G1R Warcraft: IC2, project red, guns, ICBM, gregtech & much more!

• THIS war, I plan to participate in. Hope I can get in on a team before at least 7 pm, otherwise I'm screwed. Also, about the Broville delete, what will happen to players on those chunks? Will they respawn at the spawn with an empty inventory? Please say no, I found a secret lab type place decorated with iron blocks and I have almost a full stack of them now. Don't want to lose that.
    Also, I'm probably completely mistaken, but I think I saw a "server" download on SDK's page for 1.1. To get SDK's guns back... I salivate. OK, nevermind. That sounded creepy as all heck.

• Yes sgt you are correct, sdk is back! However there is two problems: 1. He designed his own version of mploader which is not compatible with the one the rest of the mods use 2. His mod is not ported to bukkit yet but SDK said he will do it himself. He even mentioned that his gun mod wont be compatible with the rest of the mods we use until 1.2. So, instead of updating to 1.1 and getting...well I'm not sure really a bunch of novelty crap...I'm just going to wait for 1.2 and finally get use guns and....

TURRETS!!

And I did something pretty radical...I think you guys will like it though. Generators are set to 250 eu/t. Their fuels are boosted by the same multiplier. This makes farming, burning coal and making fuel well well worth it. This should also enable massive UU factories to make decent quantities of all needed supplies. Obviously this will be even better when we update to 1.2 and roll the nerfs back. However there is a catch - I'm doing this largely to eliminate the need to make scrap, if I find big scrap makers I will delete them. The mechanic is pointless and just generates lag so I decided to cut it out of the equation by making EU ridiculously easy to get. I may even boost it more in the future depending on feedback. Note that geo's have recieved a huge boost too, about 100 eu/t. All other gens are the same.

Quantum leggings are now gone too.

Now I will be preventing cactus farming so don't go building those everywhere. I suggest using forestry to make treefarms and make the logs into charcoal.

I have also decided to phase shields out, cause the ability to bring them down with chicken eggs makes them a pointless investment trap. Just use teslas, if you wire them with HV and pump as much EU into them as possible they will target players 40 blocks away and fry them instantly.

Obviously combat in minecraft is a tenuous ordeal. Issues like theifs and griefers already make this game tricky enough, but adding total war to that compounds problems. It seems that the source of the issue mostly revolves around how long it takes to do anything (mine, build, whatever). By reducing the amount of time needed for those tasks im hoping to encourage combat and reduce stress. I mean, when you play unreal or TFC do you sweat from dying much or rage quit from losing one match? No, cause you have invested no time into the game, there is no significant loss. On the other hand if you play in a MC war server you will likely invest hundreds of hours to get decent equipment and a good setup to keep you supplied with armor and ammo indefinetly, so losing that setup would probably piss you off really bad and make you not want to play. I want to find the medium between these polar opposites. A reasonable investment of time and/or a large group working together should be enough to let you compete nearly indefinetly.

Also, I designed this server for people who wanted to jump into a war server, have a team that offers them enough to at least fight in wars, make friends and pretty much fight all the time. I intended there to be as little building as possible. Fortifications and factories are really all you need. I did not want people having to spend 40 hours before they can compete, or form sub-teams, or go off on their own and not talk to anyone or participate in anything. I did not want one group continuously dominating the other cause they spend 10x more time in the game, basically controlling the server and making it impossible or useless to even play. I want success to be determined by how good of a leader you are or how well you prepare strategies, whether or not you can plan things out and marshall enough people to actually follow the plan; by how well you shoot or how well disguised your traps are or how well you fly or sneak. This is not a competition between basement dwellers and casual players. Success here will be determined by your combat merit not how many hours you can drop into this. Your success will also be determined by your ability to work with others and cooperate with them. This is not an aspie friendly server which values rugged individualism or vast private holdings. This is meant for socially adept people who don't have an aversion towards other humans. The friendlier you are the more likely you are to be part of a cohesive group, and cohesive groups always pound the shit out of individuals.

However, the resource we are shortest on is leadership, and the only thing I can think of to change that is to give reps the power to kick people off teams or ban them. I will also be getting rid of mining lasers (#1 tool of choice for griefers) and giving every player the power to use /sw (the tool for checking to see who broke a block or accessed a chest). If i find people abusing those powers they will lose them or be banned. That being said I'm looking for 2 responsible, trustworthy people on each team for me to give those powers too. They will finally have total control of their teams but they will be expected to actually lead not just wield the power to ban. I am also willing to make sub-regions within capitols where no one but a rep or leader can build, so that once factories are built they can be protected from tampering or griefing. Obviously during war the other team can still target them, but at least you wont have to worry about people who you should be able to trust.

• ~~ Recyclers and Scrap ~~

~ Variables ~

Generator Output = 250 eu/t.

25x More eu/burnable.

20 ticks/second.

1 Scrap = 21750.

Recycler = 480 eu/use.

Recycler = 28800 eu/stack.

Recycler = 12.5% chance.

Recycler = 8 Scrap/stack.

Block Breaker = 1 use/15 seconds.
    (16 seconds because of a bug where you need to send a pulse before they update.)
    (Due To BrickedKeyboard's coding, Which is a problem.)

~ Math ~

21750(Scrap) x 8(Scrap/stack) = 174000 eu.

174000(Burnable:eu/stackofcobble) - 28800(Recycler:eu/stackofcobble) = 145200.

Net Gain of 145200 eu.

174000(Burnable:eu/stackofcobble) / 28800(Recycler:eu/stackofcobble) = 6.0416667...

Therefore, you gain 160.4% more eu than you had before.

~ Setup ~

-32 Block Breakers.

-4 Recyclers.

-1 Generator.

~ Other Calculations ~

32 Cobble every 16 seconds = 2 cobble/second.

64 Cobble every 32 seconds = 8 scrap/32seconds = 1 scrap/4seconds.

21750eu(scrap) / 250 eu/t(GeneratorOutput) = 87t(ticks).

87t / 20t/s = 4.35 seconds.

ScrapBurnTime = 4.35 seconds.

So that 25x more burnable thing kinda screwed up recycler's nerfs.
    I suggest you just remove recyclers all together lol, or nerf them to like 100 eu/t.

• Dean I am aware of that and my solution is to prevent the flow of lava. Recyclers could still be used but you would actually only be using them to dispose of unwanted stuff, not just producing cobble en masse and feeding them that. I also will be disabling cactus farms, so use forestry or at worst, sugarcane piston farms.

And joon, if you reading this, sorry about being a dick the other day. There is just an important difference between wanting blue team to lose and not wanting them to exist at all. A war server with one side is just a fucked up looking free build server. Encouraging people to betray their team will just get that person banned, as xnotaze was.

• I'm looking at the math now, and trying to find a good solution of nerfs, but can we not make recycler's ability to produce scrap next to none? I have a recycler on my SSP world (not yet on here because I haven't gotten totally situated yet) for the sole purpose of a random scrap box of the day in honor of CocoSmackdown for introducing me to IC. Maybe nerf the recyclers to produce 1/8 the scrap (to ~every 50 items makes 1 scrap), make scrap run for an 8x shorter period in a MassFab, and change the recipe for scrapboxes to 1 or 2 scrap? Not a whole lot of logic put into that put it just sprang to mind.
    Also, about the generator buff: So they now output 250 EU/t, but for the same amount of time, thus 25x more EU per coal, or do they output 250 EU/t, but coal burns in a 25x shorter time amount, thus the same EU in less time? Which is it? Because if it's the first one, I might also have to do the work for how much equivalent EU it would take to run a tree farm with Forestry (arborteum, logger, maybe forester) to see how to get my power setup to work.

Another weird, imbalanced idea: everyone is assigned a single power storage unit (they have to supply a BatBox, MFE, or MFSU) and for every kill they get, they get a certain amount of EU deposited in their storage unit? Like 500 for a person, 50 for a monster, and 5 for an animal? And to make it even more crazy, then when you kill someone, you get 1/2 or 1/4 of the energy they racked up in the killing spree they had that life? Maybe that wouldn't work for normal play, it would be an INSANE game type to play for a war. No clue how the energy would be deposited in your power storage unit, though. I just wanted to throw that out for people to chew on, dissect, and spit out saying how disgusting it tastes. ^^

And one last thing: from the amount of bugs in the latest snapshot due to the new 256-high map format, I fear for all of my mods. I get this funny feeling that it's going to take just a TAD more time for them to update to 1.2. So about SDK updating to 1.2 before we pick up his mods- He has not updated for the strangest things in the past, so something this huge might put a bit of a damper on his update speed, or stop him from updating at all.

• I'm looking at the math now, and trying to find a good solution of nerfs, but can we not make recycler's ability to produce scrap next to none? I have a recycler on my SSP world (not yet on here because I haven't gotten totally situated yet) for the sole purpose of a random scrap box of the day in honor of CocoSmackdown for introducing me to IC. Maybe nerf the recyclers to produce 1/8 the scrap (to ~every 50 items makes 1 scrap), make scrap run for an 8x shorter period in a MassFab, and change the recipe for scrapboxes to 1 or 2 scrap? Not a whole lot of logic put into that put it just sprang to mind.
    Also, about the generator buff: So they now output 250 EU/t, but for the same amount of time, thus 25x more EU per coal, or do they output 250 EU/t, but coal burns in a 25x shorter time amount, thus the same EU in less time? Which is it? Because if it's the first one, I might also have to do the work for how much equivalent EU it would take to run a tree farm with Forestry (arborteum, logger, maybe forester) to see how to get my power setup to work.

The ideas you have would be feasable IF I could program and make those changes. But I cant and even if I could it would be easier to just prevent lava flow in worldguard. Also, the whole process of making scrap usually involves big factories that make lag which is one of the main reasons I want that system gone. Note that you can still run recyclers and things, you just dont have an infinite source of matter to draw from, or if you do (piston farming reeds) making it will take much more time and occupy a bigger footprint.

And the generator buff applies to all fuels as well as the generators output as well. They all now release 25 times more energy. So whatever value the fuels are listed as on the wiki multiply that by 25. Yes, its an insane amount of energy. However, I have expounded in a previous post my rationale for this immense bonus, and others have backed up that decision.

While SDK has a history of being absent it seems he is refreshed and more determined this time around. Even if he doesnt update there are many more gun mods now then ever before, and MMW looks like its back and better then before. The only thing that concerns me about 1.2 is the potential loss of our map. If that is the case then I will probably copy over the capitols to a new map. Either way this is all probably a month or more away, so relax for now.

• D: SDK removed Forge from his mods... There goes compatibility with everything... But I didn't actually check if it's no longer using Forge or actually incompatible. However, if it's just no longer using Forge, then the problems we'd run into getting it to work on IW would be due to running out of sprite indices.

Dean: My username is sgtchuckle117.

• Well hopefully industrial conflict will be finished when we port to 1.2. Otherwise we will be stuck with shitty ww2 guns until its ready. Really, I would much rather have alblakas weapon mod anyway, better integration into the other systems we're already using. That and he has an established record of reliability, something apparently sorely lacking among many other modders. I'm also seriously considering dropping buildcraft come 1.2. We already have most of that mod blocked for lag reasons. I'm gonna try quarries again tonight to see how they work out. But really, BC is becoming redundant anyway. Let me know how you guys feel about it. If enough people like/use it we will keep it around, otherwise its gone.

• I say drop BC. I think that out of all of the auto-systems I've seen so far, 1 out of 12 of them was using Buildcraft pipes, and probably only because they never learned how to use RP tubes. And quarries? Bleh, they're lag beasts and there are only 2 reasons you would run them:

• You need to fill a couple dozen chests with cobble. In that case, build a cobble generator with RP Block Breakers. It would be more efficient for you AND the server, and get done in less space, time and effort.
    • You want ore. In that case, stop being a lazy bitch and get your American ass off the couch, get in the mines, and diggy diggy a f**king hole with your drill. Geez.

I mean, all we'd lose would be autocrafters, but how many people need them for a war server? You can't even mass-produce guns because of Flan's stupid Gun Crafting Bench.
    Also, speaking of mods to drop, I have NEVER seen a single person using a plane, seen a plane crafting bench, or seen plane parts in chests. Why not just free up some ID's by getting rid of all of Flan's mods?

• I say drop BC. I think that out of all of the auto-systems I've seen so far, 1 out of 12 of them was using Buildcraft pipes, and probably only because they never learned how to use RP tubes. And quarries? Bleh, they're lag beasts and there are only 2 reasons you would run them:

• You need to fill a couple dozen chests with cobble. In that case, build a cobble generator with RP Block Breakers. It would be more efficient for you AND the server, and get done in less space, time and effort.
    • You want ore. In that case, stop being a lazy bitch and get your American ass off the couch, get in the mines, and diggy diggy a f**king hole with your drill. Geez.

I mean, all we'd lose would be autocrafters, but how many people need them for a war server? You can't even mass-produce guns because of Flan's stupid Gun Crafting Bench.
    Also, speaking of mods to drop, I have NEVER seen a single person using a plane, seen a plane crafting bench, or seen plane parts in chests. Why not just free up some ID's by getting rid of all of Flan's mods?

Thanks for weighing in. Hopefully eloraam will have a way to auto-craft things, though at this point it seems like shes holding out to protect what little value BC has left, though I dont know why anyone wouldnt see the value in replacing two mods with one. Maybe someone should make a mod with just an auto-crafting table? And I disabled the ability to auto-generate cobble cause people reallllly, reallly took it to far even before fuels were buffed. Thats sort of a moot point though cause frames will enable the RP equivalent of quarries. And chuckle if you have'nt seen people using planes or plane parts or benches you have'nt been on enough. I see them everywhere and bombers have been used in just about every war. There are even dedicated pilots, runways, hangers, and air forces, and I see plane parts in almost every safe I look into. Also, if we are stuck with ww2 guns I'm gonna get a plugin to make recipes for all the guns and ammo.

And can anyone tell me why there are hard coded limits on the amount of EU a geo or watermill can put out? Watermills are capped at 100 and I'm not sure what geos are capped at but none of the settings I have put them at are working and since those limits arent published its trial and error.

• Hey, how come there are like no roses in the whole world? I haven't checked the BroVille Shop (I don't know if they are there) but if they aren't there, if you could add them or sell bonemeal or something.

Also, could you post what towns are owned by which team? I would like to know as I can't seem to memorize them... Lol.

Looking foward to these interesting wars.

• Hey, how come there are like no roses in the whole world? I haven't checked the BroVille Shop (I don't know if they are there) but if they aren't there, if you could add them or sell bonemeal or something.

Also, could you post what towns are owned by which team? I would like to know as I can't seem to memorize them... Lol.

Looking foward to these interesting wars.

The shop does sell bones.

Mensrea: Could you set my location to somewhere significantly far away from where it is now? Something went horribly, horribly wrong, if you catch my drift.