[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• Why not create a tesla coil from ic2 then? Just beware of friendly fire though. And i think MFFS is created for protection, not for killing so i believe weapons are not necessary for this mod.

I'm with you one opinion ..Defense YES Killing only NO

The mob defense upgrade does not kill custom enemy mobs like the thaumcraft slime.

not my fault :huh: if they are not descended from one of the base class like EntityMob or EntitySlime

• hey thunderdark, what does this upgrade do?
    MFFS Projector Upgrade

nah, i figured it out after 5 sec. XD

by the way, my missiles still cant destroy any of the machine blocks, but it's ok, maybe im just thinking too much because when i attack a low powered shielded dummy base, all solar panels, mfsu, wires and all other stuffs got destroyed and floating mffs blocks greets me. :P

What does the Field Manipulator do then?

• I've been pondering for about a week if I should try this mod on my server... I've now decided to have a go at it :)

I am running a server with 24 mods. I hope there'll be no conflicts. I will let you know how it goes.

EDIT: Server loads up just fine with all my 28 mods + MFFS :)

Can't wait to try creating some force fields :D

• I have a forcefield that won't disappear. I've destroyed the generator and tried every block breaking device from every mod I have installed, and it won't go away. Can anyone please help me?

• Right, when I put the MFFS Generator Injektor into the MFFS Force Power Gen., nothing happens. It doesn't get any power from the attached MFSU. Must have something to do with my mods :-/

• I have a forcefield that won't disappear. I've destroyed the generator and tried every block breaking device from every mod I have installed, and it won't go away. Can anyone please help me?

You need close the game and open again (this a issue pre4beta )

Right, when I put the MFFS Generator Injektor into the MFFS Force Power Gen., nothing happens. It doesn't get any power from the attached MFSU. Must have something to do with my mods :-/

turn on the force power generator :D

• So Monday is here. Is update still planned for today and will it be Bukkit?

Yes Monday is here but i have fix a Bug "I have a forcefield that won't disappear." and i have add two feature which are not yet tested... :whistling:

I think about cut out or leave as experimental

• Yes Monday is here but i have fix a Bug "I have a forcefield that won't disappear." and i have add two feature which are not yet tested... :whistling:

I think about cut out or leave as experimental

I can test it in singleplayer right now if you'll post a link :)

• BTW. 2 nukes (maybe even TNT) can blow through force field if ignited at same time. I think it 'cause 1st one blows part of field up and other one at same time blows everything through new-created and still opened hole.

• i have an idea for multilayer instead of damaging a player inside a force field make a teleport function with you are in a restricted area message and port anyone not registered outside the field its much more effective against strong armor that ignores damage.

• Hi. I play with few friends on a private server and we use those shields for many different purposes. We noticed that even through cube projector is easy to make, it is not that much useful to us. And that is because it has a fixed length in all dimensions. I know, that is because it is a "CUBE" projector. The things we usually try to shield has various shapes. So we have to use deflector projectors to make a specific shape of the field.

So, I wanted to suggest an upgrade to "Cube" projector or even new kind of projector that would create a cube shaped field but with a possibility to modify lengths of chosen dimensions.
    That way we could shape a field to fit our needs as if it was made with deflectors but also, we could install all the upgrades that a "Cube" projector can.
    So a player could set it to generate a field for example:

4 blocks W, 6 blocks N, 8 blocks E, 2 blocks S, 7 blocks UP and 2 blocks DOWN.

• BTW. 2 nukes (maybe even TNT) can blow through force field if ignited at same time. I think it 'cause 1st one blows part of field up and other one at same time blows everything through new-created and still opened hole.

In that case, use the strenght modulator upgrade. I have tested it on cube force field (a shield that cant use strength modulator) and it blocks the 4 nukes that i fused.

• i have an idea for multilayer instead of damaging a player inside a force field make a teleport function with you are in a restricted area message and port anyone not registered outside the field its much more effective against strong armor that ignores damage.

I think this is a good idea because you dont want any nano/quantum armored players plant nukes inside your force field right?

• A sphere force field + 2 strenght modulator upgrade + 1 Blockcutter Upgrade ....surround by 10 Nuke == flying island and a Laughing players Inside

• I think this is a good idea because you dont want any nano/quantum armored players plant nukes inside your force field right?

yeah ppl who have a lot of armor can do whatever they want and also it invalidates the defense station because it take more resources to build and operate.

• yeah ppl who have a lot of armor can do whatever they want and also it invalidates the defense station because it take more resources to build and operate.

If teleporting players is kinda difficult to code, maybe instantly killing intruders will do? So you could steal their stuffs hehe. How was this idea thunderdark? It's self defense right?

• I think I found a bug...

This is my setup:

MFFS Force Power Gen. V2 (Equipped with an MFFS Generator Injector <EU> and an MFFS Card <Security Station Link>)
    MFFS Projector V2 (Equipped with an MFFS Projector Module <Cube>, an MFFS Card <Power Link>, 30 x MFFS Projector Field Modulator <Distance> and a MFFS Projector Upgrade <Defense Station>)
    MFFS SecStation. V2 (Equipped with an MFFS Security Station <External ID-Reader>)
    A chest next to the SecStation containing my ID-card

At first, this setup works perfectly. It generates a large force field around my base on my server. After a while though, I am unable to turn on the projector itself, rendering me unable to power up the force field. To make it work again, I have to restart the server.

If you need to see it for yourself, Thunderdark, you're welcome to join my server. Just let me know, and I'll PM you the server details :)