[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

0.95, Using 1 MFSU, no wiring. One distance, Block mode (only one allowing a plane) 5/6 radius (IIRC)

8o ok is a simple error if you place a MFSU direktly to the FFGenerator like :Tesla Coil::MFS-Unit: ... the MFU is switched off because they get a redstone signal from the FF generator.. put a cable between :Tesla Coil: --:MFS-Unit:

• 8o ok is a simple error if you place a MFSU direktly to the FFGenerator like :Tesla Coil::MFS-Unit: ... the MFU is switched off because they get a redstone signal from the FF generator.. put a cable between :Tesla Coil: --:MFS-Unit:

That explains it. Other question is why the force field does not accept power from multiple power sources, and hence costs over 512 are disallowed. Is it possible to remove this limitation, but when depleated, have it refuse to work until it is fully recharged?

• You mod authors who play SSP should not be playing SSP. The true facts are that SMP + Client runs better on anyones PC's to begin with :P So If I play Vanilla by myself locally I run a SMP and connect to it with the client. Less crashes less overload better performance.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

That explains it. Other question is why the force field does not accept power from multiple power sources, and hence costs over 512 are disallowed. Is it possible to remove this limitation, but when depleated, have it refuse to work until it is fully recharged?

:Tesla Coil: --- :HV-Transformer: ---- :MFS-Unit::MFS-Unit::MFS-Unit::MFS-Unit:

put 4 MFSU on a HV-Transformer and connectet it to the Generator for 2048 EU :thumbup:

Ok, but why cant I hook them up directly?

Ask IC2 Dev Team the energy grid in IC2 works so...

• Ask IC2 Dev Team the energy grid in IC2 works so...

Hmm. I think I mean more like, how did you get the energy input, like what function call? It just looks like you used an incorrect function to me, that just gets One input, rather than all inputs, but its hard to tell.

• Wanted to just say I got this mod to 'look properly' now, and once I get to a point to feature it in my 'Let's Play' I most likely will with powered bridges and wireless redstone..

Awesome job with this add-on! :thumbup:

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• To be specific, place the zip in the mods folder... Don't unzip it and for the love of not breaking anything, dont unzip it and place the files in your minecraft.jar :P
    got it working YAY now to work out where to put a config file and what it should look like.

Edit - YAY found config! learning so much about modding im tempted to try and replicate the IC1 shield. anyone know where to start. I like this one and i think there should be at least the two different types.

for anyone else wanting to tweek the config its in the config folder of minecraft

Edit2: Im keen to help testing for SMP i run a small(3-7 users) server on a vps for my friends and we are wanting a shield to protect our base should it magicaly end up in the nether at some stage.... PM me or email me if you want help testing or developing it.

• Ranakastrasz

Hmm. I think I mean more like, how did you get the energy input, like what function call? It just looks like you used an incorrect function to me, that just gets One input, rather than all inputs, but its hard to tell.

wait for Version 1.0 to time i write the core new for lower CPU use... and need 2 ID not 3 ;-)... But i a loot of work.. first look in 3-4 Days..

• This is an awesome addon! I was so disappointed after looking at the Industrialcraft2 wiki and saw a force field generator, and then got in game and found out they don't have it anymore. Thank you so much for making force fields possible again :)

• Unless the actual power deducted while active is not displayed, the cost to maintain the field is not correct. as long as you do not make blocks that the field overlaps invulnerable/unwalkable (which I do not think is possible, but ought to be so anyway lol)

Also, I do not see any point to the capacitor considering that the energy cost limit for activation happens to be how much energy the generator is receiving, hence how could it ever go down? (unless you place both the generator and mfsu touching, and accidentally disable the mfsu via the switch on the generator)
    Perhaps allow no limit, but require a 100% full capacitor to activate the field? (meaning if all the power is drained, it would turn off till recharged fully)

Also, from the other thread, I would think the idea of, the field uses rather low energy to maintain, much less than it does now, but would also drain extra each time it creates a block, as well as more when it damages a mob/is blocking an entity/is being hit by a tool (which it ought to be impossible to break with any tool unless drained, and possibly take damage depending on the tool, like nano-saber being most powerful)

• What does deflector do? Also, Depth seems to be Height, and Height doesn't seem to make any changes. Am I doing something wrong? :)

Deflector appears to be the cube setup, while the other two only allow planes. It seems kinda superfluous however, so I'm not sure why it is set up that way.

• Warning: Wanted a translation my English is not readable ;)

Ranakastrasz : If you generate a Wall 3 x 3 Blocks and 1 Field is Blocking by Uranium Ore :rolleyes: ...

:Force Field::Force Field::Force Field:
    :Force Field::Force Field::Uranium Ore:
    :Force Field::Force Field::Force Field:

In Version 0.9.6 the System make 4 Steps (simplified) :

1) calculated position and material and write it into a List marked solide blocks.
    2) Take the List and Create ForceFieldBlock if material on place not Solide (like :Uranium Ore: ).. <--- create only 1 time at Activate
    3) position of Solide Block will be store in Update List and Check every 2 secounds.... If you break the :Uranium Ore: the pace will be replace by a :Force Field:
    , position will be marked as ForceFieldblock and remove from update List..
    4) On Deactive every Block marked as ForceFieldblock is deleted and list clear for new Activate goto Step 1:

in Version 0.9.6 the Forcefield size will me not limit by input... only by capacitor...

example: if you Force Field need 8 EU ,you need 160EU ( 2 Sec runn) in Capacitor to activate the field.
    if you have a input of 4 EU the capacitor will be recharge in 4 Sec befor field runn for 2 Sec ... 4 sec recharge ...2 sec run....4 sec recharge ...2 sec run....

Direwolf20

Deflector Mode:

:Force Field: <- depth = number of Blocks UP..
    <Distance= Space between Generator and Forcefield
    :Advanced Machine: <-- Force Field Generator Facing Up

<--- wide Nummer of Blocks right, left---->
    :Force Field::Force Field::Force Field::Force Field::Force Field:
    :Force Field::Force Field::Advanced Machine::Force Field::Force Field: <--- height Nummer of Blocks front, rear

@ All
    I know that the terms such as "depth, width, height" are not optimal. I'm working on. "depth, width, height" define the x, y axis, z. depending on the orientation of the generator which are different. The optimal solution would be depending on the modes and orientation, a modified GUI. :huh::huh: