Suggestion: Normalized Power Acceptance

• Name:Normalized Power Acceptance

Description:
    I would request that machines accept power equivalent to their tier (without exploding/refusing to interface)
    (some of this may already be true)
    Much of my tier classification is from power consumption. Also, I do not see any use to energy crystals as is, ever, unless used in a recipe, because they are unable to be used to power anything at all, unless you have set up power infrastructure already (which makes them kinda useless)

T1, Low end appliances, Low Tech Household use - Battery

T2, Industrial level appliances Like for a factory or similar - Energy Crystal
    Induction Furnace, Miner, Tesla Coil.

T3, Futuristic Tech - Laptron Crystal
    Terraformer, Field generator (When implemented)

T4, - Uber voltage (no storage method, right?)
    Mass Fabricator.

• So you basically want machines to accept crystals?

Yes, although that is an oversimplification, or rather one out of like 4 things. I also want to be able to power my miner without having to wire it up each time it moves, or use an MFE+low voltage transformer. (especially when the wrenches start deleting your resources)
    as well as any of the other higher energy usage machines to accept higher tier power.

• I agree, I think miners should be considered T2 as well.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• I definitely agree, especially for the induction furnace... I mean it uses an advanced machine, is obviously tier 2, yet no usage of energy crystals.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• I definitely agree, especially for the induction furnace... I mean it uses an advanced machine, is obviously tier 2, yet no usage of energy crystals.

Indeed. I see pretty much no use for energy crystals as is. Laptron and energy crystals are only useable to move energy around between mfes or mfsus, and hence since wiring is almost always better, unless using something like Portal mod, or going to the nether. Batteries are effective for mobile recharging, but a batpack is ALMOST better. It does have one really annoying limitation, that it does not allow you to manually recharge your tools. I am wondering how it is imagined to work. Basically, I use a jetpack most of the time (electric ofc) so I can keep my mobility. However, since electric tools last such a short time, I have to use a batpack or batteries as well. Batpack has a higher power density, but is less convinient if you have a jetpack. If you equip it, and drill one block, it appears to recharge 1 durability (not sure exactly how much energy) or 2 durability due to drain of 1. This means I have to mine a LOT to recharge my drill, and hence have a risk due to not having a jetpack on. In Ic1, the batpack was infinitely better, as it instead of just 1 durability, it restored ALL of the missing energy. Certainly it did require you to mine 1 block, but that was so easy to do, and hence was not nearly as annoying.

I think I went off on a tanget a bit.

Energy crystals can not be used out of base, and if you are manually transporting energy, you will almost certainly have laptron crystals by that point.

• Official Post

I agree -- one of my first frustrations was not being able to power machines with crystals. I tried to put an energy crystal in a miner, and sad face -- it didn't work.

So now I had to build an MFE, LV Transformer, some cables, and yea - i can do it. But you need a good million EU for a full miner operation, so your best bet is to bring out an MFSU, Lapo crystal, MV transformer, LV transformer, and a bunch of cables. Add in the required Miner, mining pipes, drill, scanner, and chest - thats a lotta stuff to carry on your toon!! :)

• I agree -- one of my first frustrations was not being able to power machines with crystals. I tried to put an energy crystal in a miner, and sad face -- it didn't work.

So now I had to build an MFE, LV Transformer, some cables, and yea - i can do it. But you need a good million EU for a full miner operation, so your best bet is to bring out an MFSU, Lapo crystal, MV transformer, LV transformer, and a bunch of cables. Add in the required Miner, mining pipes, drill, scanner, and chest - thats a lotta stuff to carry on your toon!! :)

Yea. I think energy crystal at the minimum for miner, and if you want a total mining in one go, you would have to hook up an MFSU, but that would be more reasonable imo.