Better Debug Tool

• Official Post

For testing when the supply of EU is irrelevant, the debug tool is great. It isn't however the most useful tool when it comes to more obscure things like crops and brewing, where documenting is still rather hard, as information is based off mostly random events for crops, and brewing it seems no one has looked at in any depth since 1.2.5 (not that I expect it to have changed either though :P). It'd be nice if the debug tool had information for what growth stage a crop was on, as well as what type it is, and potentially things like hydration and nutrient value of the soil and air quality, along with more information on booze barrels as they ferment, like the hops/reeds-wheat-water ratio, what it would currently produce, and how long until it changes to the next thing (if it can). Wiki wise having a way of telling a block's hardness/resistance would be nice too.

These wouldn't be all that useful if they piled on top of the current debug output, so I'd suggest another mode (switching with mode switch key and rightclick most likely) which would output the crop/brewing information, and a third one for the hardness/resistance of the right clicked block.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

I don't care much how it's added, I just want it :P The crop stuff was pretty much based off the GT scanner though. The brewing stuff on the otherhand is new

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

It would be really interesting to be able to do crops and brewing with accurate information for each crop stick/barrel, although we'd have to hide it from Alblaka :P

I see this too much.

• Official Post

My opinion is that we shouldn't hold back because of him.
    Sure, on that time that it was new it might be good, but nowadays its just a feature that is being wasted because of lack of information.
    I myself know absolutely nothing about brewing, for example.

• Official Post

I know about brewing, but most of it is patchy as it takes too long to reliably test. And no, holding back for him is pointless, IC2 has changed alot since 1.3.2 which was about when things were last added by him, so I guess it's time to modernise/update the remaining old things just a little.

I see this too much.

• I know about brewing, but most of it is patchy as it takes too long to reliably test. And no, holding back for him is pointless, IC2 has changed alot since 1.3.2 which was about when things were last added by him, so I guess it's time to modernise/update the remaining old things just a little.

imho if he is not a active modder here then he does not have a right to complain new things were added to make what he made better/more accessable but not "easier"