WIP Server pack

• As stated in the bored/ random chat thread, I'm working on a PvP M.A.D (Mutually Assured Destruction) Server pack. This is still very much a WIP, but I am working on trying to get a server going to test the pack (though I am still open to volunteers willing to help by hosting). Here I have a version 0.1 of the mod list, none of these have been put together yet, as this version is building off a pack request, so it is very likely to change very quickly, with some already planned to be scrapped for a general release.

The mod list is as follows

Very much open for suggestions. One already planned major change is using Averitia's crafting system for Project E, before anyone asks/ suggests its removal. Also redundancies will be removed depending on what people would prefer to play with.

• If you want, you could replace Flan's with McHeli. Although many people said it's buggy and whatnot, I'd reccomend you don't listen and try it out yourself as the recent version has removed pretty much all of those bugs and added lots of new stuff, including tanks (and very well made i might add). Compared to Flan's, all 3: tanks, turrets and aircraft, have better weaponry (for example cannons have weapon modes, and tanks can fire different shells, some even mortar), they look way better (it's like comparing BF3 to BF1, really) and they seem to behave nicely (tanks will tilt according to the terrain for example), but are easier to craft, meaning that it's all done with vanilla items, you don't need to craft the engine for the tank, you just craft the tank itself. If you want pictures or a demo (since most videos of McHeli are outdated) I could probably make and provide such, altough it's better to experience it than to see it.
    Edit: You will however have to find something else for guns and such if you want them, since McHeli adds stuff related to the Armored Combat aspect (afterall when you can fly a A-10 Thunderbolt II, why settle for shooting with an AK? Unless you can have both, in which case have both ).

• Official Post

Which version of Gregtech? Also I recommend Binnie Patcher if you want to use Forestry 4 and Binnie's Mods, otherwise you'll most likely have to go looking for older versions of certain mods.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Which version of Gregtech? Also I recommend Binnie Patcher if you want to use Forestry 4 and Binnie's Mods, otherwise you'll most likely have to go looking for older versions of certain mods.

Most likely GregTech 6, and I do plan to have Binnie patcher in. That list came from a Google doc that just lists the mods that add content, not what's needed to make them work and play nicely with each other (addons excluded), with me classifying the patcher as one of those.

If you want, you could replace Flan's with McHeli. Although many people said it's buggy and whatnot, I'd reccomend you don't listen and try it out yourself as the recent version has removed pretty much all of those bugs and added lots of new stuff, including tanks (and very well made i might add). Compared to Flan's, all 3: tanks, turrets and aircraft, have better weaponry (for example cannons have weapon modes, and tanks can fire different shells, some even mortar), they look way better (it's like comparing BF3 to BF1, really) and they seem to behave nicely (tanks will tilt according to the terrain for example), but are easier to craft, meaning that it's all done with vanilla items, you don't need to craft the engine for the tank, you just craft the tank itself. If you want pictures or a demo (since most videos of McHeli are outdated) I could probably make and provide such, altough it's better to experience it than to see it.
    Edit: You will however have to find something else for guns and such if you want them, since McHeli adds stuff related to the Armored Combat aspect (afterall when you can fly a A-10 Thunderbolt II, why settle for shooting with an AK? Unless you can have both, in which case have both ).

I'll look into it, but I will admit I think Flans in terms of balance would work better, as crafting all the smaller components would help with balance. That and Mechs. If it does fit better balance wise though, I'll swap them

• If you must and you have the power to run them both, I'd suggest to get them both. Or at least remove Flan's Packs regarding Planes, Helicopters, Turrets (and artillery) and tanks, and have McHeli fit that role while Flan's gets the Mechs and others done. Belive me when I say, those models look waaay better than Flans. Also, make sure you take the version from Curse, not the other stuff, those are outdated and all, I took the 1.0.0 myself but will try the 1.0.2 and perhaps the 1.0.2b when I get the chance, those were uploaded recently so I had no idea until I went to check it out today

• I just tried the 1.0.2b and it's not that much added, but I suppose they didn't push it out just for the content so I'd reccomend the latest... That being said I just tried the extra content packs( Fictional Aircraft, Joke Planes, Ground Weapons and Decorations) and I must say that I have no idea why I haven't done it before, they add a LOT of fun stuff. It's not hard to install them but if you wish I can send you the already modified mod if you'd rather not spend time copy-pasting (and downloading from a page written in japanese (with a guide to what to do though that is in english so you don't actually need to know japanese)) since you'd be missing out quite a lot of stuff without them. Sure the mod is fun as hell without em, but if you can have them, why not?

• I just tried the 1.0.2b and it's not that much added, but I suppose they didn't push it out just for the content so I'd reccomend the latest... That being said I just tried the extra content packs( Fictional Aircraft, Joke Planes, Ground Weapons and Decorations) and I must say that I have no idea why I haven't done it before, they add a LOT of fun stuff. It's not hard to install them but if you wish I can send you the already modified mod if you'd rather not spend time copy-pasting (and downloading from a page written in japanese (with a guide to what to do though that is in english so you don't actually need to know japanese)) since you'd be missing out quite a lot of stuff without them. Sure the mod is fun as hell without em, but if you can have them, why not?

I admit that the mod does look very good, and I'm going to look into the content packs, if the content packs look good, I'll remove the Modern Warfare pack, but leave in Futurecraft, as it focuses on Sci-fi weapons, and has mechs the size of Metal Gears. Because who doesn't want that?

• Yeah, they can be loads of fun on a PVP server like you intend to make. The content packs are not size-able, they seem to value quality over quantity. For example the main reason to use the Fictional Aircraft is for the 2 Star Wars themed planes, for the joke planes I guess it'd be the JetGoat and such (and possibly the MineFighter even though I'm not sure whether it's in Fictional or Joke, but it's fun nonetheless), for the Ground weapons, the Flak Gun, the grenade launcher (named missile launcher but meh), the TOW missile and plenty of machineguns and for decoration, well it's not that much but it adds stuff like sandbags and others. That being said, hope I helped and if you need anything else I'll be around.

• Unless there are other requests, I'm going to start designing the base pack for testing (maybe even 1.8.9 pack that won't have everything, but an idea of what's coming when the community gets to 1.9 overall). Any ideas for a name for this pack?