Suggestion: End game machines

• Name: lasers, gas, and plasma oh my!

Describtion: We need some more end game IC machines, I presently have a HV system spanning 1000+ blocks delivering power from a network of wind, solar, nuclear and water reactors (I actually built 3 water towers, they look cool.) and storing power in 9 MFSU's with diamond to spare. At this point I have a constant supply of power to anything and I'm sure I'm not alone, I want something to use it on.

Even something as simple as flashy arcs of lightning on some building, or a laser that consumes tons of power, maybe a new type of furnace, the plasma furnace, smelts 4x as fast as the electro-furnace but requires a constant feed of power, otherwise it has a long warm up sequence you have to wait through prior to using it. maybe new gaseous resources requiring a gas harvester to extract from the air. Different things could be found at different levels, but the harvesters would require constant power and return relatively low yields. Near bedrock Halogen vapor could be rarely collected for things like chemically treated advanced alloy plates, or chemically treated iron, higher up from general underground space to about 30 above surface level nothing should really be found except hydrogen, whose only real purpose is to either be burned raw for fuel or mixed with compressed coal for a more potent fuel. Any higher and Helium starts showing up for use in crafting the plasma furnace or powering a laser. A laser shined on a solar panel should return roughly 90% of the energy put into it.

4xGas canisters
    T = tin
    A = Advanced alloy

T A T
    T _ T
    T T T

Gas Harvester
    E = extractor
    F = fiber mesh (filter)
    M = mining pipe
    C = circuit
    W = wire
    X = empty canister

F C F
    M X M
    E W E

Laser
    D = diamond
    E = energy crystal
    L = luminator
    R = reinforced stone

R L L
    D E E
    R L L

Uses for chemically treated Advanced alloy:
    Make Reinforced stone+ / glassx8 instead of x6
    glass with higher yields 1:8 and reinforced stone with a new darker appearance
    Could replace Reinforced stone in the laser blueprint.

• Addition: If you're going to get an electrical arc machine, one should probably integrate the arc into the Tesla Coil. (which, btw, is so fun!) Also, making the electrical Jacob's Ladder (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR7gDxeUeEY see 2:25) would also be really neat as an electric fence sort of thing, or just for decoration and power consumption.

• Love all these ideas. I'd like my power plant to look like something more than a medieval castle with
    a microwave inside. Most players care a ton about functionality, and very little about aesthetics, which is sad when
    minecraft has so much potential for beauty.

Give us cool looking stuff! 8)

• If there was some sort of liquid plasma that flowed from some uber-machine that ate a bunch of EU/s then I could finally build my Tron-esque city with that and obsidian.

Lasers are cool too though.

• I also feel lack of endgame applications. i even installed millenaire with sole reason to have something to use ic powers for :)

So, my ideas of Epic Stuff are mostly related to space

1. Artificial Sun.
    2. Space rocket, taking player to another world. "Other world" can be generated same as standard, but with heavy tweaking of parameters different proabability of minerals and biomes, different lengths for days and nights, different sky, etc.
    3. Player is making a settlement for settlers from another planet. kind of millenaire, except player do all himself, and settlers are spawning and despawning just like mobs, so they do not hog cpu, like millenaire, and player can decide what form buildings are (with some limitations). As a "rent", player get "space credits" that can be used to buy things, unavailable otherwise.

• Official Post

I also feel lack of endgame applications. i even installed millenaire with sole reason to have something to use ic powers for :)

So, my ideas of Epic Stuff are mostly related to space

1. Artificial Sun.
    2. Space rocket, taking player to another world. "Other world" can be generated same as standard, but with heavy tweaking of parameters different proabability of minerals and biomes, different lengths for days and nights, different sky, etc.
    3. Player is making a settlement for settlers from another planet. kind of millenaire, except player do all himself, and settlers are spawning and despawning just like mobs, so they do not hog cpu, like millenaire, and player can decide what form buildings are (with some limitations). As a "rent", player get "space credits" that can be used to buy things, unavailable otherwise.

This ideas are entirely off. Seriously.

@Original idea:
    Now, with all practicla limits removed, i will gladly add a new "Super"Furnace with the ideas you mentioned... love the warm-up idea.