removing IC2 recipies

• Hello, I need to customize my modpack recipes and change some ic2 recipes for sake of game balance.
    I found that there is no recipe removal supported by minetweaker, however there is something like 'remove ic2 recipe list' in ic2 config file.
    Unfortunately I didn't observed any change for items added to this list.
    Is this feature supported for industrialcraft-2-2.2.826-experimental ?

• Official Post

You have two options you could try. The first is put the outputs of the recipes you want to disable on the disable= parts of the [recipes] section of the config file. The other is to copy the shaped_recipes.ini (or shapeless_recipes.ini depending on what you're doing) from the IC2 jar and put it in a subfolder in the config folder called ic2. Any changes you make to it in there (which in your case would be removing recipes from it) will be used instead of the one in the jar.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• You have two options you could try. The first is put the outputs of the recipes you want to disable on the disable= parts of the [recipes] section of the config file. The other is to copy the shaped_recipes.ini (or shapeless_recipes.ini depending on what you're doing) from the IC2 jar and put it in a subfolder in the config folder called ic2. Any changes you make to it in there (which in your case would be removing recipes from it) will be used instead of the one in the jar.

First option doesn't work, I tried to put disable = "IC2:itemPlates@5" and got fatal error 'no such item'.

Nevertheless, second method is great, I didn't know that are ini files inside jar (main .ini file instructions were unclear),
    thank you very much for clarification.

Now I understand, why there is no minetweaker support for removing existing recipes.
    These ini files are much more convenient way and probably faster on startup.