Reactor-Cable interactions?

• So, from reading on here I've found that the best (stability wise) way to make a reactor is through heat generation, however it seems as though I'm simply not bright enough to do that. So, I'm using a normal reactor setup as I'm in creative just trying to power a set of terraformers to make the job go quicker. It seems as though I can't connect any of the IC2 cables to the reactor. Am I missing something? In my older version of IC2 I was able to do this. I'm currently running build 733.

• Can you add/link a pic of your setup?

Fwiw, the new reactors are superior in terms of efficiency rather than stability. If anything, the new reactors are less stable (they're prone to more problems if you're not paying attention to your setup)

• This is the reactor from a side shot. It's essentially a heat reactor w/o the last pressure valve on it. I would be surrounding it in two layers of reinforced stone. 1 reactor, 6 reactor chambers. I have uranium, coolant cells, and vents on the inside of it. When I flip the lever on the redstone port it's generating 520eu/t but I can't connect any cables to it for it to actually transmit power to the MFSU.

• The redstone port is apparently like many blocks that will "transmit" a redstone signal. So the signal is reaching the reactor. You can test this by moving the redstone port one block to the left: I bet it won't power the reactor any more, even though hypothetically its a valid place for the port in the 5x5 multiblock.

However in all other respects, that is not a real multiblock. You won't be able to connect any infrastructure to the outside blocks and expect it to interract with the reactor. You'll need to (like SpwnX suggests) get rid of all the Pressure Vessel blocks and interact with the reactor directly.

• Official Post

You can test this by moving the redstone port one block to the left: I bet it won't power the reactor any more, even though hypothetically its a valid place for the port in the 5x5 multiblock.

Wrong, it does. You can put it anywhere apart from the outer frame. And even then you can put it there, it just doesn't do anything..

I tried replicating your bug, but the cables connect every time from any side. Don't remember anything happening in terms of cabling and reactors from 733 to 758 either.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Should warn you there's quite a few fluid regulator crashes with builds 752+.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• That did fix it. Now updated to 758.

Should warn you there's quite a few fluid regulator crashes with builds 752+.

I don't know what that means so I'm going to assume I haven't gotten that far into the mod yet.

• Official Post

Doesn't matter now anyway, it's been fixed in 759.

I see this too much.

• Wrong, it does. You can put it anywhere apart from the outer frame. And even then you can put it there, it just doesn't do anything..

You're telling me that if the multlblock is broken, the redstone ports will still work anywhere in the 3x3 pressure vessel wall? Because that's what I'm referring to in his image.

• Official Post

You're telling me that if the multlblock is broken, the redstone ports will still work anywhere in the 3x3 pressure vessel wall? Because that's what I'm referring to in his image.

Just because something is a valid place in the multiblock, if the multiblock itself isn't completely build then it won't do anything (unless of course you're affecting it externally anyway like with redstone). I just presumed that the hole in the wall was to show that it had a reactor inside and not how it was being used.

I see this too much.

• That is correct, it was to show the reactor inside. I would've only had 1 pressure valve removed instead of the chunk that I removed for photo purposes.
    Also, as an aside. I believe this is a bit of a bug, but it seems to have only been for me? It happened to me again, but I simply had to restart my world. Once I placed the full multiblock around the reactor and got the HU GUI up, I removed one block to place a cable, and it didn't connect again. Taking away the multiblock did not help. I restarted my world, placed a multiblock WITHOUT completing it fully and I was able to connect cables. Should I post this somewhere or...?

• Just because something is a valid place in the multiblock, if the multiblock itself isn't completely build then it won't do anything (unless of course you're affecting it externally anyway like with redstone). I just presumed that the hole in the wall was to show that it had a reactor inside and not how it was being used.

Ok good, I wasn't wrong. Just a miscommunication. I get how the multiblocks work :)

Now I'm confused for a different reason as it sounds like he's forming the multiblock but trying to use it as a passive (non-fluid) reactor. But this is on me just for not following what's going on.

• Pretty much, yeah. I guess simply for an extra layer of protection as well as the 2 layers of reinforced stone that I put around it.