G1R Warcraft: IC2, project red, guns, ICBM, gregtech & much more!

• Hopefully they port redpower soon cause its been 4 days since that post about it. I seriously can't wait for this server to be back up. Honestly nothing can really compare to this server

What I want to know is why it is necessary to wait at all

From Eloraam.com

“Bukkit…” Full stop. The first rule of me allowing a Bukkit port (which I granted Maeyanie, and only Maeyanie, the permission to do) is: We don’t talk about Bukkit. Guess what the second rule is? And the third?

which I granted Maeyanie, and only Maeyanie, the permission to do

didn't Eloraam give permission through this?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• didn't Eloraam give permission through this?

One would think so...seems kind of arbitrary to wait...maybe there is strict quality control?

And damnnnn time, nice skins on the abrams. I definitely want modern vehicles and planes. The ww2 stuff is too retro. I actually want some skins and guns + recipes that match IC2's theme. And it's also nice to see hyperlite supporting you. Your little spy on red..

• wait was hyperlite on the server, did I forget, whoa I had no idea this whole time

also manus has modern vechical content pack already out

but the jets guns would need some changing for balance

• now there's a bunch of different packs but I can mash them to gather to make a idea modern warfare type pack
    but this would be only for this server

• One way or another, the old system of having to come on here and declare war to attack a town will be discarded in favor of more fun and dynamic systems.

Capitols will no longer exist either way. Teams will now have planets that are linked to the hub world by portals. Under normal conditions, reds wont be able to travel to blues planet and vice versa. Gaining access to an opposing teams portal will have requirements. As for those requirements, I have two ideas in mind. They both would rely on towny and its war system. They are as follows:

1. There are 5 locations and a central location. The central location is a portal complex which features numerous portals. The portals can be directed to dial up a portal on any teams planet, allowing invasions to occur. The portals need power to work, though. The only way to get power is to accumulate it by capturing land in those 5 points. To capture land you would have to occupy it. The land has "health points" which are drained when someone from the other team stands on it for so long. After the lands "health" reaches 0, it becomes the property of the team occupying it and that team is awarded power points. Players would be able to capture land to accumulate points at any time. After a team accumulates so many power points, they can redirect the power to the portal complex and use it to open a gate to their enemies homeworld. However, the gate needs a certain amount of time to power up and can only be used during certain periods. The gate will also cease to function after its power runs down and the whole process will have to be repeated.

tl;dr - You can accumulate points by capping towns at any time but you still have to make a formal decleration to invade a homeworld, and you have to have a certain amount of points from town capping to afford to do that. The portal stays open for a certain amount of time then closes, requiring more points to be accumulated to activate again.

2. Each team (2) owns about one third of the hub map, which is divided into towny plots. The teams plots will be situated in the corners of the hub map, with their portal rooms at the very edge of the map corner so that there are numerous plots to act as a buffer between the wilds and the portal block. The team leaders can declare war at any time, thereby allowing their team to start claiming the other teams plots. To claim the plots you must place down a flag and keep it intact for a certain period of time. After the time period elapses the plot would come under the control of your team. The team would be unable to claim plots on the interior; they have to start at the plots bordering the wilds and work their way in. Once they have worked their way to the portal block they will be able to claim the plot which has the portal chamber. Once that plot is under their control they will be able to use the portal to their enemies homeworld freely, until it is taken back off them. However, to prevent that lone guy from Slovakia from beating an entire team at 5 AM with a wooden sword,
    teams will not be able to claim plots unless X amount of people on the opposing team are online.

tl;dr - You have to claim territory by placing flags on it. After you claim all the territory leading up to the other teams portal block, you can capture the portal block and use it to travel to that teams homeworld. The only way that team can keep you off their homeworld is to take the portal block back. Teams have to have so many people online before territory can be claimed.

Option 1 still uses the forum decleration to a very limited extent. Option 2 does not but requires a certain number of players to be in game before you can capture plots off them. I'm in favor of option 1 due to the fact that with option 2 a weak or unlucky team could be completely dominated with no respite to build up their strength. However, option 2 doesnt involve as much gimmickery and is more like real war (capturing all the territory leading up to a nations capitol and having to take and hold that capitol with an occupation force).

Weighing in here for input and to see what you guys might prefer.

• now there's a bunch of different packs but I can mash them to gather to make a idea modern warfare type pack
    but this would be only for this server

Yes please do. We also dont need a zillion different guns that do the same thing and use different ammo types, nor do we need "Russian" or " 'murikan" guns. All we really need is:

pistol (10 mm fallout style?)
    smg (10 mm fallout style?)
    shotgun (12 or 10 gauge)
    semi rifle(.223)
    assault rifle(.223)
    battle rifle (auto .308)
    machine gun (infantry; .223 or .308)
    heavy machine gun (emplacement; .50)
    anti-personel sniper (.338 lapua or .308)
    anti-material sniper (.50)
    rocket launcher
    grenade launcher

..and they can be generic, made up, or modeled off real guns. Doesnt matter as long as we can still alter the bullet damage and velocity. It would be a bonus if these had different ammo types, clip sizes and attachments like ACOGS, silencers and bayonets.

Later on I want to implement super weapons, like Gauss rifles, miniguns or space marine bolters (rocket propelled armor piercing exploding tip bullets anyone?), but please don't develop those now cause super weapons will be paired with events and will have special construction requirements.

As for vehicles would be nice to have an APC in addition to the jeep and battle tank. Also want to get rid of the prop planes and use jets; perhaps an interceptor, fighter-bomber, and bomber model.

• Now my content pack aren't just re-skins of the same gun, some assault rifles vary between accuracy and rate of fire, recoil and damage that also goes with the smgs like the bizon has a higher mag but lower damage while the ak74u has higher damage but lower accuracy and rapid fire, and the Russian guns aren't re-skins of the US and vice versa there all quite different

Also it has all the things you listed with extra like an automatic rife and dmrs,
    and silencers don't really work that much, well maybe if I had a really quite gunshot that didn't echo as far like the rest,
    and there really isn't an option to in-cress the speed of the bullet cause if there was I would of ,they are really slow.

and the only packs that are 1.4.6 are Mauns and Stans and I'll add the F22, A10, Lepored, some German apc, some Indian MBT, c-130, Humvee, and maybe helis, like the cobra and black hawk
    ,unfortunately the Russian pack is in 1.2.5 and doesn't work there is also a Russian bomber in Maunes pack but i can't seem to enter it though I don't know why?

• Men's I love the server idea. It sounds so fucking awesome. I agree with you on the option one cause like you said I'd rather not have someone from halfway across the world go in and capture the base while everyone from the us is asleep. I honestly can't wait for this server now

• Also it has all the things you listed with extra like an automatic rife and dmrs,
    and silencers don't really work that much, well maybe if I had a really quite gunshot that didn't echo as far like the rest,
    and there really isn't an option to in-cress the speed of the bullet cause if there was I would of ,they are really slow.

You can increase the velocity for any gun, but you have to add a line in the file cause flan didnt include it in all his guns. Look at the file for his crossbow and you will see that it has a line to determine velocity. You can copy that to any other gun and alter the velocity. I did some !SCIENCE! and set the BAR to a velocity of 40; I will have to send you the file to get on my test server to see for yourself but its basically a real gun now. Further alteration of accuracy means the bullet actually goes where you want it to, with a tiny margin of error programmed in intentionally. I set the .50 to a velocity of 60 but havent tested it yet; I'm afraid it might tear a hole in the space/time continuum.

Also, keep in mind that I'm actually going with a theme this time: planetary war in the far, far future. It will be loosely based off Warhammer 40k. So the varience in guns is unnecessary and will break immersion. The technology will have advanced enough that one assualt rifle will have the best features of several, making more than one redundant. Also, one gun can have clips of different sizes, for instance drum magazines vs. clips. And the only thing that should determine how much damage a weapon does or how fast its rounds travel is the caliber. A .223 semi will do the same amount of damage and have the same velocity as a .223 auto, but the auto will have a higher rate of fire. As long as barrels are the same length and rifled to the same quality accuracy also wont be any different. Recoil should be determined by the strength of the round and the weight of the gun, as heavier guns have less kick. Finally, having as few types of ammo as possible is a good thing. It's much easier to keep fighting when you can use the ammo of the guy you just killed, which isnt possible if he's using an AK74 and your using an FN-FAL or M16.

EDIT: Was thinking about the justification for having an SMG at all given what I just wrote and determined that due to the size of the gun when zoomed in the ACOG should clutter up the screen much, much less, making it easier to look around while zoomed in for CQB/urban warfare.

• Men's I love the server idea. It sounds so fucking awesome. I agree with you on the option one cause like you said I'd rather not have someone from halfway across the world go in and capture the base while everyone from the us is asleep. I honestly can't wait for this server now

Thanks Keebes I appreciate that. And yes, I'm pretty excited to. If red-power is not ported by a certain point in time I'm just gonna start up without it and add it later. Greg-tech can automate things anyway, we just wont have frames right away.

Imagine: combat between frame ships with .50 cals mounted on the decks. Or, frame ship aircraft carriers. Or, when ICBM gets ported, frame ship aircraft carriers with launchable chemical weapon tipped cruise missiles (shadow complex!).

• This is awesome. Also, can Flan's mod work with IC2 and the others? It would be amazing if it could, I remember talking about smp flan's on this server months ago. Also, will you be on a team? It would be nice to get red team back together...

• I think I have some futureish gun I made form another texture pack

the group of 6 that look similar are just 3 set of varyents for the assault rife and mg

and the other are from top to bottem on right side
    a plasma launcher a sniper and a pistol

• ...Also, can Flan's mod work with IC2 and the others? It would be amazing if it could, I remember talking about smp flan's on this server months ago...

Yes it can. I have a test server running IC2, greg-tech, redpower and flans. All the mods are bukkit ready except red-power, which should be ready, but is apparently not due to some bureaucratic hold up of sorts.

.. Also, will you be on a team? It would be nice to get red team back together...

I agree. I had a lot of fun getting my ass kicked by MantaRayMatt and working with you guys to fight terrorismand further the glory of the coalition of the willing. However, due to having to be an admin now, I can't play. On the other hand I will be able to dedicate my time to building bad ass dystopian cities and locales (something I legit enjoy) for you guys to loot and fight in, so it should be a win-win.

Time: I love those skins and hope you grant me permission to use them. Very nice work man. Curious to see if you can make a tank skin that actually lets the driver see. I don't know if you have tried it out yet but actually trying to drive the tank is nearly impossible because of the tiny little viewing window in it (refering to the ww2 pack; havent used the modern one yet so it may be different).

• First of all, FUCK YEAH
    Second of all, Shniggle and I have been playing on Feed the Beast for a while now and it has some dope-ass mods. Gregtech makes IC2 challenging again and should definitely be added; it suits the server perfectly. MFFS has been updated and is extremely useful. Forestry and Railcraft have both been updated to the point that you can do amazing things with them(Forestry adds alternative, green power that is a good combination with Gregtech). Thaumcraft is pretty interesting, but I know you hate magic-mods(haha). Computercraft is amazing, its turtles can do many tasks.
    Basically, we should have some of the mods that are in the FTB pack because they work well together.
    It's good to have you back and I will look forward to playing on Industrial War once again.

• Dean as much as i love you you are retarded. Look back a page maybe
    As far as mods go, these are what I plan to have:

Industrial Craft 2
    Red-Power 2
    Greg-tech (this mod inspired me to come back, this guy knows his shit and is on top of the problems other modders disregard)
    Flans mods (will probabaly start with ww2 and modern weapons pack, but want to make a custom content pack more in tune with future weapons & vehicles)
    Compact Solars
    Nuclear Control
    ICBM mod (will change the recipes to use IC2 components)
    MFFS Forcefield thing (as long as it is no longer plagued by terrible server destroying bugs)
    Anything that adds turrets, landmines or fightin' robots

• Ok so i Asked maeyanie if she knows when redpower 2 port will be released and this is her answer.....
    Unfortunately my best crystal ball is currently in the shop and I can't predict the future with much accuracy.
    The best I can say is "hopefully soon."

• we should have some of the mods that are in the FTB pack because they work well together.

I don't know, I kind of had a fuster cluck feel when I played with it, and sometimes the server lag was practically unbearable, they are all good mods, but I don't know if that many belong in a pack together.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Given how I enjoy augmenting the economy to encourage combat it's unlikely that you will need forestry. As always, railcraft will have questionable utility cause any rail line would just get blown up anyway (with obsidian being subject to raids by highwaymen). Also, planes make rails obsolete. Did I mention we will have some kind of mod or plugin that will let you chop trees down by breaking the bottom block? I wouldnt mind getting computer craft but I have read some horror stories about lag and the turtles are wayy to cheap. Frame quarries will be enough. Plus I will be bringing back the old school mines on the hub world; more to fight over.

I'm sure whatever reason redpower has not been released is a good one, considering that updates have been consistent in the past. Like I said though, its not entirely necessary, frames can wait and RP ores can be bought in shops. I will hold out for a little and then bring it up regardless cause as things are all the mods and plugins are getting along.