Did something change regarding power generation, esp. cable losses?

• So my previous version was 2.7.12 and I just updated to 2.7.22. However, my solar setup is now outputting a fraction of what it was before.

I'm aware the tin cables say they lose .2 EU/t per block but I noted I didn't have any losses until 5 cables, so they were all hooked to lengths of 4 cables with no loss. I'm aware this was kind of "gamey" but it was working.

Now, however, my solar panels have a fraction of the efficiency. When a solar panel is directly attached to a batbox, they output .6 mEU. One length of tin/copper, and it drops to .4. 2 pieces of cable, .2. 3, and I receive no output.

Is this working as intended? Can you just not use solar until you have glass fiber? That seems to be the only cable that would be capable of actually forming a network without immense losses. Of course, even with glass cables, the starting output is only .6, which is a 40 percent reduction from the previous patch. Were they just nerfed?

• Official Post

I just pushed a fix for the extra source/sink loss, which should fix the -.2 EU on extraction and insertion.

Most of the change comes from everything using floating point numbers now, which no longer suppresses the fractional loss. How much of that is desired for gameplay reasons is TBD, we may consider ignoring the loss or making that a config option.

• If I observe the three batboxes in my base that feed power into my basic machines, I notice the following: from one batbox to the next, energy is transferred in batches of 32, like I would expect - even if the input from power generation is lower than 32 EU/t. The batbox waits until it can assemble a full batch to send. However, if a batbox transmits to a machine that is topped off but currently processing, it makes an effort to replace every single missing energy unit instantly. It doesn't wait until it can send a batch of 32. I have a macerator that is 4 blocks away from the batbox that feeds it; it runs at 2 EU/t, and the batbox replenishes it to full every single tick.

So, do I understand correctly that the batbox sends one 2.8 EU packet every tick to the macerator, which receives 2 EU/t after accounting for cable losses? And because the batbox does this instead of sending full batches of 32 EU, I have a whopping 40% energy loss over just four cables?

If yes, is there any way to force the batbox to only send out full batches?

• Thanks for the explanation! I can't check the mod version right now since I'm not home, but the modpack I'm using last updated its mods on June 20th, a couple days before I downloaded it. Browsing the IC2 Curseforge, it seems the most likely candidate is industrialcraft-2-2.6.234-ex110.

Want me to test this with a specific newer version?

• With the 190th build or in that range Player "Improved" (what a bullshit) the Energy net and gave up one of the most important features of IC2.

Equal destribution. On top of that that new enet was forced to now longer allow overflowing as player states. From what I remember. He could have changed that in the time its a long time since I lookt into ic2exps source...

But basically I still state: The energynet of Exp is broken.

• Official Post

With the 190th build or in that range Player "Improved" (what a bullshit) the Energy net and gave up one of the most important features of IC2.

Equal destribution. On top of that that new enet was forced to now longer allow overflowing as player states. From what I remember. He could have changed that in the time its a long time since I lookt into ic2exps source...

But basically I still state: The energynet of Exp is broken.

Did something break, or why did Speigers Post need approval?