[IC2 Exp][1.10.x] Advanced Solar Panels v4.0.4 - Hey I remember that!

• I can confirm that some textures are not working in SP, did not test it in MP so far:

Sunnarium - advanced_solar_panels:crafting:0
    Sunnarium Part - advanced_solar_panels:crafting:1
    Sunnarium Alloy - advanced_solar_panels:crafting:2 - Name derp?
    Irradiant Uranium - advanced_solar_panels:crafting:3
    Enriched Sunnarium - advanced_solar_panels:crafting:4
    Sunnarium Alloy - advanced_solar_panels:crafting:5
    Quantum Core - advanced_solar_panels:crafting:13

so, I think everything around "advanced_solar_panels:crafting" has no texture atm.

• Official Post

Unix or Windows file system?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Hmmmm, that's quite strange then. I'm pretty sure it's a capitalisation thing as I forgot to do .toLowerCase on the enum names for the crafting items, but would've expected Unix to be upset whilst Windows handle it fine (in it's own not really handling it sensibly way ignoring case).

As a quick potential work around, you could try opening the jar and renaming assets/advanced_solar_panels/models/item/crafting to assets/advanced_solar_panels/models/item/CRAFTING, and seeing if that makes it any happier. It would be nice to know either way too, as it would prove that's the only problem or not.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Every solar panel in your mod seems to export its entire buffer all at once, overwhelming even the ev transformers. You can reproduce it by allowing the buffer in the solar panels to get over 8192 and hooking it up to anything that takes power. Tested with the latest version of your mod.

• ok, just for testing I did change only some of the file names:

enriched_sunnarium.json
    iridium_ingot.json
    sunnarium.json

to:
    Enriched_Sunnarium.json
    Iridium_ingot.json
    Sunnarium.json

This did not change anything. Changing the folder name from "crafting" to "CRAFTING" did also change nothing. More interesting is, that there are no forge warnings about missing textures in ALL my tested jars.

edit:

Some of the recipes are a bit strange.
    1x Ultimate SP -> 8x Hybrid SP?
    8x Hybrid SP + Adv. Circuit -> Ultimate SP ?
    1 Adv. Solar + Stuff -> Ultimate SP ?

A real recipe chain without a back conversion would be easier. The main problem is, that you can specify cool new configs, but you may need to stay at the upgrade ratio of 8 for EU production.
    Otherwise people may convert the solars back to more outcome at the end.

Example? I don't like massivly overpowered power generation:
    solars {
    I:AdvancedSPGenDay=8
    I:AdvancedSPGenNight=1
    I:AdvancedSPStorage=32000
    I:AdvancedSPTier=1

I:HybrydSPGenDay=32
    I:HybrydSPGenNight=4
    I:HybrydSPStorage=100000
    I:HybrydSPTier=2

I:UltimateHSPGenDay=128
    I:UltimateHSPGenNight=16
    I:UltimateHSPStorage=1000000
    I:UltimateHSPTier=2

I:QuantumSPGenDay=128
    I:QuantumSPGenNight=128
    I:QuantumSPStorage=10000000
    I:QuantumSPTier=2
    }

Now, with the current recipes I would build one Adv. Solar Panel, then build one Ultimate from the Adv. one. After that simply convert the Ultimate back to 8 hybrids.

So, maybe the recipes need some work there. I may use Minetweaker to adjust the recipes, but other may no do that. ;)

• I've fixed textures. I've renamed json files to UPPERCASE.

Althought I've decompiled mod and I don't know why it's exploiding. It's something with tiers, because there is wron MAX output power of solar panels, looks like there is powers from old IC2 tiers.

Here is file with fixed textures :D

• Official Post

Some of the recipes are a bit strange.
    1x Ultimate SP -> 8x Hybrid SP?
    8x Hybrid SP + Adv. Circuit -> Ultimate SP ?
    1 Adv. Solar + Stuff -> Ultimate SP ?

The recipes are exactly what SeNtiMeL had, I might have swapped an item or two around though which could cause balance issues (didn't think I did though).

A real recipe chain without a back conversion would be easier. The main problem is, that you can specify cool new configs, but you may need to stay at the upgrade ratio of 8 for EU production.
    Otherwise people may convert the solars back to more outcome at the end.

It's not new, ASP always had these config options. Set to the current default settings too.

Every solar panel in your mod seems to export its entire buffer all at once, overwhelming even the ev transformers. You can reproduce it by allowing the buffer in the solar panels to get over 8192 and hooking it up to anything that takes power. Tested with the latest version of your mod.

Ah yeah, that was an oversight with the way the enet measures tier now.

I've fixed textures. I've renamed json files to UPPERCASE.

It was either the folder they were in or the json files themselves, now we know.

I'll release a version fixing both the textures and the tier thing shortly.

I see this too much.

Edited once, last by Chocohead: Those can be fixed. ().

• YEH! I've found the bug with explosions. But I can't fix it at all withouth source. For two nights I've been sitting and editing bytecode to fix it.
    And finally I found it!

If author place source to git, it will be awesome! :thumbup:

• Official Post

4.0.3 is released, fixing the explosions and hopefully fully fixing the texture problems too.

I see this too much.

• I will give it a try :)

Textures are a thing now. I will ajust the recipes myself, so don't worry about it.

• Official Post

Hi! Just want to submit bug report. Minecraft crashes when you break Molecular Transformer with IC2 drill.
    here is crash report:
    http://pastebin.com/W0d5tTTf

Fixed in v4.04 (that should be on Curse shortly)

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Why quantum solar panels the max output 2048 EU/t ?

They always have done, but you can change it in the config if you want a different output.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

This mod will work on version 1.7.10 ?

No, but the older version will.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Can you give me source ?
    This version have a bug.
    In multiplayer show a local configuration file, but not server config (AdvancedSolarPanel_MTRecipes.cfg)

I don't have the source for the 1.7.10 version, your best bet is decompiling it yourself with something like JD GUI. I thought it did generate both configs though.

I see this too much.