Posts by Blood Asp

GT5.09.31 Changelog

Now available on OneDrive or Curse

*Oil Refining Upgrade:

*Rebalanced Oil Cracking.

*Destillation Tower has now variable size from 4-12 blocks high. Recipes output up to 11 fluids.

*Nitro Disel renamed to Cetane Boosted Fuel. Now made with Tetranitromethane instead of Glyceryl Trinirate.

*Two new rubber types(Silicone Rubber and Styrene-Butadiene rubber).

*New Rubbers nessary for IV+ cables.

*Addition of BioDiesel made from Seed or Fish oil.

*Pyrometallurgy update:

*Advanced processing recipes for processing dusts in Blast Furnace.

*Higher metal outputs possible with more work.

*Eventually more byproducts.

*Crushed ores and dusts smelting output changed.

*Circuit/Chemistry Update rebalancings:

*General cost reduction for circutis.

*Circuit Boards from Epoxy moved up one tier but stays nessary after that.

*Added new Plastic circuit board in place of old epoxy board.

*Cheaper Vacuum Freezer.

*More Niobium sources(As it is now used a lot in endgame).

*More choices for chemical processing recipes cell usage.

*Cheaper recipes in assembler for first circuits.

*Assembly Machines now have 6 inputs too.

*Cleanroom can be disabled in Config.

*New Bricked Blast Furnace as alternative for Bronze Blast Furnace.

*Assembly Line Recipes can now be seen in NEI after they got reseached and unlocked as achievement.

*Bugfixes on Underground oil and Pollution saving.

*Additional Pollution Effects.

*Assembly lines now can have Data Access Hatches that store multiple recipes in Data Sticks.

*Addition of Item Distributor. Can split up items evenly on all output sides.

*Rebalancing of Chemical Recipes from .30 update.

*Addition of single block LV and MV miners.

*Coloring fix on pyrolysis oven.

*Addition of new ZPM and UV Batteries. Recipes must be enabled in OPConfig.

*Addition of MK II and III Oil Drills.

*Pyrolyse oven can now be made with all coils and speed scales according to coil tier.

*New Itempipes(Tin, Nickel,Cobalt, Aluminium)

*Fix oregen not being constistent with identical world seeds.

*Changed recipe for Fluid Canner.

*Patch for AE2 Energy Tunnel to transfer GT EU. (Default off, has to be enabled in config).

*Made some Assembly line recipes cheaper(needs datasticks to be remade).

*Fixed reusage of Datasticks sometimes breaking Assemblyline recipes.

*Fix Cheese/Dough recipe mixups.

*Fix adv circuit achievement.

*Removed not worldgen GT ores from MFR Laser Drill(with config).

Update GT 5.09.30

It seems i can no longer upload ~9MB big jars to the forum, so DL only on OneDrive or Curse.

Changelog:

Cables and Pipes now have hitboxes fitting their visual size.
    Cables and Pipes can be hidden for better view by holding a soldering iron.
    Changed Oregeneration to prevent worldgenloops in combination with other mods. This causes the orevein type to change when recreating the world with same seed.
    IC2 Reactor vents can again used as covers. Vent covers now speed up machine processing by 1-3%.
    Pollution is now visible as fog.
    Fix hiding of ores in NEI(might need to reset NEI cache) to show.
    Fix prospecting with hammer not working for marble and basalt.
    DataOrb and DataStick are no longer circuits. Replacement added.
    Port of GT6 timber function.
    Attempted fix for fluids no longer getting accepted by machines if mods added after world creation changed the fluid map.
    Fix reinforced stone not preventing monsterspawn.
    Added config to disable cleanroom.
    Fix IC2 Classic compatibility.
    Made many more lines translateable.
    Improved Transformer information on modechange.
    Large boiler speed can now be controlled like large heat exchanger.
    Large boiler fuel list added to nei.
    Improved pollution tooltips.
    Improved EBF and Diesel Engine tooltips.
    Fix issues on recipe search of multiblocks involving fluids.
    Added config to allow fully automated maintenance.
    Multiple fixes for the modular armor.
    Wireless redstone reciver(internal) now counts as machine controller.
    Multiple spelling fixes.
    Fix MicrowaveTransmitter and Teleporter incorrectly loading.
    Fix Compressed meteoric iron recipe(GC).
    Casings/reinforced stone now transfer strong redstone signals.
    Cleanroom controller outputs now redstone signal depending on cleanness.

You have an friendlist in that mod that allows you sharing claimed chunks. I think you also can allow all to work in your claimed chunks.

Overall FTB Utilities gives many management functions that help with servermanagement, so absolutly recommended.

Certainly PFAA can be modified but that will be quite some work and as stated above, i try to keep thinks simple. I think it can be made to work, but expect hours of tweaking. BetterGeo does not sound compatible with GT. At last testing required.

We had PFAA in the first GT5 Kirara. Was that Kirara 2.0?

There we had real issues to get enough materials. Lapis was really bad, redstone also quite limited. So adding that it would be nessary to tweak it quite a bit. I think we scrapped it back then once we opened the seperate worlds.

I think there we had PFAA and Underground bimoes together but with an complex block replacement script that was so slow it was nessary to pregen the whole world.

So i disagree with PFAA. Bad experience with it.

Railcraft was mainly to bring it up to discussion, but the more i think about it the more i disagree with my own idea. :P

Another thing: Can we please change that everyone has to load the mods by themself? I know it is a good noob prevention, but thats the server difficulty, whitelist and at last setting up the client manually too. Pretty sure there were a few that stopped playing when they had to download manually a dozen mods for the 3rd time a week.

Maybe setup a Github project to manage config and script changes better?

/Edit:

Also, how about adding FTB Utilities for chunkloading and Server management?

I had a talk with keda on IRC yesterday and will now write down my idea about changes. Personally i prefer to keep it to keep making the pack less work to set up and cut some corners.

GT New Horizons pack is a nice and extremely hard pack, but it is difficult to change because of its high integration. So if it is not used with at best minor changes, it is a bad idea to base a selfmade pack on it.

So my idea would be to base the new pack on the current, remove some mods and add new:

Remove:

Thaumcraft + addons

Twilight Forest

IHL

Gendustry

ATG (replace with RWG or use vanilla)

Railcraft (seriusly, who used more of it than coke oven and boiler?)

Galacticraft (I really like it, but not worth the work. Only few used it in the earlier kirara servers)

OpenComputers+Computronics (Saw it used only really little. Would clean up the pack a lot but open to discussion)

Underground biomes (Worldgenlag)

Changes:

Set Oregen to default.

Disable some BoP Biomes so you have a chance to find these you look for.

Add:

mob + dungeon mods

Archs mod propertys script was, if i remember right, that monsters got stronger with more distance from spawn and had more/better drops.

Hardcore darkness (quite evil and maybe too much, but i like the idea)

Some tech additions i used in my own pack: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/industry-gigant and could be used in the new Kirara.

Rotarycraft + Reactorcraft (integrated into GT progression, starts at GT MV tier, ReC at GT LuV tier + fusion tech)

Magneticraft (strip off almost all recipes and use their multiblocks to replace some GT oreprocessing machines)

Immersive Engineering ( Would need more balancing work, but certainly looks nice in a tech pack)

Tinkers Construct ( I moved all Furnace smelting recipes into the TiC smeltery, Tools either completely or partly disabled )

Ideas:

Playertown? We had some failed tries so far but how about we think of some ways to make it work?

For example some things you only get when building in the town? Some stuff that can only be produced within the town borders?

Also, how about moving communication to Discord? Only few can still be confinced to join IRC...

There is no GTExtras in Infitech 2, to be exact, some GTExtras features where merged into GT5U, including the modular armor.

That was enabled in a recent GT5 update so i get testers for bugs, but the number of bugs seems to huge that it is not reasonable usable currently. I actually coding right now to fix some of the bugs.

Lost items in multiblocks are gone forever.

Also, the forestry soldering iron does not help you. you need the GT soldering iron with at last 10.000EU and some soldering material in your inventory.

Soldering materials are tin, lead or soldering alloy in ingot, rod or fine wire form.

Edit: No making stuff cheaper/easier. It works fine without cheating. Making a Soldering Iron works fine with LV machines. The alternative would be to feed the EBF with 5-6 Amp instead of 4 directly. One second of too little steam and material is lost even without any maintainance issues.

My personal favorite for LV EBF. 3 Energy hatches <- 8x cable <-9x battery buffer with 8 batteries <- steam turbines.