[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• Working on updating Sphax textures :D The Forcium crystal thing :) Sorry about the image being very big its 512x :D

Also Thunderdark how many more textures will you be adding for thie 1.3 update? Just before i go release this and it has textures missing

I'm reporting your post. FOR BEING EPIC!

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Now that I'm starting to get into this more I'm trying to figure out a few things for a perfect low power base defense of about 20x20x20. It seems to be a cube with 7 range upgrades and I think that is 21x21x21. To keep it online I think I need 64 EU/t of course a little less but just doing basic 32 64 128 kind math 64 seems great with a bit more to store more power.

So the question is besides people none stop nuking against it to kill power is there anything else I need to know?

And what are these upgrades do?
    Field Manipulator
    Force Field Jammer
    Field Fusion

EDIT: Seems like the Field Manipulator removes the forcefield from the block and under not sure.

Also there is this button in the projector that you can click and has 3 images but I have no clue what any of them also do :P

• small Update to V2.1.7.0.18:

add : Block of Forcicium
    fix : Ender Pearls Exploite

change: Projector not throw her <Power-Link> Card if Lost connection to Capacitor.
    converts <Power-Link> Card -> <Blank> Card

• ender pearls you can pass the force field exploit :( .....now die cheater :thumbup:

• Hey thunderdark. I found a bug when you place an MFFS Force Energy Capacitor next to an MFFS Force Energy Extrator, you crash. You also crash when you right click the MFFS Force Energy Capacitor after you crash. I am using Forge version 3.1.2.263 and am using mystcraft, optifine, codechickcore, NEI, Buildcraft, Forestry, IC2,
    Nuclear Control, InvTweaks, Compact solar arrays, iron chests, NEI plugin for BC forestry Railcraft and Ic2, and lastly railcraft.

Crashlog:

• I did a pull request to your repo adding some functions to the API that I need. Please accept it. I also need a class or a way to see if a block is within a force field's protection.

Something like...

ForceFieldManager.java

in the api package

And I can simply go

Code
    if(ForceFieldManager.isBlockInForceField(x, y, z) == true){ DONT DESTROY BLOCK! }

. You think you can do that?

And also I cleaned up some of your code by removing unused imports. It should speed up your mod slightly by a millisecond per frame :) One thing I noticed about your code is that you use really bad variable names... No offence, I understand you are not an API expert so it's fine. I used to name my stuff badly too but once people started looking at it, I had to force myself to name it properly. justMakeSureYouNameYourVariableLikeThis andnotlikethis.

• calclavia

merged you changes but the two set interface deleted no external write access to main variables.

You think you can do that?

YES but need some time to find a good way (Lag-free as possible)

• What? Why? :( That's the whole purpose of the merge is to provide those two functions. I need my EMP to be able to blast your force power to zero so your force field will break down (or get disabled for a while at least). Unless... you got a better solution? If you implement IDisableable from UE's source that will work too.

As for the Manager, I've got a way to make it not laggy. Every time when a force field is created, it will add all the blocks into a List which the manager holds. Anyone calling that function will simply be accessing that list which wouldn't cause much lag. You can use a neat UE class called Vector3 for that. Basically, if Vector3 (the position of the block) is within the list, then return true. Would you want me to write you that code?

• Hi, I noticed that the force extractor remains connected electrically to the bat box even if you break the link. Once it has started extracting, it will continued to drain power from the bat box and I cannot find a way to stop it. Bug, or am I retarded?

Cheers,
    Dolmant

• Hi, I noticed that the force extractor remains connected electrically to the bat box even if you break the link. Once it has started extracting, it will continued to drain power from the bat box and I cannot find a way to stop it. Bug, or am I retarded?

Cheers,
    Dolmant

is a IC2 Bug :D Wireless EU

• calclavia

What? Why? :( That's the whole purpose of the merge is to provide those two functions. I need my EMP to be able to blast your force power to zero so your force field will break down (or get disabled for a while at least). Unless... you got a better suggestion? If you implement IDisableable from UE's source that will work too.

hm i think that a 5D ForceField provides protection against EMP.... suggestion 50% power lost in the Capacitor...

Reason: You fire 1 EMP Missile and 10 second later a Nuke Missile and you MulitForceField guarded Base is a large crater :wacko: not very balanced

As for the Manager, I've got a way to make it not laggy. Every time when a force field is created, it will add all the blocks into a List which the manager holds. Anyone calling that function will simply be accessing that list which wouldn't cause much lag. You can use a neat UE class called Vector3 for that. Basically, if Vector3 (the position of the block) is within the list, then return true. Would you want me to write you that code?

"will add all the blocks into a List" 8|8| a 64 Cube ForceField have 230.000+ Blocks nice Lag Maschine ...I have a mathematical way but must adapt

• Eh, His mods not balanced at all. His mod is like kids age RTS where its about all offensive and nothing def. TBH if you work as hard as you do to build and setup a MFFS there should be no way to bring it down unless people hate you so much and when I say so much that their willing to spend 10+ nukes on you just because they hate you. Then fuck ya your an asshole who pissed someone off :P

• Just a tip that the Extractor can take blocks of Forcicium and also there might be a small bug I had a output of 9.6 rather then just 9mil. I did have 3 hv solar panels though hah. Might been a tick/speed bug.

• @Kane_Hart

I agree ICBM is currently too overpowered, but ICBM is responsible for only offense mainly. A mod that adds explosive resistance and protection all blocks will come soon. It will be separate mod of course.

@Thunderdark
    Hmm you do have a point. EMP would be overpowered. So here's my second and probably better idea. EMP will be able to destroy your force field blocks (no other explosives will be ale to). By destroying the force field blocks, it will consume a bunch of force power to rebuild it. So then it takes a couple of EMPs to deplete an electrical reserve. But if I do this, will you be able to make it so it takes some time to rebuild the field? One thing I think is overpowered in your mod is that it can instantly erect a force field anywhere, anytime. It should take time to create the force field. Then this plan will work very well.

You should also have a admin only force field for protecting spawn point. That will please Kane_Hart. I tested out your forcefield bypasser/disrupter and I think there is a way you can make the player walk through the force field without teleporting them if he is holding the bypasses.

About the manager class, you could have your force fields register themselves to the manager. So each force field capacitor in the world will be known. Then when I request the "isBlockInForcefield" it will calculate it then and here. After all, I am only calling that once per explosion so it shouldn't cause any lag at all. Take this from an explosives expert who has to deal with lag from nukes all the time. :P

One more question. Is your mod independent of IC2 yet? It should since it can use BC and UE Power. If you need any help coding that or any of these things. I can sure help.

• What about something like pausing energy generation for the forcefields for an amount of time after an EMP has hit, perhaps also increasing the power usage during this time.

So while an EMP will not stop the forcefields they will seriously damage them, and be a threat even if players have ridiculous power generation facilities.

So the 10-20 seconds of the shields in a weak state would be a perfect time to launch all your missles to try and punch through.

• So I've noticed that several people have been having problems with the Force Energy Extractor, myself included, but I haven't seen any kind of fix or anything posted. I'm sure the problem is being looked into, but in my experience when I install Universal Energy the force extractor breaks and stops working, whereas when I uninstall Universal Energy the force extractor starts working again. I am probably missing something because the creator of Universal Energy is here working with ThunderDark, and he apparently isn't having issues because he is shooting missiles at force fields, which I admit is the reason I went and got Universal Energy and ICBM. Anyway, this is just my experience, and I may be way off the mark here, but I couldn't find much info on the subject. Love the forcefields though, that was one of the things I missed most from IC to IC2, and the modular system is such a better system then the old one. :thumbup: for you

Here's my error report for completeness.