Suggestion: 3 new field generators

• Transferred from the IC2 titanpad: http://icpad.titanpad.com/4

New set of energy field blocks:

• Structural integrity field makes every block within range have significantly increased explosive resistance and be unmineable and will prevent building. Interfacing it with a computer can make it so that certain users can build there while others cannot.
    • New Forcefield for IC2, just lik the old bubble field in IC 1. Though it would be nice if when you start one up underwater it removed all of the water sources within it and replaced the after it is shut down again. As well linking it to a computer would make it so certain people can just walk right through.
    • Field wall generator. used by placeing 2 of them apart from eachother and attaching iron fences to define the height, field is then projected between any other fence attached to a field wall generator that is in a direct line. Fences can also be attached from the side to make force floors and ceilings. possible to make a box by placing 4 of them. Also possible to used them as cancelers for bubble fields to create openings in the bubble field.
    • Both of the Above field generators can then be upgraded (possibly with iridium?) to a covert field generator which uses more energy but can have a block placed into it to make the field look like that block.

Recipes made up on the spot:

:OD Scanner: =Field Emitter
    :Gold Dust: =lightstone block
    :Refined Iron: =iron fence
    :Intergrated Plating: =Blank

Field Emitter:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Energy Crystal: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Gold Dust: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Energy Crystal: :Intergrated Plating:

Integrity Field Generator:
    :Industrial Diamond: :OD Scanner: :Industrial Diamond:
    :OD Scanner: :Advanced Machine: :OD Scanner:
    :Industrial Diamond: :OD Scanner: :Industrial Diamond:

Bubble Field Generator:
    :OD Scanner: :OD Scanner: :OD Scanner:
    :OD Scanner: :Advanced Machine: :OD Scanner:
    :OD Scanner: :OD Scanner: :OD Scanner:

Wall Field Generator:
    :OD Scanner: :Refined Iron: :OD Scanner:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Advanced Machine: :Intergrated Plating:
    :OD Scanner: :Refined Iron: :OD Scanner:

• as a coding aspect I think be easier just to have a invisible shield server side for at least the water and maybe update the client packet of the water to the item? Just saying that due to massive crashes and such causing perm shield pieces LOL. But regen shields might not be coming back due to the calculation and load they cause.

Also SMP needs a proper config with advance options like perm shields for grief protection.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I know about the issues that the old shields had. The structural integrity field is completely different and I imagine that wall generator wouldn't have as much of a problem using the old method. Really this idea is more assuming that they figure out a good relatively low impact way to do it.

• Just started using IC2 in the hopes of it serving my servers shield needs. I have played a little bit with modding and really liked what i saw of the IC1 shield generator. I would like to help out with this as it was(even if only in appearance only) exactly what my little server was looking for. I have got IC2 in Eclips but am unsure where to start with IC1 and hacking the code up myself. Any suggestions would be very welcome and of course any progress i would submit back to IC2.

• I must say that the Force-Wall was always something I thought should have been added, with the done one being an upgraded version.

• I love the idea of the forcefield generator, maybe it could be connected to the holocraphic shield mentioned somewhere in the suggestions.

And I'd prevere Ironfence post to mark the corner, as I understood it you wanted the whole lenght but in my eyes that woul look awefull :)

• http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=1292

Need more Time :D will include IC1 Forcefield Stuff and more....

Main issue I have with your addon is that you'd need one of those blocks for every row or column of a shield, the way I proposed it you would need 2 per wall and 4 for 4 walls with one at each corner.

I love the idea of the forcefield generator, maybe it could be connected to the holocraphic shield mentioned somewhere in the suggestions.

And I'd prevere Ironfence post to mark the corner, as I understood it you wanted the whole lenght but in my eyes that woul look awefull :)

I already included something like the holographic shield with the upgraded covert version.

And no, I actually meant the iron fence as lining any 2 sides so I imagine most people setting it up like this:

:Empty Cell: :Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field: :Empty Cell:
    :Empty Cell: :Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field: :Force Field: :Empty Cell:
    :Teleporter: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Teleporter:

:Teleporter: =Wall generator
    :Empty Cell: =Fence ontop of and extending up from generator
    :Force Field: =Shield
    :Intergrated Plating: =stone or any other normal material

Main issue I have with your addon is that you'd need one of those blocks for every row or column of a shield, the way I proposed it you would need 2 per wall and 4 for 4 walls with one at each corner.

:?::?::?:

in Version 0.9.5 you need 1 Genrator for 1 Wall

:Force Field::Force Field::Force Field::Force Field::Force Field:
    :Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating: :Tesla Coil: :Intergrated Plating::Intergrated Plating:

and in Version 0.9.6 1 Generator for a Cube like IC1 ForceField

• Oh nice addon then, I must have looked at it before those versions came out, while in that case i might actually use it now, I'd still prefer the setup to define the wall gen size rather then have an unnecessarily complicated gui. Likely though that's just personal preference