RECYCLING! Automated Scrapbox/dispenser Factory

• As of EE v 5.30 this is out of date, and no. I will not be making an updated version any time soon

Well here after reading on the wiki that the % chance of attaining the various items was "N/A"
    after the 1.15 patch came out with dispensers using Scrapboxes I decided to measure the numbers of what I got from 20 000 scrapboxes:

This is the base Dispenser/collection array:

20 sets of chest/dispenser with obsidian pipes in-front of them to suck up the items produced each chest has 1000 scrapboxes inside

Here is a pic of the other end, the sorting and storage:

the hardest part was storing the unstackable items (I had to constantly baby sit 4 of the 5 storage areas)

Numbers of the collected items seem to be relatively even, except fro dirt which seems to get 2x the chance compared to the rest of the items,
    There are 32 seperate items and blocks which you may recive from a scrapbox these are (percentages are worked out using 193 as a base 1%):

wooden Hoe: 543 (2.81%)
    Sign: 514 (2.66%)
    Dirt:1177 (6.09%) (double chance?)
    golden helmet: 440 (2.27%)
    Leather: 574 (2.97%)
    Minecart: 521 (2.69%)
    Grass: 557
    Pumpkin:
    Sandstone:
    Soulsand:
    Netherrack:
    Plantball:
    Slimeball: 577 (2.98%)
    Rubber:
    Apple:
    Bread:
    Porkchop (cooked):
    Cake:
    Coal dust:
    Redstone dust:
    Glowstone Dust:
    Tinned food:
    SU Battery:
    Tin dust:
    Tin ore:
    Copper dust:
    Copper ore:
    Iron dust:
    Iron ore:
    Gold dust:
    Gold ore:
    Diamond: 597 (3.09%)

Amassing to a total of 19314 items this means that over 600 items were spat so randomly (damn you and your randomness Notch!) out of the dispensers that they didnt get sucked up by the obsidian pipes

As you can see most of the numbers are relatively similar with the singular exception of dirt.

please use this data to improve the wiki and whatever else you may wish to use it for (no rule #34 please)

• At least what I saw in the v1.00 Code it is evenly distributed between all items, might need to look into the new version, but I guess it is the same.

• Of course I could of just asked Albalaka about the code but it was more fun this way,

And for you EE Users out there I and going to work out if it would be profitable to have an automated recycling and converting array.
    I have calculated that a single Dispenser requires 36 :Recycler: running constantly to produce enough scrap to craft enough scrapboxes for continual use at max speed redstone signal.

the best drops are:
    Golden helmet
    Diamond
    Gold ore
    Minecart
    Gold dust

the rest of the drops should be used as they are or broken down into their least valuable (EE dirt value) form (clay balls)
    to be recycled. remember that a single scrapbox requires 72 items to be recycled.

• And here is some thing else for you EE, BC and IC2 users!

This system requires 36 recyclers with power included and an automated buildcraft&EE conversion system for all of the items to lowest (most) possible recycleable (clay balls or planks)

What we want to recycle:
    (calculated according to Clay ball value clayballs being the least valuable item in EE while still being recycleable)

Dirt : 2 (x2)
    Soulsand:2
    Wooden hoe: 2
    Sign: 6.5
    Netherack: 8
    Sandstone: 8
    Tin ore: 256
    Copper ore: 256
    Iron ore: 256
    Minecart: 640
    Gold ore: 1024
    Gold Helmet: 2560

Sum=5022.5
    /33 (amount of items (dirt has twice the chance of the other items) this gives us an average of ~152)
    /72 (amount of recycled items required for a scrapbox. this = 2.1 meaning that we can double scrapbox production every Re-cycle)
    the above shows that we may be able to remove some of the more desireable items from the list In fact we only need half of the total to retain a sustainable system of recycleability. As of writing there is no EE patch which allows conversion of copper&tin to iron 1:1 so we may remove these from the recycle list and add them to the keep list.
    This gives us a final sum of 1.8 per Re-cycle

What we cant/dont want to recycle:
    Grass: N/a
    Pumpkin: N/a
    Leather: N/a
    Apple:N/a
    Bread:N/a
    Porkchop (cooked):N/a
    Cake:N/a

What we want to use/keep:

Rubber
    Coal dust
    Redstone dust
    Glowstone dust
    Tin dust
    Copper dust
    Iron dust
    Gold dust
    Diamond

9 items: perfect for a diamond pipe slot

Mabye items (shouldnt recycle):
    Tin can (filled) (for oldstyle food, but stackable)
    SU Battery
    Plantball (you might want this for fueled jetpack)
    Slimeball (you might want this for duplicating mob items or sticky pistons)

As you may see in the screen shot I actually designed an automated sorting, converting, recycling and dispensing system. The main problem is that at the clay blocks to clay balls part (the final autoworkbench array before the recyclers) there is a massive bottleneck of clay blocks which means that even with 9 autoworkbenches working constantly this is the part which stoppers up the system (because all the recycleables apart from signs and wooden hoes which are both made into planks become clay blocks in the end)
    The random receptacle is just 9 obsidian pipes connected with iron pipes into the first diamond pipe that sorts items into the different catagories, the dispenser is powered by a simple two repeater pulser circuit.

Here is the map:http://www.mediafire.com/?pc05b738vxlyryv
    now I am sure that some of you will be able to refine and make this system much neater and proportionate in conversion but this is the base idea, so take it and have fun farming diamonds from your recycleing expliots :D

• And here we have the final proof that IC + EE is broken!
    Really, looping around SCRAP with a profit is just silly :wacko:

Amazing setup though, if I had the time I would probably get EE just to design shit like this :D

Amazing setup though, if I had the time I would probably get EE just to design shit like this :D

You forget the energy cost. Why not just use a Mass Fab?

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Beacuse this is fun and you get lots of useful stuff (SU batteries, cake, slimeballs)
    and its more efficient per matter usage (9*x scrap as apposed to 32D) and energy usage (36 EU/t per 4 scrapboxes as apposed to 400 EU/t (max efficiency of MF)
    for a single UUM)

and for the awesome (design and 1337 nerd stuff)
    actually that recycler setup system is fail: it doesnt work
    so credit to someone who is awesome enough to make one which does
    (I would need the insertion pipe to make it work)

• awesome stuff... i never knew the chances for the items were so even... i was thinking about doing this, but i restarted for 1.15 so i haven't gather enough to make something similar.

this might help with the dispenser randomly ejecting stuff everywhere. could surrounding its path w glass or something help? that way it has no chance of flying off its course.

• as you can see in my screenshot I have made a 3x3 array of obsidian pipes surrounded by water flowing inwards
    this solves the random problem.

agreed MinecraftCreeperMinecraftCreeperMinecraftCreeper

• EE is soon to get a Major overhaul changing the recpie system quite drastically but yes, and yes it is fun.

• Thanks for the information. Wow amazing ... I never knew the chances for the items were so even...

You realize that this thread is approaching its first birthday, right?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• First post was made on October 6th, its "birthday" were 10 days ago =)

Derp on my part, I just looked at the most recent post

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l