Energy Net improvements

• This whole thread is talking about improving the e-net (Preferably for the most current version), considering that many features had to be disabled because of complications of the mod
    for example, cables not working at all, things randomly blowing up, cables getting fried for no apparent reason.
    I'm only suggesting a few harmless additions to the e-net so provide those mechanics without adversely affecting gameplay.

But first, when I say "channels" I don't mean that cables have individual routes on each cable. a "cluster" of cables is calculated as one process, or a channel, with emitters and recievers. There won't be multiple "packets" going along one line. Instead, every emitter sends as much as it can, split between them, to reach the cable's limit.
    There also won't be any "fried" cables in this, only a physical limit to the amount of current allowed. This is to ease the difficulty of learning a new power system.

It isn't perfect, but it's a step to fix it

• Official Post

Things never randomly exploded/fried, it was just people weren't use to packets adding rather than going through in parallel. Although it wasn't added back quickly the same reason the EU-Reader was broken.

Ideally though we don't want temporary solutions, Player appears strapped enough for time already.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I understood right what you meant with channels. But the powerlos would 9x per clustercable and with that you have even with the weakest wire a really high powerloss. Which makes it useless.
    Also it could only provide 9x more energy...

Chocohead
    That the EU reader/EU detectorcable was broke was not a bug.
    The simply did not add the Function in the E-net.
    Without calculating something the said aways 0 no matter what...

One of my reasons to switch...

• Official Post

That the EU reader/EU detectorcable was broke was not a bug.
    The simply did not add the Function in the E-net.

That sounds a lot like a bug to me.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• For all who still look at this thread.
    I figured out that the current Enet from Exp has a limit. You can not make long wires and send Energy through them Without start lagging your world...
    I am talking by the way not about 200 wires or something in that small thing. If you reach 1k-2k wires or higher (i did 6k wires in my testworld) and run energy through them you will cause a insane lag.
    When i plugged in the energy to this amount of wires (6k) then the world did not react anymore... (It took 2 minutes to notify the game that i actually broke the connection) and after that he nodest i gave in the TPS command and i had 900ms Meantime...

• Official Post

This thread was really never about scale but about it working at all, but it's old enough anyway so meh.

I'd rather the E-net lag and be clunky with having 6000 node objects but work nice and instantly with small sizes than sacrificing what it does purely for a hypothetical setup. But I've no idea how Player's magic works so it might be expandable for silly sizes.

I see this too much.

• Well It tells me something Chocohead. This mod is simply build for None long living servers with not much people on it or singleplayer worlds... If you have servers with a lot of players and IC2 As a most used PowerSource you reach really easy and fast a high amount of Enet Parts. Which means that you are not able to use it really...
    But i would like it more then a system can be used at any size and cause not much lag (in a constant time)

• Official Post

There's a huge difference between 6000 cables all connected together and 6000 cables spread about across the map, in groups of 100 connected cables like a server would most likely have.

I see this too much.

• With classic you would be right Chocohead. But Exp it is a little differend...
    Exp process every cable by itself sending the energy manually step by step over (comparing: Like BC Pipes but without the EnergyLoop thingy)
    So it does not matter if they are split to 6k in 1 thing or 6k in 60things because no matter what it will be still 6k calculations per tick

• We're now two years with a core part of the mod broken.

Has the prospect of reverting to the classic energy net been considered?

• We're now two years with a core part of the mod broken.

Has the prospect of reverting to the classic energy net been considered?

If you want the classic energy net then try uncomplication or IC2 Classic (depends on how drasticly you want to go):

Uncomplication: [Addon][1.7.10] Uncomplication, IC2Classic E-Net, IC2Classic Recipes, Old UUMatter... And all of that for IC2Exp.
    IC2 Classic: (Not Exactly an Addon)IC2 Classic Experimental (MC 1.6.4 & MC 1.7.10)

Little note: Uncomplication uses the IC2 Classic energyNet. (It is implemented into it)

• Thanks! Uncomplication seems like exactly what I want, especially since I don't need to use the simpler recipes.