Suggestions for me (Modder)

• Hi guys!
    So recently I got into programming Java and thought of my favorite mod, that being of IC2, no less. And I thought I could expand it a bit with my own machines and items. It wouldn't be anything on the level of gregtech, but I have no idea what I want to make.

So I ask, what should I make? Any ideas?
    I'll be digging through the rest of the suggestion thread for inspiration.
    Thanks guys!

• Official Post

Spwn/Greg/Who ever, addon discussion thread maybe?

I'd really like something that made brewing easier, maybe a machine that could be used to read what a booze barrel currently has in it, and how long it has until it changes onto the next type (if it can). An upgraded magnetiser would be cool too to allow you to ride more than 10 iron fences at once, and potentially an upgraded electrolyser to make using one actually worth while.

Do you have any specific theme preferences, or are suggestions like those ok?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Moved to addon discussion.

Well, theres dozens and dozens of unused suggestions (also many on the archive).
    Reading a few of them might bring you some idea that you may like.

One thing I'd like to see is one of my own suggestions, nano biological augments, like deus-ex machina.
    I also agree with chocohead's suggestion about the magnetizer. Maybe an advanced teleporter that does one-way traveling, a magnetizer that allows us to transport items, the possibilities are endless.

• IC2 Pipes! simple non complex.. normal pipes!!

should act like electric wires ( connect on all 5 sides output or input don't need to choose.. but might have a upgrade option to limit? )

should take on the color of the fluid flowing through !

more advanced piped have more "pipes" so they can push in 1 fluid and push out one fluid

IE think of a fermenter push in biomass and push out biogas and have water for the canning machine?

• after finding out about forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?form=PostAdd&threadID=11510 pressure pipes i would say what i would love to see is a force field/door system!

it would only use power when someone passes through or it pushes them back!

it can be a "wall" or sphere! ( so a base one and a door type)

it would use EU/t slowly to maintain and protect against blasting! but only use alot when rejecting.. it would idealy push people back!

• We already have a force field mod [Addon IC2_exp] Advanced Repulsion Systems and the latest version still works
    What iI would like to suggest is ICBMs with nuclear, tnt, thermal aka lava and even chemical warheads and any other type you want like the old rocket science addon since rocket science 3 doest have any rockets.

• An idea for an IC2 addon can be based on a specific theme. For example, ore processing, machines, EU generation, mobs, inventory. If you think about a specific theme, you will have so many ideas, and create an addon will become easy. :Generator: :Geothermal Generator: :Water Mill: :Wind Mill: :Batbox: :Glass Fibre: :Macerator: :Tesla Coil: MinecraftCreeper MinecraftSkeleton MinecraftZombie
    (I'm brazilian, with a bad english)