Range of the Miner? industrialcraft-2-2.6.1-ex110

• Hi folks,

I'm running industrialcraft-2-2.6.1-ex110 and I'm wondering on the operating range/radius for the Miner and Advanced Miner. The various wikis around mention 5x5 and 9x9 but I suspect those may be out of date. The OD and OV scanners report Range 6 and Range 12 respectively. Does this affect use in the Miner, or only handheld?

Would someone in the know please confirm the radius of the Miners in this version of IC2?

Thanks!

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• Official Post

If a miner has no scanner it will only dig straight down (like a Buildcraft mining well does). If it does have a scanner, then the radius is half what the scanner's tooltip says (like the OD scanner will go 3 blocks out from the central column of mining pipes and the OV 6).

The advanced miner on the other hand won't mine at all without a scanner, and has a 16 block radius for the OD scanned along with a 32 block radius for the OV.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.