Kinetic Water Generators....

• So i have this neat little river next to my house in our SMP 1.10.2 server.....

Having great fun playing with the kinetic wind generators... love the improvement over the old setups.

So i thought i would try out the kinetic water generator. I have placed them in the river biome and tried putting a wooden rotor into the device but it will not accept it....

is there something I am missing? :cursing:

• Official Post

You can't use wooden rotors in water turbines because they'd rot. It's mostly for balance reasons really, as unlike wind turbines, water turbines don't necessarily have long cables to them so using a wooden rotor would make it too early game.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Ok so its Iron and above?

Yes it is

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I have been chewing on this a little...

I understand the decisions to limit the water mills and kinetic water generators for balance.

i was thinking though....

Since wind generators setups put out medium voltage why not switch the water generators to only put out LV?

paddle wheels were some of the earliest forms of energy used to provide power for saw mills and early industrial tech.

https://www.google.com/search?…9DPAhWC5iYKHSQZDYMQsAQIKQ

would make a neat multi block structure....

just a thought....

love this mod, thanks to the devs and all those involved.