Blast Furnace issues (1.10)

• Hi

I have a Blast Furnace receiving heat (the bar is full) and have 3 Iron Ingots inserted, but nothing happens.

Looking at the recipes for the Blast Furnace, this should be all that's needed to make Steel. It seems the Compressed Air Cells have been removed, as I can't find the recipe.

The GUI seems to be fairly new. It has a 'fluid' slot under the square for the ingots, but there's no indication as to what goes there in any documentation.

Thanks!

• Official Post

You need to compress Universal Fluid Cells to get air, and that's what goes in the fluid slot.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Perfect, thanks. I also had some trouble with Dense Plate recipes, added a bug http://bt.industrial-craft.net/view.php?id=1919 - should I have posted that one here first?

On the Blast Furnace GUI:
    Could the Fluid Input and Output slots be labelled on hover?
    Would a simpler way of showing the recipe be to show 6 Universal Fluid Cells (Air) in the Fluid Input slot? Or is that too specific?

What happened to putting chain mail armor in the smeltery to make steel? Still seems like a fair way to do it.

• Official Post

I also had some trouble with Dense Plate recipes, added a bug http://bt.industrial-craft.net/view.php?id=1919 - should I have posted that one here first?

It is a bug so going straight to the bug tracker is fine.

What happened to putting chain mail armor in the smeltery to make steel? Still seems like a fair way to do it.

IC2 never added that, it was a Tinkers Construct thing.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Actually you have access to that information.
    Since the Fluid that is required is hardcoded you can easy access that and the fluid amount that is needed can be accessed in the recipe... So that is no issue...
    If that is not helping then change the api...