Copper wire vs Tin wire (same LOSE? O.o)

• Hi, i've installed the mod 4 days ago and i'm playing with some friends doing the wiki tutorial first steeps. After reaching solar panel production i read that tin wire are the best way to connect solar panels with batboxx etc since they have a 40 blocks loss. However when i put my mouse on the wire it says loss 0.20 and is the same as a copper wire (the only diference is EU/t which copper is 128 and tin 32). I don't know if that number is bugged and is 0.025 or in this last version changed? Playing on IC2 1.11.2.

Thanks for your atention

• Official Post

The wiki is using the old value, tin cable has had 0.2 EU/block loss for years now.

Your best bet is to connect all the solar panels around sides of an LV-transformer then up transform using it so that there's as little loss as possible. Remember to use copper cables if you do choose do this (as it's now at 128 EU packets), and down transform with another LV-transformer if it's going into a batbox. Ideally there'd be an ULV-transformer for doing the same process but still having 32 EU packets, but there isn't so unless you put the solars all around a batbox (which is another viable solution, although uses more tin and redstone compared to transformers), it's about as good as you're going to get.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• And which source of power do u recomend? we have geenrators we are using coal but we ran aout of it as we are using tons of coal :' we want to have an alternative source and it seems that solar panels are too slow producing energy ;S

• Official Post

It's quite situational depending what you have around. If there's lava near by, then geothermal generators can be quite good. If there's a deep river or ocean, water turbines are good, so long as you have the iron (or carbon fibre) for the rotors. If you're quite high up, wind turbines are very good, but quite a lot of power can be lost if you're not. Solars are windmills are good for passively generating power over time, but are normally too slow for much else without power storage. Eventually you'll want to aim for nuclear power, but that's later game then you are at the moment.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.