New server based on gregtech 5 unofficial - read inside

• Hello everyone

Me and my friend are looking to host a new hardmode server based on Gregtech 5 unofficial and some other mods. I will list mods below. This is how we see it but would like more opinions and a server admin more to help run the server and keep our players happy. We are looking for dedicated players to contribute to an active and fun server. If possible we would like to start the server this weekend but we depend on you guys! Bring your dedication and help us make this server good.

Reply to this thread if you are interested - when you can/want to start playing - which mods you agree or disagree in and so on. Thanks in advance.

Server:
    CPU: Inten i7 4th gen
    Ram: 16gb ddr3 2400 mhz
    Disk: 250gb samsung evo ssd

Connection:
    Speed: 300/300 mbit fiber optics

Current mod list (version numbers and pack containing all will be made):

Worldgen standard

Update to mods: removed extrautils and added treecapacitor

Settings atm:

Oregen disabled in Railcraft, ic2, vanilla, forestry and galacticraft
    Disabled naquadah in end - only enabled on mars
    Created mining world with aroma dimensions - owerworld ore spawn settings
    Disabled <Aroma1997sDimension:dimensionChanger> for balancing and avoiding travel abuse
    Diabled <Aroma1997sDimension:portalFrame> (one portal for each player will be given)
    Changed forestry gamemode to hard

Packs for MultiMC https://multimc.org/ :
    Without ressource pack 56mb https://dl.dropboxusercontent.…893/Lardy_noressource.zip

Server ip: mc.retrolan.dk
    Whitelist: join Teamspeak mc.retrolan.dk pw: 4thewin for whitelist and/or chat
    Launch/reset: 06/11/2015 @ 15:00 cet ONLINE NOW

Rules:

Don’t steal or grief
    Don’t build close to others unless you know each other or get permission
    The usage of autominers is only allowed in the mining world.

Banned items:

Currently only what mods ban by default. We disabled alternative dimension teleporter to avoid travel abuse but you can still build portal to mining world very simple.
    portalFrank from alternatedimensions - each player will get portal spawned from admin.

Further balance changes will be done "on the fly" if we find unbalanced stuff.

• I might be interested in a UGT5 server. I started playing on Kirara 2.0 which is now Kirara Vintage. Server still running from 13.3.2014 but it has a huge memory problem and stops responding every 2-3 days of uptime. I came as far as Fusion reactor Mark II in tech.

Link: Screenshots of my base

I play on average 4 days a week. Got 2 friends that might be interested. Their play-style is in sessions 1-2 months geeking then 3 months cool-down.

Bug report No.242: No sound while PC is burning!

• Nice - i havent build the fusion reactor yet - using naquadah atm from mars :)

Need to go into fusion to get larger batteries but we're mainly for playing on a new server with more people.

Do you have any input about mods? When would you be interested in starting server up?

We will distribute to all known contacts once we settle on start date and final modlist/settings.

I think most players play like hardcore and then cooldown until theres something new or a new aspect that you want to try.

• What version of GT5u are you using? 5.08 or 5.09?
    Edit: Adds any of those mods an automatic tree farm? Running big boilers without one is pretty much impossible. Forestry would be the best and with 5.09 you also get the GT bees, producing materials like iron, copper, uranium and tungsten and they are renewable.

• gregtech_1.7.10-5.08.32 was the plan - but if you got ideas we're open to discussion

I dont know about thaumcraft - personally i never used it but depends on people playing on the server if they/we want it.

• gregtech_1.7.10-5.08.32 was the plan - but if you got ideas we're open to discussion

I dont know about thaumcraft - personally i never used it but depends on people playing on the server if they/we want it.

I really think that 5.09 is great, it adds advanced miner 2, balances oil and biogas production, it was way to weak compared to coal in 5.08, you didn´t needed to upgrade from coal before you reached fusion or very good nuclear reactors. Also adds different sorts of plastic, makes nuclear reactor more difficult and powerful, adds tons of new crops, etc.

And Thaumcraft wouldn´t be really important to me, but forestry would be really useful (multifarms, electrical rf engines, bees, new trees), I use it a lot.

• I would really appreciate a server that is more "only Gregtech" - no OP charcoal farms and infinite uran from bees?

• I would really appreciate a server that is more "only Gregtech" - no OP charcoal farms and infinite uran from bees?

I don´t think that forestry farms are that op, you need a maximum size farm to power one large boiler. And also, GT bees don´t produce that much uranium, the GT bees were nerfed in the last update. Uranium isn´t even really rare, you can find plutonium veins and pitchblende veins. Btw. I always thought that the plutonium veins really op, you can produce huge amounts of energy with mox fuel, a uranium238 with uranitite and some uranium235 veins would be a good replacement for it.

• updated original post with current addon and settings - need feedback

Still need to check all addons are newest version

Aiming for launch this friday if you guys can find time to start - better get going while its hot :)

Can put online at anytime and give op so you can test and look for mistakes or OP settings.

• As a server owner: It's a pure forge server or you will be using bukkit plugins? And, if you're not going to use bukkit plugins, how will you manage griefs? Which items will be banned? It's a premium or no premium server? If it's no premium and pure forge, how will you deal with hackers? There's whitelist? Which are the rules? Do you have any web? And I still have got a large list of questions remaining.

Think about everything and don't focus on opening quickly, or you'll get a headache trying to deal with those things on the fly (and if you already thought about it, explain to your potential users how will everything work)

• I'm really interested in such a server as well. I rly liked playing on Kirara but it just got to lagy and downtimes were rly bad these past few months. Count me in!

• How we will manage griefs:

Server will be whitelist. Most players will be mature and patient players – I don’t think
    griefers will be a problem but if something happen we will reimburse lost
    items. If a big grief or base blowup we can roll back to latest backup. Backups
    are made every 2 hours. Using gregtech PlayerActivity.log we can see who did what and ban them and reimburse
    lost/stolen items.

Premium or no premium:

If I understand this correct it’s a premium – you need a paid minecraft
    account to play on the server. If by premium you mean that you can
    pay-to-win then its not premium. You cant pay irl money to get any items
    or advantages. Server is sponsored by me on my connection. There is no
    expenses theres not already paid - except power but im sure ill manage
    :)

Rules:
    Don’t steal or grief
    Don’t build close to others unless you know each other or get permission
    Only mine with autominers in mining world

Banned items:
    Currently only what mods ban by default. We disabled alternative dimension teleporter to avoid travel abuse but you can still build portal to mining world very simple.

• Not sure what the mod is called but how do you feel about extended bees options and extended tree species? Would it break the balance of the server?