[128x] Sphax Texture Pack IC² Addon 0.7 [now with MFR, RP2, BC and EE]

• To prove that i'm not as idle as it may seem:
    I helped out ruyan with his IC2-items.
    As a small teaser an ingame screen.

Quote from HeadHunter67

I'm not an artist at all - hell, I'm so clumsy that if I pick up a pencil I'm more likely to draw blood than anything else

• May be next mod will WRCBE ?

Ok guys, let me give you a breakdown on how we going to do things in the future:

We will set up a dedicated forum (my server is finally up again and I will start on it tonight), where you will find all the Sphax addons and a Request-Forum as well. If you can convince us in a good way why we should take on a mod, we will consider it. But a simple "do WRCB plx" won't do the trick. We have like 10 mod suggestions already and you might know, that this is very time consuming. We will then decide which mods look promising and will put up a poll for you guys to decide what mod you want to be done first.

Until then we won't take any suggestions, but rather finish the projects at hand and actually play some Minecraft for a change! :)

• truly

Thanks for the screen. How do you like it anyways? Any suggestions? What are those default-textured machines on the right there?
    You should also consider updating your pack as it seems you have outdated textures (the brick-furnace seems like that). :)

Quote from HeadHunter67

I'm not an artist at all - hell, I'm so clumsy that if I pick up a pencil I'm more likely to draw blood than anything else

• Thanks for the screen. How do you like it anyways? Any suggestions? What are those default-textured machines on the right there?
    You should also consider updating your pack as it seems you have outdated textures (the brick-furnace seems like that). :)

The machines on the right are power converters...

• Thanks for the screen. How do you like it anyways? Any suggestions? What are those default-textured machines on the right there?

yeah, these modders do excellent work, professional and worthy of compensation.

• The mining laser is included in the newest version.

Also I welcome you all to drop by our new forum and leave your suggestions and comments there.
    It's more structured since we cover a couple of mods already and there will be more in the future.

So for all your Sphax needs go to Sphax Addon Forum

• So many nice looking new items in the latest pack! I generally have a more modern/realistic look to the textures I use, but the items sheet is just downright beautiful! I'll have to make improvements to my electric treetap sprite to match the new look of the power tools! Thanks!

• I will warn you, though: If you reduce the size of the images, use "nearest neighbor" so they are not blurry. Also, overlay the transparency onto a colored backing sheet (like the purple default grid) so that you can erase the semi-transparent pixels you are bound to get from reducing the image. You can't easily see them on the sheet, but they are VERY noticable as white edges to the items in game.

• I will warn you, though: If you reduce the size of the images, use "nearest neighbor" so they are not blurry. Also, overlay the transparency onto a colored backing sheet (like the purple default grid) so that you can erase the semi-transparent pixels you are bound to get from reducing the image. You can't easily see them on the sheet, but they are VERY noticable as white edges to the items in game.

Yep! Good information! :)

Though it's our fault as we didn't it like Sphax did. Neither ruyan nor me did it vector-style. Don't think Caden or the rest did it. So the lower-resolution pack might not be as intended due to the resizing.
    As most people use 128x and also Sphax recommends that size I for myself did it 128pixelish. Would the resonance be higher I may have used vectors. Most people just download and are never seen again.
    And without feedback I don't mind to do a vector version as I have to imply that 128x is okay for everyone. :P

Quote from HeadHunter67

• I've always been a "mix-and-match" kind of guy when it comes to Minecraft textures. I cobble together bits and pieces from packs I like for my own use, and my pack honestly iterates on almost a daily basis. I settled on 64x because to me, it's the best blend between detail and performance. 128x can look very nice but my computer isn't that new.

So I learned everything about texture packs and Paint.NEt by doing it the hard way. I'm not an artist at all - hell, I'm so clumsy that if I pick up a pencil I'm more likely to draw blood than anything esle - but I have learned a few tricks for improving the textures I like and sometimes cobbling together others to suit the need (as I did with a couple of machines to match Warbaque's pack).

Long story short, I found a lot of fun and satisfaction in customizing the pack I use to suit my style and my preferences, and I'd encourage others to learn the basics! This way, if you like this terrain tile, or that item, you can use them - and if you find a pack you like but want it at a lower resolution (or to upscale a pack to a higher one), it's not that hard!

• I've always been a "mix-and-match" kind of guy when it comes to Minecraft textures. I cobble together bits and pieces from packs I like for my own use, and my pack honestly iterates on almost a daily basis. I settled on 64x because to me, it's the best blend between detail and performance. 128x can look very nice but my computer isn't that new.

So I learned everything about texture packs and Paint.NEt by doing it the hard way. I'm not an artist at all - hell, I'm so clumsy that if I pick up a pencil I'm more likely to draw blood than anything esle - but I have learned a few tricks for improving the textures I like and sometimes cobbling together others to suit the need (as I did with a couple of machines to match Warbaque's pack).

Long story short, I found a lot of fun and satisfaction in customizing the pack I use to suit my style and my preferences, and I'd encourage others to learn the basics! This way, if you like this terrain tile, or that item, you can use them - and if you find a pack you like but want it at a lower resolution (or to upscale a pack to a higher one), it's not that hard!

That's the spirit! And also the story of how I did start the RP2-Sphax-TP. "Help yourself!". Many people just don't get that one. I mean ... it's absolutely okay to ask if somebody else plans to do this or that. But if you got a "no" and are discouraged because of that ... man, you're lost. :) So stand up, get things done yourself and be happy.

Do you mind of I take your quote for a signature?
    "I'm not an artist at all - hell, I'm so clumsy that if I pick up a pencil I'm more likely to draw blood than anything else [...]"

Quote from HeadHunter67