[IC2 Exp][1.10.x] Advanced Solar Panels v4.0.4 - Hey I remember that!

• Official Post

Hi people,
    It's not my full own mod. This addon based on "SeNtiMeL" Advanced Solar Panels v3.5.1. But his version of addon not update. I full rewrite source code, fix misc bugs, and optimized source code. Now panels work fine and no lags and bugs!
    About this mod:
    Name: Advanced Solar Panels
    Version: 4.2.0

Addon have 2 sets of recipes: "Normal" mode and "Hard" mode ! (Changes in config file)

Advanced Solar Panel
    Generate: 8 eu day, 1 eu night and rainy days.
    Internal storage: 32 000 eu
    Output: 32 eu
    Charge slots: 4 (you can charge 4 electric device simultaneously)
    advanced_solar_panel_scr.jpg

Hybrid Solar Panel
    Generate: 64 eu day, 8 eu night and rainy days.
    Internal storage: 100 000 eu
    Output: 128 eu
    hybrid_solar_panel_scr.jpg

Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panel
    Generate: 512 eu day, 64 eu night and rainy days.
    Internal storage: 1 000 000 eu
    Output: 512 eu
    After many years of researches in the field of quantum physics our scientists have opened new properties of irridium. In a combination with Sunnarium efficiency of transformation of solar energy increases in 8 times, but there is more to come, transformation of light from weak sources grows already in 6 times!!! On the basis of a new hybrid material we represent ours model of the solar panel. An energy output in day - 512 еу, at night and rainy days 64 еу!!!
    ultimate_solar_panel_scr.jpg

Quantum Solar Panel
    Generate: 4096 eu day, 2048 eu night and rainy days.
    Internal storage: 10 000 000 eu
    Output: 8192 eu
    After long years of researches of a quantum matter we could reach unknown heights in quantum physics. And now we can offer our most perfect solar panel! With the new quantum core, we were able to improve the generation of energy in dark time by 4 times! An energy output in day - 4 096 еу, at night and rainy days 2048 еу!!!
    2014-06-28_161942_zpsdd0b641e.png

Now addon is absolutely configurable! You can change all specification (genDay, genNight, storage and etc) in config file. If you think that some panels is overpowered, you can disable craft recipe in config file !!!

Screenshot of Advanced Solar Panels GUI:

Quantum Generator
    This is top tech of Quantum physics ! We are receive this gift from alien civilization. After many years of researches of reverse engineering we could not find way to reproduce this technology.
    This top generator was created for "map makers" and "server admins" who need infinite customize power source (it's no crafting recipe) ! Yea guys, is it's fully customize ! 8o You can change energy output and maximum packet size (for use with different cables) in GUI menu. Sample: we need make energy output 5120 eu and transfer it through "glass fiber cable". Glass fiber cable accept only 512 eu. We need setup in Quantum Generator "Output" is 5120 and setup "max packet size" to 512. Now "Quantum generator" emits 10 packets with 512 eu in tick. You can transfer this EU through copper cables if you setup "max packet size" to 32 8) You can disable all generation through Redstone signal.
    Also if you press "Left Shift" and click on buttons all values = x 5;

quantum_gen_small_zps96dce4b6.jpg
    Quantum generator GUI

Solar Helmets
    -> Can charge all electric items in Inventory (charging algorithm: first charge armor, second others items in inventory)
    -> Advanced Solar Helmet, based at nano helmet ! (generate same as Advanced Solar Panel)
    -> Hybrid Solar Helmet, based at quantum helmet (Generate same as Hybrid Solar Panel)
    -> Ultimate Solar Helmet, based at quantum helmet (Generate same as Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panel)
    -> Only 1 special ability of quantum helmet - underwater supply. Other abilities is off because solar panel replace this modules
    solar_helmets_zps5a482708.jpg

Bonus recipe DoubleSlab for more convenience of construction:
    double_slab_recipe.png
    Note that technically it's not vanilla as of 1.8 it doesn't have a slab form, so I'm really too nice.

TODO:

• Fix Molecular Transformer when active - It currently lights up and has a config to bring back the old star in the centre. Let's just say right now it doesn't stay in the centre.

All made using the new ITeBlock and XML GUI system if any budding addon devs want a fairly simple example, a dev copy will be attached to every version on Curse .

Download new version for Minecraft 1.12.x and IndustrialCraft 2-2.8.74+ Exp. (addon is Universal for client and server) on Curse or here:

• Official Post

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• hi Chocohead

i tried to add advanced solar panel to our modpack Trilex Pack, i got a client crash for both ic2, version 87 and 93, i wanted to know where i should post them for you so you have more info?

if you have time to look at it, i know advanced solar panel is not complete yet, but i wanted to give you the bug report.

Thanks again

Your awesome, and ic2 is beautiful

• Official Post

If you put the crash on pastebin and put a link here I'll see what I can do.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• First i would like to thank you for bringing the mod to 1.10.2. But when i added it to the pack i get this crash http://pastebin.com/kr4Wnsqb and i had even removed the mod and started the server with the ic2 94 like you suggested on the site and it loads just fine. Also some of the textures are not working in game when playing in single-player.

• Official Post

But when i added it to the pack i get this crash http://pastebin.com/kr4Wnsqb and i had even removed the mod and started the server with the ic2 94 like you suggested on the site and it loads just fine.

That's an oversight to do with the way Java loads classes (separate to the 94 recommendation), that'll be fixed next version.

Also some of the textures are not working in game when playing in single-player.

Which ones?

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Could I have the whole server log file? I thought I'd definitely fixed that crash.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Can you be a bit more specific, that was the entire log we received when starting the server.

In the log folder there should be a file called fml-server-latest.log which should contain the whole game log.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

This is the file we sent you.

Oh, would've thought it would be longer than that. How about the crash-2016-10-25_18.25.10-server.txt in the crash-reports folder?

I see this too much.

• Oh, would've thought it would be longer than that. How about the crash-2016-10-25_18.25.10-server.txt in the crash-reports folder?

I've got a bud who is also a java developer, and he put something on the bottom of the first pastebin which he said might be able to help. Anyways here is the file.
    http://pastebin.com/2yYcAkXm

• Official Post

I've got a bud who is also a java developer, and he put something on the bottom of the first pastebin which he said might be able to help. Anyways here is the file.
    http://pastebin.com/2yYcAkXm

That looks like the same text as opposed to the actual crash file (as it should start with ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----), either way it's the gap between lines 3 and 5 that is of interest as that should have the line numbers of Advanced Solars that are trying to load the client side interface.

I see this too much.

• That looks like the same text as opposed to the actual crash file (as it should start with ---- Minecraft Crash Report ----), either way it's the gap between lines 3 and 5 that is of interest as that should have the line numbers of Advanced Solars that are trying to load the client side interface.

If you would like to talk with my bud here on discord you are welcome to it, he might be able to help. He also has access to the server.

• Official Post

If you would like to talk with my bud here on discord you are welcome to it, he might be able to help. He also has access to the server.

I have an idea what could be causing it, 4.0.2 will be out in a couple of minutes so you should try that.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Not within the hour, but the update fixed everything. Thanks for the help!

Excellent, remember to report anything weird you see playing as multiplayer interactions are quite untested. :)

I see this too much.