[2.8.73] Custom Recipes How-to

• I am in the process of putting together a modpack and I am determined to use the IC2 macerator for a recipe, but I can't seem to figure it out.

I have looked through other threads and have found statements referencing an IC2 folder within the config file of the game. I assume I have to add the file myself and then add the .ini files to that folder? I also have not found a list of functions I could use to add my own recipes. If anyone could point me to the pre-existing recipes so I can gauge how to write them myself I would be very appreciative. I have tried opening the .jar file within Visual Studio Code and it displays a bunch of diamonds and other symbols, which I don't think is how it's supposed to appear.

In short, I need to know:

1. How to open the .jar file using Visual Studio Code or Notepad++

2. Whether or not I have to make a folder labeled IC2 in the config file myself

3. How to actually get the custom recipes into the game

• Official Post

The IC2 jar is just a glorified zip, so you can open it with something like 7zip or WinRar. In the assets/ic2/config directory within it you have all the recipe configs which IC2 uses. To modify them you copy the ones you want out of the jar into a folder called ic2 in the config folder (which you have to make yourself). Once you've done that you can open the ini files using any text editor, and they have both explanations of the format at the top and all the recipes IC2 adds as examples below. To add a custom recipe you just add lines into that file which IC2 will use instead of the one in the jar. Any lines you remove from there will also remove the recipes from the game if you wanted that too.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• How can I separate custom recipes for Experimental and Classic profiles? In IC2 2.8.109 they're loading from the same folder and Experimental recipes override Classic recipes

• Official Post

The normal recipe override location in config/ic2 applies over the top of whatever profile is selected. So if you want custom recipes that are different between profiles then you'll have to create your own profiles that extend the profile you want them to work with. Taking a simple example of adding more shapeless recipes to classic and replacing the shaped ones all together:

That profile.xml file can go in a folder or a zip within an ic2_profiles folder in the root of your minecraft instance (ie the same place where mods, config, logs, etc. is in). The file paths can go in the same structure with as much nesting as you want, the sample above would have them in the same level as the profile.xml itself.

Additional profiles are selected within the main IC2 config by their name, which is case insensitive. Duplicate profile names will log a warning and continue to use the first profile registered with the name. If the profile in the config can't be found it will log a warning with all the profiles it has managed to load and will continue using the default (Experimental).

This still needs some more formal documentation for defining all the possible options for what you can do, but the classic profile within the IC2 jar has a wide range of them as a pre-existing example.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.