Terraformer

• Hi, I have a problem with the terraformer and flatification blueprint.

It flats only to a height 20 blocks over its own position. There is no good performance for working in extreme mountains.

Is this a bug or a limitation of the blueprint?

Thanks a lot for help or any suggestions.

• Official Post

It is a limitation of the blueprint to save having to check potentially thousands of blocks above it given the range a terraformer will go in the x/z planes too. The blueprints in general are wide but quite flat in their range thus not especially suited to mountains. There's always the mining laser or mining drill if you need to clear one though ;)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Thanks for the quick answer. Would it be a good Idea to create a Mountain Flattener with a restricted x/z-area and unlimited y-expansion or to create a GUI for the terraformer?

Have a nice evening - Cillar

• Official Post

It would probably be better just to do a blueprint that does primarily go vertically rather than horizontally, the Terraformer isn't especially complicated or configurable for needing a GUI. I've considered blueprints that actually change biomes too (rather than just blocks), so maybe a Terraformer expansion is due.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Hi Chocohead,

I've solved my problem. Using an advanced miner with cobble and dirt in the whitelist (and some other stuff) will smelt mountains much better than a mining laser. It will take a long time, but not so much energy. Furthermore that way produces a lot of scrap for mass fabrication in combination with a recycler. That's all I want.

• Official Post

Good to see you managed to work out a solution, whilst not the fastest the advanced miner is probably one of the more power efficient options for mountain clearing.

I see this too much.