Suggestion: Hydro Turbines

• Name: Hydro turbine

Description: a sort of "Advanced" water generator, with no manual-load (no putting buckets into the generator itself) but a large amount of energy from flowing water (Assuming the mod can differentiate between still and flowing; they have different data values, so I would assume so). {I would *Really* like to build a hydro-dam, but the current generators just don't have enough power output to justify it}

Recipie:

[Ri][C][Ri]
    [C][G][C]
    [Ri][C][Ri]

[Ri] Refined Iron
    [C] Cable
    [G] Generator

• I think he should change the way water mills work, i Think noone puts in water manually they should produce energy only if floating water is at one or multiple of the 4 sides.0,25 EU/s for each side each side so 1 EU/s is the max. It should be harder to craft

• Official Post

I think he should change the way water mills work, i Think noone puts in water manually they should produce energy only if floating water is at one or multiple of the 4 sides.0,25 EU/s for each side each side so 1 EU/s is the max. It should be harder to craft

DERP
    You can put floating water next to them already

• I agree on the fix. It's simply pathetic to not be able to efficiently use them. Now with pistons, we can make epic controllable dams but we still can't get any energy out of them!

• just build a bigger water gen farm

well, that's sort of the thing. the water generators just don't have enough of an energy output to justify dedicating the resources to build a water-farm. If each flowing water produced 0.25 EU/frame, then a simple setup would give 2 EU/frame (with water flowing over the top). of course, the exact amount would be up to Al's decision. I was thinking of this maybe as either a replacement for the water generator, or an adaptation to the recipe with a water generator instead of a normal one.