Problem with Hazmat suit and radiation

• Hello, I have a problem with the radiation protection from the hazmat suit. According to the wiki the full set is : Scuba Helmet/Hazma Suit/Hazmat Leg/Rubber Boots.
    With the set i take damage from the radiation and the health bar on the suit is decreasing real quick. I die from radiation in 5 or 6 seconds. So I dont really think this is intended because i can"t manipulation my uranium...
    Im on IC2 2.5.8-ex19.

• 1. The 1.8.9 and 1.9 versions of IC2 are still very much works in progress, so issues like this are to be expected.
    2. I ran the 1.9 code through a decompiler, and it looks like it might also be checking the new shield slot for hazmat-type armor (which isn't really appropriate, but suggests a temporary workaround). AFAIK, there's no "hazmat shield" yet, but you could check if any of the other hazmat armor pieces can be placed in the shield slot, and if doing so keeps you safe from radiation.

• Official Post

This should be fixed in 2.5.14

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Thank you both for the quick answer.
    So i tried what MauveCloud suggested, I wore a full "Hazmat" set with a piece of the set in the shield slot. It doesn't work sadly.
    I will wait for the fix :)