use GT drills if they didn't just die, replacing a drill head or battery is understandable, but trowing the whole drill away cause of a broken bit doesn't work for me.

• Those unhappy with the defaults can always use the config though.

The default should cater to the majority (semi-hardcore players) that would like pollution to affect things, but not drastically and any consequences should be remediable with a cost.

I'm not convinced this helps bear at all. His point (and its valid) is that not everyone wants or is able to wade through configurations. Its not always 100% enough to say "you can just config it."

Generally speaking, its a good enough solution for me that that's exactly what I'd say, but if even the GT home crowd finds it lacking and there are plausible alternatives, I'm open to adding more user-friendly options.

In this case, I might ask a user to open a config and change the GLOBAL_POLLUTION_IMPACT from "LOW" to "MEDIUM" or "HIGH" or something, rather than tweaking a bunch of settings individually.

I have apologize again but what do you call hardcore? making everything as hard and miserable on yourself as possible? I see hardcore GT as using it as implomented by Greg or now Ya'll. not using other mods to bypass mechanics and nerfs, or exploiting vanilla mechanics, like iron and gold farms, un-maned spawner traps, and so on.

I feel the same way. In a lot of areas you just can't do much about it. Some exploits are just universal and we try to pretend they don't exist.

One thing I'm constantly monitoring is areas where greg wasn't 100% perfect (it happens believe it or not) and there are now in-mod exploits. Another thing is extremely common cross-mod exploits.

Do I care what GT + RotaryCraft exploits exist? Nope. (Everything+RotaryCraft is an exploit.)
    Do I care about GT + Buildcraft? Yep, because these mods grew up together and their interactions happen an awful, awful lot. (And no, its not my overriding concern, just something I have to keep an eye on)

• I agree, but iirc the machine works on energy-per-time. To make it the same amount of eU per item, either the energy needs to drop, or the speed needs to increase. Often we can't make the energy drop due to tiering reasons, which leaves us with increasing the speed.

Than it could be done by two ways
    1. 4x time 4x energy by tier, but if time is less than 1 tick - it is = 1 tick.
    2. same, but it takes xN items from input and makes xN products to output every tick, where N = round(1/current process time).

Actually i don't think someone will make so high tier machines to have less-than-one-tick production speed. Even 1 per tick is much more than needed. So MV/HV should be enough for most reсipes. Except may be scanner/replicator.

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

http://sapientmail.wixsite.com/minecraft

• Than it could be done by two ways
    1. 4x time 4x energy by tier, but if time is less than 1 tick - it is = 1 tick.
    2. same, but it takes xN items from input and makes xN products to output every tick, where N = round(1/current process time).

Actually i don't think someone will make so high tier machines to have less-than-one-tick production speed. Even 1 per tick is much more than needed. So MV/HV should be enough for most reсipes. Except may be scanner/replicator.

If you can get everyone to agree that quadrupling the speed of each machine per tier is kosher I'll do that. (You won't :p)

• If you can get everyone to agree that quadrupling the speed of each machine per tier is kosher I'll do that. (You won't :p)

It could be added just as option in config, so everyone can choose.

Ideal Industrial Assembly (IIA) - my pretty hard industrial modpack based on GT5.09

Идеальная Индустриальная Сборка (ИИС) - довольно сложный сугубо индустриальный модпак, базирующийся на GT5.09

• Official Post

If you can get everyone to agree that quadrupling the speed of each machine per tier is kosher I'll do that. (You won't :p)

I'd be the first to be against that :P
    an IV machine being 256 times faster than a LV one (and not cost an extra EU per item processed) seems a bit tad powerful.
    I'm fine with something around 8 to 36 times faster though.

• If you can get everyone to agree that quadrupling the speed of each machine per tier is kosher I'll do that. (You won't :p)

I certainly will not remove the mechanic that higher tiers need more energy per items. 2x Energy per item is quite harsh, but less than 30-50% per tier is something i never would do. Also not as config but that mainly because of the exteme amount of work needed to do that.
    The reason why i will not do that? Because it would invalidate a huge part of GT, namely all transforming beween different voltage tiers... If higher tiers would be the same or better efficiency, you would only build the highest tier machines and remove the low tier ones. The whole base would become one, at best two voltage tier/s and that would be simply booring...

• The reason why i will not do that? Because it would invalidate a huge part of GT, namely all transforming beween different voltage tiers... If higher tiers would be the same or better efficiency, you would only build the highest tier machines and remove the low tier ones. The whole base would become one, at best two voltage tier/s and that would be simply booring...

Devil's advocate: fwiw, even Greg's thinking twice about this :p

It doesn't really make a lot of sense to keep ancient technology kicking around in your base just for diversity. If I make a better toaster, I should just recycle the old toaster's parts and move on.

Our mission, if we choose to accept it, is to ensure even with just a couple tiers that its NOT boring!

• Weird.
    Going by the numbers I posted several pages ago, if I provide 4500 mb/s HC, I'd expect to get 4500 / 2 * 20 = 45000 mb/S of SHS.

I'll be home in 6 hours, I'll have to test it again. :\

How are you getting your numbers-per-second?
    When you mouse-over the steam in the gui of the output hatch, what value do you see in the tooltip?

I'm using fluid regulators on the LHE HC input and steam outputs. I'm monitoring by liking at the hatch capacity or fluid regulator capacity while pulling a constant amount of steam.

• but less than 30-50% per tier is something i never would do

i'm agree with 50%
    So LV recipe on HV machine will be 4x faster and require 2.25x more energy per item. It would be the reason to upgrade everything, except ore processing arrays.

• I'm using fluid regulators on the LHE HC input and steam outputs. I'm monitoring by liking at the hatch capacity or fluid regulator capacity while pulling a constant amount of steam.

Can you answer the second part of my question about the value in the tooltip please?

• The reason why i will not do that? Because it would invalidate a huge part of GT, namely all transforming beween different voltage tiers... If higher tiers would be the same or better efficiency, you would only build the highest tier machines and remove the low tier ones. The whole base would become one, at best two voltage tier/s and that would be simply booring...

What? How is that a bad thing?
    Shouldn't we be playing to progress in the game? If I can afford to change all my machines to the highest tier, I should be able to.
    The transformers are still needed while you're progressing, but to downgrade and spam multiple lv machines in name of efficiency, is what I find extremely boring...

• is it inappropriate to ask for the gravel, and sand small ores in GT6 be added to GT5u? combing the desert for tiny amounts would be better than nothing at all. Tin can just be such a pain in the ass early on, or even adding the option to use zinc wires in LV machine recipes. I have played GT5 through to HV+ at least 5 times, and except for getting lucky once, I always fight for tin early on.

If I am just a unlucky minority then, ignore this request.

• Can you answer the second part of my question about the value in the tooltip please?

I can't right now because I'm at work but I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for. I lower the HC input until I see the SHS output hatches dropping in capacity then I increase grew HC input until the SHS output hatch stays at the same capacity (meaning exactly 60 B/s are being produced).

• is it inappropriate to ask for the gravel, and sand small ores in GT6 be added to GT5u? combing the desert for tiny amounts would be better than nothing at all. Tin can just be such a pain in the ass early on, or even adding the option to use zinc wires in LV machine recipes. I have played GT5 through to HV+ at least 5 times, and except for getting lucky once, I always fight for tin early on.

If I am just a unlucky minority then, ignore this request.

Yes, I know how you feel.
    I started to play with Thaumcraft because how hard was to find tin.
    But then, I ended find a lot before even getting into alchemy.
    On my world, there's a huge vein even on the END, just to annoy me...

• I can't right now because I'm at work but I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for. I lower the HC input until I see the SHS output hatches dropping in capacity then I increase grew HC input until the SHS output hatch stays at the same capacity (meaning exactly 60 B/s are being produced).

Oh, got it dude, me too.

Lemme clarify: if you open the output hatch of the LHE (where steam comes out) you can mouseover the pretty steam texture on the black screen. While its running you don't usually see the steam itself (unless the hatch is backed up) but you can still mouseover where its supposed to be.

You'll see a number in the tooltip: that number is the steam output per tick. When you have a moment, as a troubleshooting measure, I'd love to know what that number is.

On my world, there's a huge vein even on the END, just to annoy me...

In every world I've played, for some reason the End is always absolutely filthy with Tin. Its everywhere. If there's 5 oreveins on the main island, 4 of them will be made of Tin.

Infitech2 though, with mods that modify the end: YMMV.

• Its handy, yep.

I should clarify: technically its the "amount of liquid in the hatch" you're seeing, but since the hatch gets emptied every tick, unless its backed up, it amounts to the same thing.