Suggestion: Gear boxes

• So... You want more out of the Wind Mill and you already reached max height?? Well INTRODUCING THE GEAR BOX..... It increases the wind gens power by nearly 50%!!!! But it depends what you craft it out of.
    Well how do you install it? Just plop it down below the wind gen and put a cable underneath the gear box and your done! You can do the same with other machines, to make them faster or energy efficient.

Recipes:

Wooden gearbox( the weakest one)

W = Wood

Machine = M

Stone = S

Iron = I

D = Diamonds

MV= MV transformer

W Cable W
    Refined Iron M Refined Iron

W Batbox W

Stone Gearbox(20% better then the wooden gearbox)

S Cable S
    Refined Iron M Refined Iron

S LV-Transformer S

Iron Gearbox(50% better then the wooden one)

I Cable I
    Refined Iron MFE-Transmitter Refined Iron

I Cable I

Reinforced Iron Gearbox(75% better then wooden)
    Refined Iron Cable Refined Iron

Refined Iron Advanced Machine Refined Iron

Refined Iron MV Refined Iron

Diamond Gear Box (95% better then wooden)
    D Cable D
    D Advanced Machine D
    D MV D

Alloy Gear Box ( 120% better then wooden)
    Alloy Glass Fibre Alloy

Alloy Advanced Machine Alloy

Alloy HV-Transformer Alloy

Iridium gearbox ( The most powerful and a whopping 200% better then the wooden gearbox)

Iridium Cable Iridium
    Iridium Advanced Machine Iridium
    Iridium HV-Transformer Iridium

• I think some sort of construct to enhance the power of a Wind Generator wouldn't be halfbad truthfully.. it would just have to be done right.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• Official Post

no

just

no

This.

Please consider thinking before you post something.. something taking up 6 iridium and resulting in 200% more wind power is extremely pointless. Because you will need more energy to produce the iridium then you will ever gain by the 200% increase, for about... a few month of RL playtime?

• I got a better idea, why not create a wind detector which can detect where wind is . When some one right clicks the wind detector it shows the windspeed, so that you can know if your wind mill will produce power. Then when the wind detector is placed into the wind mill, it will improve the consistency of EUs per tick. So For instance instead of the EUs fluctuating between 1-3 the wind mill would produce 3 EU each tick.

• I got a better idea, why not create a wind detector which can detect where wind is . When some one right clicks the wind detector it shows the windspeed, so that you can know if your wind mill will produce power. Then when the wind detector is placed into the wind mill, it will improve the consistency of EUs per tick. So For instance instead of the EUs fluctuating between 1-3 the wind mill would produce 3 EU each tick.

^
    |

We need this