Nightvision goggles don't work during daytime.

• Hello, I found that Nightvision goggles don't work and give the blinding effect if it is used during daytime regardless of ambient brightness.

It needs to be fixed.

By the way IMO the concept of nightvision goggles causing blindness is not very fun and just annoying...

• Official Post

Nightvision goggles make what you see bighter. During daytime, it will be too bright for you to see anything, so it giving blindness is intended.
    You can also turn it off during daytime using the ALT and Mode Switch Key.

• Nightvision goggles make what you see bighter. During daytime, it will be too bright for you to see anything, so it giving blindness is intended.
    You can also turn it off during daytime using the ALT and Mode Switch Key.

Yes it is broken, as I said it 'ignores' the ambient brightness when it is daytime. It gives me blindness when the time turns into day even though I am working in a pitblack cave...

Tested on current 1.10 version.

• I agree. I just crafted a nano helmet and went exploring in search of a village for iridium or a desert for some cactus green to make pressure pipes. I spent maybe 15 minecraft days wandering around ( this map hates me ), and I never turned off the night vision. I thought this is great, they finally got rid of that annoying "feature". I was so thrilled. Then it suddenly started giving me blindness any time it was day, even at bedrock under the ocean in pitch dark.

It's nice story wise, but it really ruins the usability, so please, for the love of all that is holy, get rid of the blindness kitch. I really want to stick with IC2 instead of using dark steel gear, but the blindness any time I get close to a torch or lava ( even if it wasn't broken and using daytime instead of local light level ) just makes it useless.

• The problem still persists. As a programmer I know that this issue would be fairly easy to fix, since if someone where to just remove the day/night detection with the night vision, and have it just enable night vision when the user presses "alt-m" it would be fixed.

• Well the issue is it looks at the light level around you not of the brigtness in the daytime.. At least in classic it did that.
    But personally i removed that feature completly and give instead a constant nightvision effect since nightvision goggles are pretty unpopular in the first place and that just kills them.