[Suggestion] Operator Block(s) and Pulser Block

• This is a simple concept that has profound results and would expand base Minecraft as well as IC. Saving RS coders tons of room, and allowing us more complicated machinations and creations. Its a simple mainstay of computer coding languages and a base component for any complicated coding, it is the building blocks (ha accidental pun) of modern computing.

The Operator.

For those less computer savvy, an Operator is one of three words used in coding conditions (some languages have dozens of possible operators, we're going to settle for these). The most common operators are AND, OR, or XOR (I prefer to pronounce it ZOAR to the hatred of my colleagues). These Operators are simple in nature but in their simplicity allow the modern computers we use today in all their functions and existences.

In Minecraft these operators are constructed in Redstone using a variety of maddening inverters and a large array of blocks in an area, this creates large complex redstone arrays that take up way too much room for a basic operator.

So my suggestion is this.

An Operator Block or Blocks.

:Refined Iron::Refined Iron::Refined Iron:
    :Copper Dust: :Electronic Circuit::Copper Dust:
    :Refined Iron::Copper Dust::Refined Iron:
    (Pretend the Copper Dust is Redstone)

The Operator Block would have two sides that accept Redstone Inputs and a Front that Outputs. Either through a GUI or separate crafting (based on whether we have one or three blocks), the Operator Block would output power if the chosen operator is true.

AND - If both sides of the block receive Redstone Power, it will output RS Power in front.
    OR - If either side accepts RS Power, it will output in front.
    XOR - If neither side is active, it will output.

=

:Cable::Electronic Circuit: :Copper Dust:

The other suggestion is a Pulser Block, Pulser Blocks would require electricity to work and in their GUI would allow you to tweak their set Pulse period. Every time this pulse period passes in milliseconds it will output RS temporarily. Saving room from those monstrous Pulser circuits some of us create using repeaters and such.

=

Both these concepts drastically reduce the size of redstone circuits and make the existence of redstone creations more manageable. In IC this will allow proper setup of control schemes at bases (IE: Is your Mining Node on? Disable power to your Forge to try to prevent consuming all your power) and in general makes the mod more desirable to the general Minecraft community.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• TBH
    (I admire your ideas no hating on you)
    I think that you should simply use the redpower mod By Eloramm Which has a great many of these "operators" and various other components used in redstone circuitry
    and since it is a forge mod the are no incompatibilities with IC2 (Eloramm is one of the founders of MC forge)
    Redpower link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/…ower-logic-redstone-pipe/

TL;DR : it has been done already and is fully compatible with IC2 so no point reinventing the wheel

• TBH
    (I admire your ideas no hating on you)
    I think that you should simply use the redpower mod By Eloramm Which has a great many of these "operators" and various other components used in redstone circuitry
    and since it is a forge mod the are no incompatibilities with IC2 (Eloramm is one of the founders of MC forge)
    Redpower link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/…ower-logic-redstone-pipe/

TL;DR : it has been done already and is fully compatible with IC2 so no point reinventing the wheel

*sighs* I've never liked installing other mods, was just a suggestion for IC^2, but I figure I'm going to get this answer over and over again anyway.

So guess Redpower it is.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."