[Question] Crop Helper

• Do you want a Crop Helper that tell you what kind of Crops are the best combination for the crop you are searching for? 10

1. Yes, (8) 80%
    2. No, (1) 10%
    3. Something else (comment) (1) 10%

A simple question. IC2 Crops are kind of hard if you do not know what todo.

what i would like to know if you want to have a indikator how to breed crops? What kombination of Crops get the best result for another crop?

Note: It is not possible to make 100% Result chance. But at least you can tell which combination is the best for what are you searching for...

Let a vote here and if you want to give ideas, leave a comment.

• Official Post

Surely if the crops are added properly using the API it would be able to read them, unless the NEI plugin directly hacked into IC2 to read the crop information.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• but I think it should be something research-based, so you would, for example, have a machine called analyzer or something that figures out the crop DNA, consuming it, and you'd have to do that quite often to fully figure out the DNA, and you can figure out the mutation chances of crops you have the genome of. genomes you don't know completely might work,too, but the values are of, the less of the genome you know, the more they are of.

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• but I think it should be something research-based, so you would, for example, have a machine called analyzer or something that figures out the crop DNA, consuming it, and you'd have to do that quite often to fully figure out the DNA, and you can figure out the mutation chances of crops you have the genome of. genomes you don't know completely might work,too, but the values are of, the less of the genome you know, the more they are of.

How should that works with crops you do not know? But wanted to have... (I mean you never discovered it but know it)

Edit: Also that would add a Server Requirement. Since if you play on a Server the server tells the Client how much he did already Research and stuff... So that removes the point of that thing... It should be a Helper tool not a additional mod...
    Also you can compare the atributes in the CropAnalizer to make that acutally happen.

• Should a plugin like that also tell what special requirements the Crop has. (Like Light level and co..)?
    Or should that be dissableable by a config? (Automaticly active or deactive?)

• Official Post

Special requirements should be shown in my opinion. Whoever is using the addon is already seeking for crop information, giving him such info is a good thing.

-----

Someday I'll convince an ic dev to add a cacti crop (that does not like high hydration).

• Special requirements should be shown in my opinion. Whoever is using the addon is already seeking for crop information, giving him such info is a good thing.

-----

Someday I'll convince an ic dev to add a cacti crop (that does not like high hydration).

Classic gains that soon. Maybe tomorrow since i started adding already mushrooms to the CropList... (Whch exp has already)

Well i think a config should be the best solution... Everybody can choose by themselves then...

• How should that works with crops you do not know? But wanted to have... (I mean you never discovered it but know it)

Edit: Also that would add a Server Requirement. Since if you play on a Server the server tells the Client how much he did already Research and stuff... So that removes the point of that thing... It should be a Helper tool not a additional mod...
    Also you can compare the atributes in the CropAnalizer to make that acutally happen.

uhm.. i thought this was supposed to either be integrated into IC² exp or classic. and what i meant was: you analyze crops, you learn genome, the tool tells you breeding chances for different crops for a crossbreed pair of your chosing.

EDIT: typo

Native language german, please point out mistakes to me. forget it, my english is better than that of a good deal of people on the forums anyway.

IC Related Quotes thread. If you ever need some good puns.

• Nope the idea was a NeiPlugin like Chocohead did say... How that will be layed out, no clue yet ^^" But you guys gave me a couple ideas what should be inside...
    Please more brainstorm xD That helps out a lot...

• SpawnX did suggest that it also should have an internal Breeding tester... (Simply you say which crops you want to combine and then it shows you the results) what do you guys think about that idea?