Kinetic Steam Generator Constant Steam Explosions

• I've scoured the forums and can't find anything related to this recently. Last post was from 2014. I've been trying to get the new 5x5 Reactor setup working. The last hurdle I've encountered is that the Kinetic Steam Generator fluctuates between 400ku and 399ku and causes a nearly constant steam explosion. I've tried using both regular steam and super heated stem with no success. I'm just trying to isolate the cause of the constant steam explosions. Is it from a lack of constant steam? Or maybe from not pumping out the water quick enough? I've tried it both with and without pipes to no success =/

Currently running industrialcraft-2-2.2.810-experimental.jar

Let me know if you need more information.

• Official Post

It sounds like you're missing a condenser next to the Kinetic Steam Generator.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• The condenser would only be needed to condense any extra steam into distilled water if you were using super heated steam right? Or are you required to have a condenser all the time even when using Superheated steam and 2 turbines next to each other?

I'll give it a try with that in the mean time.

• Wow Your absolutely right. Thanks man.

So other than asking here how would someone figure that out other than trial and error. I didn't see anything on the wiki for the kinetic steam generator stating you need a condenser as well.

• Official Post

So other than asking here how would someone figure that out other than trial and error. I didn't see anything on the wiki for the kinetic steam generator stating you need a condenser as well.

When I wrote the Steam Generator page I mentioned about the steam explosions and how to avoid them, but it seems it was never mentioned on the Kinetic Steam Generator page. Added it now.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.