The work of a real engineer

• Simply: the engineer is the bridge between science and the <<villagers needs>> and it's quality of life, so if engineering is the creative application of scientific principles used to plan, build, direct, guide, manage, or work on systems to maintain and improve our daily live and improve the life of the <<villagers>>, why IC2 doesn't interact in this form with the villagers?, why don't to develop a economic corridor between <<villages>> and satisfy they're needs, like ... build more houses, copper's demand or energetic demand for example? It's justa suggestion :P

• Official Post

Sounds a lot like something Millienaire does, just it uses vanilla and it's own items.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• It kinda is, well the major differnece is that the villagers in millenaire can develop by themselves up to a certain level, after which they may require materials they can't get on their own so they buy from the player. So even if the player decides to help one village and forget about the other, they won't be stuck at the dirt house stage, they just won't reach their full potential. Also they don't have energetic needs or their equivalent, they sustain themselves, but this is mainly because they don't require food to survive, it just helps, so the player can grief the farms, they don't go hungry over it, this is intended so the player can't kill or harm them without directly attacking them (so he gets the bad reputation for doing so when he does). If I understood correctly you want to trade with them at a higher level than what can be done at the moment, or at least provide them with power (and I suppose they will cough up the payment one way or another). I also came across this idea when I found new ways to generate power, but didn't quite know what to do with it. I thought I'd make a big room full of mass fabricators, but after plenty of time I'd have all the iridium I need for my items and then what? So the only long term solution I could think of, that also included the part where I tap natural resources for my own gain with maximum (or just acceptable) efficiency, was to build a town, empty as it will be since I'm in singleplayer, a town in which lights will be almost always on, full of nice buildings and functional stuff. At least it's something.
    Sorry for the long post, here's a canned potato :Tin Can:

• It kinda is, well the major differnece is that the villagers in millenaire can develop by themselves up to a certain level, after which they may require materials they can't get on their own so they buy from the player. So even if the player decides to help one village and forget about the other, they won't be stuck at the dirt house stage, they just won't reach their full potential. Also they don't have energetic needs or their equivalent, they sustain themselves, but this is mainly because they don't require food to survive, it just helps, so the player can grief the farms, they don't go hungry over it, this is intended so the player can't kill or harm them without directly attacking them (so he gets the bad reputation for doing so when he does). If I understood correctly you want to trade with them at a higher level than what can be done at the moment, or at least provide them with power (and I suppose they will cough up the payment one way or another). I also came across this idea when I found new ways to generate power, but didn't quite know what to do with it. I thought I'd make a big room full of mass fabricators, but after plenty of time I'd have all the iridium I need for my items and then what? So the only long term solution I could think of, that also included the part where I tap natural resources for my own gain with maximum (or just acceptable) efficiency, was to build a town, empty as it will be since I'm in singleplayer, a town in which lights will be almost always on, full of nice buildings and functional stuff. At least it's something.
    Sorry for the long post, here's a canned potato :Tin Can:

Almost there!!, well my idea was: that the villagers trade with us for services; like water, energy and food (even if they don't need it), give them light for the darkest night, boost their agriculture techniques ,improve their villager stile of life, i.e contort the village and transform into a city, comunicate their cities and rise their population, make a solid economic sytem based in the technology and science (sound like AOE, but it isn't) and make industrial credit the currency for this ideas.

unitary operations is the key for comprise another ideas... mini-games for distillation i.e Mccabe-Thile like diagrams and expand the set of liquids and it combinations ( I know buildcraft "distill", or something like that I guess, but hell this is true engeeniring), chemical reactor ( PFR or CSTR), desing of tanks, drums or equipment, service engineering, process engineering, dinamic and control... but again this is only a simple suggestion :Generator:

• Official Post

Almost there!!, well my idea was: that the villagers trade with us for services; like water, energy and food (even if they don't need it), give them light for the darkest night, boost their agriculture techniques ,improve their villager stile of life, i.e contort the village and transform into a city, comunicate their cities and rise their population, make a solid economic sytem based in the technology and science (sound like AOE, but it isn't) and make industrial credit the currency for this ideas.

That is really just Millienaire but using IC2 credits for money instead of it's own, and having more complicated buildings to utilise EU. It would be really cool too though.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• An industrial revolution means a social revolution, economic revolution and science revolution.All of them.The villagers in the actual Minecraft just mmphff-around and trade with you in an incipient form, it would be great to teach a villager how to interact with a IC2 machine, a technician macerator or nuclear technician, build schools to teach (or training) how to interact with the enviroment and the machines. A technician capable to conect wires to machines, a worker capable to build itself libraries, stores and factories. Why a villager and not a robot?, because these is a truly industrial revolution, an explotion who changes everything and everywhere, the conception of the universe, the knowledge of the things, a full undestanding of the mechanism and technology.
    Furthermore, an engineer is a person who solve "mankind's problems"; wouldn't it be a great idea to solve problems between villages?, i.e a cleric who needs 2000 liters of potion of night vision for example, he doesn't need 2000 potions, he need this huge quantity because he is the only cleric in all the four villages and he needs to give all the villagers, (500 villagers in each one), in retribution 20,000 ic credits for the player.