Question: What's the plan for fixing EC Manipulators?

• I realize Alblaka is an almighty and powerful benevolent developer, but does anyone know his plans for fixing EC Manipulators in SMP? I can't build large power stations if I can't detect what the current is. I'd be shooting in the dark.

This bug undermines about half of the mod as far as I'm concerned. The rest is just a few weapons and tools that can be found in any other mod, plus an "experimental" suit that's never come out of beta.

I'm very glad to see MedievalCraft has had such a huge successful launch. Maybe IndustrialCraft can get worked on again some day or better yet, released to the community.

Another question, how is everyone else working around this bug? Are you guys just sucking it up and laying cable by memory?

Thanks in advance,
    -cheap

• The way I am currently getting around the EC problem is this:
    on SSP I build the design using TooManyItems and then I alter the flow to match my needs. Then I assemble the design on my server and set everything up based on the design I did in SSP. Also I have a chart in my industrial complex that shows what the end EU is based on a 5 cable wire, which is how I layout most of my stuff. It has been working well for me, and hopefully Alblaka will come up with a work around to the SMP problem.

• Official Post

I've coded a fix for the EC Manipulator. I couldn't yet test it on a server, but there's no reason why it shouldn't. Except for MULTIPLE people trying to measure current at once XD

• I've coded a fix for the EC Manipulator. I couldn't yet test it on a server, but there's no reason why it shouldn't. Except for MULTIPLE people trying to measure current at once XD

From just spending about 20 minutes checking out my old world under the latest version it appears that ECM's aren't working still. Very occasionally I'll see a reading under the Long setting, but nothing under Short. I'll test more tomorrow, record a video if possible.

BTW: MFE meter GUI looks like its working great again, once I replaced it. So maybe I need to do that with my gens and/or cables.